• 70-79

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • 80-89

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 90-99

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[-]Whole bunch of snide comments[/-] :)

I was thinking if I lived in a 55 and over golfing community and Frayne was my neighbor, I wouldnt be heading for the course unless he was in my car golfing with me. :)

I think I have mellowed with age . I rarely get real angry anymore so I've either mellowed or I lost my New Jersey edge .

Like my old Grand Pappy used to say - "I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up!"

All I want is to get the senior discounts, just give me the money, I don't care how old I am.

Like my old Grand Pappy used to say - "I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up!"

All I want is to get the senior discounts, just give me the money, I don't care how old I am.

Similar attitude of my husband... He's almost 10 years older than me. I tell friends the age difference doesn't matter because he's so immature. :LOL:

I'm never grumpy, just have zero tolerance for drivel an pablum.

In summary:

151 respondents
80% were in the 50-70 age-range.

I was thinking the age would slant a bit higher - not sure why I thought that.

Two thoughts:

1 - 151 is pretty good - but even now, before 6am Central time, there are almost 600 people currently on this site! At one point on 3/31 there were over 5,000 online. That's a lot of activity. 151 is a drop in the bucket.

2 - There are 25,246 members of this board. Only 6/10 of a percent of them responded to this poll LOL

even now, before 6am Central time, there are almost 600 people currently on this site!

My impression is that a lot of them are bots, not people. I'm always surprised at how many forum-related hits I get when I do a general search for certain phrases.

IDK, but I think a bot shows up as a "Guest" in the list of currently active users.

IDK, but I think a bot shows up as a "Guest" in the list of currently active users.
Right. My guess is that most of the "guests" are lurkers, and the ratio between active members and guests has been pretty consistent since I first became a member.

Also, the usernames belong to everyone who has ever registered. Many of them have never posted, some posted once or twice, many were active for a bit and then left for good. The list of truly active users is relatively small compared to what you might think, and is always changing. Just off the top of my head, I can think of a number of once-active users who haven't been here for a long time, and I'm hardly an old timer.

I don't know about grumpy, but I must be looking old. The other day I was loading mulch in the back of my SUV and a young guy asked if he could help me. He wasn't an employee, just someone who parked next to me. I looked at him and said "get...go on...get out of here". Maybe I am moving into that grumpy stage. ;)

Last edited:
I'll be 68 in less than a month, and I have definitely noticed myself getting grumpier.

Yes, me too. It especially shows when I watch the news on TV (especially local news). I can't help but heckle them, with things like "who cares" or "ya right" or "how stupid". Just seems like I've seen it all before and it is mostly irrelevant. It has gotten to the point where DW won't let me watch this stuff. We have had 40-50 years of investigative journalism but nothing seems to ever change. I'm 65 and fairly grumpy, I think.

;) Not me. I'm always looking for ways to make my lawn more inviting.

I pretty much read this forum via my iPad and polls will not display when using the iPad. I'm too lazy to log on with my computer to participate in polls. I do take a peek at them by tapping into the "web view" but again I'm too lazy to sign in via the web view.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Yes, me too. It especially shows when I watch the news on TV (especially local news). I can't help but heckle them, with things like "who cares" or "ya right" or "how stupid". Just seems like I've seen it all before and it is mostly irrelevant. It has gotten to the point where DW won't let me watch this stuff. We have had 40-50 years of investigative journalism but nothing seems to ever change. I'm 65 and fairly grumpy, I think.

Sometimes I don't even watch the news any more! Other times I do, just to see what kind of idiocy is being spread about. I used to like heckling HGTV shows, too. "Look at that ugly room, eww! Who would paint their walls that color!" and stuff like that.

I get grumpy about people who don't even TRY to be considerate of others, and act as though they were raised by wolves.

Seriously, western civilization and culture has given us so much, far more than many people seem to even comprehend. These advances need to be cherished and safeguarded, IMO.

At least that ten year old kid has stayed off my brand new lawn, ever since I complained to his mother about it a month or two ago. :D

I don't think grumpiness has anything to do with age, it just depends on when you lose the filter.

What's bumming me out is seeing the actors get old.....

Toby Stevens on Black Sails was a recent shock... and he's 10 years younger than I!

Last edited:
Sometimes I don't even watch the news any more! Other times I do, just to see what kind of idiocy is being spread about. I used to like heckling HGTV shows, too. "Look at that ugly room, eww! Who would paint their walls that color!" and stuff like that.

I get grumpy about people who don't even TRY to be considerate of others, and act as though they were raised by wolves.

Seriously, western civilization and culture has given us so much, far more than many people seem to even comprehend. These advances need to be cherished and safeguarded, IMO.

At least that ten year old kid has stayed off my brand new lawn, ever since I complained to his mother about it a month or two ago. :D
LOL! I used to heckle cooking shows. But now I don't have cable.....

I do get annoyed when I notice historical inaccuracies in big budget productions. Mainly because the screenwriters should know way better. But that's pretty esoteric.

Da Vinci's Demons is pretty bad. It's made colloquial several references to new world vegetables, and it's only 1476.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom