Votes: 86 39.8%
  • 70-79

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • 80-89

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 90-99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I do get annoyed when I notice historical inaccuracies in big budget productions. Mainly because the screenwriters should know way better. But that's pretty esoteric.

My favorite one of those was some movie in which the Roman soldiers are battling it out with some other army with jet contrails in the bright blue sky. It did kinda ruin the mood....

Re: heckling the news, I'm noticing people my age starting to slide into that trusty old-people trope: "Ridiculous!" I remember this from my days as a teenager in south Florida. People of a certain (old grumpy) age seem to forget all other negative adjectives. Rising prices are "Ridiculous!" Political decisions they don't care for: "Ridiculous!" New, more restrictive HOA rules: "Ridiculous!"

Me, I'm schooling myself in a greater variety of negative terms. If grumpy I must become, I wish not to be tedious about it :LOL: Absurd, infuriating, appalling, fit for the trash-heap...anything but "Ridiculous!"

My favorite one of those was some movie in which the Roman soldiers are battling it out with some other army with jet contrails in the bright blue sky. It did kinda ruin the mood....

Can't blame the writers for that, but it would seem to be a simple edit.....

I'm outside yer house right now standing on yer lawn. Whattaya gunna do about it?

This time of the day? Geez, I'm having a nap...come back later.

Forget Grumpy! After 22 years of hard study/training in ER. And passing 70 1/2 into my IRS Pal's RMD land:

I'm a high class CURMUDGEON!

heh heh heh - Whoopee! :dance: :LOL: :greetings10: :D

Can't blame the writers for that, but it would seem to be a simple edit.....

It would be now, but this was long before the days of digital processing. For some reason the scene really sticks in my mind though, I guess because of the absurdity of it.

It would be now, but this was long before the days of digital processing. For some reason the scene really sticks in my mind though, I guess because of the absurdity of it.

I was wondering if it was an old movie.

I was wondering if it was an old movie.

They were shooting another film on an adjacent lot...

ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1463449328.697468.jpg

If you do not get to be grumpy when you are old, then when can you be grumpy? After you have died?

Now, get off my gravel yard!

AARP magazine this month featured Sally Field (you get AARP?). She is almost 70! (but you couldn't tell by the photos). :LOL:

Did Sally borrow the Barbara Walters "blinding soft light" cameras for the shoot?

Looks like Photoshop job to me. Unless she went under the knife a few times to get "tightened up".:D

As my first boss out of college liked to always say.... "She was good in her day, but her day is done".

Sounds like the female equivalent of "He looks OK, but his batteries are dead." :LOL: Yes, women do say things like that.

As my first boss out of college liked to always say.... "She was good in her day, but her day is done".

Yes, me too. It especially shows when I watch the news on TV (especially local news). I can't help but heckle them, with things like "who cares" or "ya right" or "how stupid"...

Sometimes I don't even watch the news any more! Other times I do, just to see what kind of idiocy is being spread about. I used to like heckling HGTV shows, too. "Look at that ugly room, eww! Who would paint their walls that color!" and stuff like that...

LOL! I used to heckle cooking shows. But now I don't have cable...

Heckle at the TV? I thought people come to this forum to heckle each other.

Oh wait, that's the impression that the OP had.

By the way, my TV has been off for quite a while. Hmm... Perhaps that explains something.

Logging on to a website with a computer is for old people. Can't see the poll with my phone. I'm 49.

The stats for this poll look like they are aligned with the baby boomers. Those would be between ages 52 and 70 according to Wikipedia.

Also am impressed that 210 people participated in the poll so far.

My impression is that a lot of them are bots, not people. I'm always surprised at how many forum-related hits I get when I do a general search for certain phrases.

OK, so evidently the totals for active and 'most ever' include bots and spiders as 'guests' unless the site owner installs a mod to remove them from the count. I wonder if people reading via the app (or Tapatalk) get counted correctly? hmmm...

Back
Top Bottom