How Narcissistic are You Test here!

I flunked this test. I got a 5.

ha

I'll admit to being older than Gumby but I also scored a 7. Perhaps I stopped learning at age 50?:LOL: OTOH, Ha scored lower, whatdayathinkaboutthat! :flowers: OP is holding out on us! :angel:

There were several questions where neither answer applied, so I just chose one even though I don't think that way.

Last edited:
I also scored a 7. I find it difficult to believe the high average scores that are claimed.

I took the test and enjoyed it, thanks. But it would be narcissistic to post my score...:cool:

I scored 20. Apparently I am a celebrity at heart!

:cool::LOL:

I scored 8.

I think the key question for me was "Power for its own sake doesn't interest me." Power over others is meaningless to me -- like a person blind from birth, trying to appreciate a sunset. As a supervisor, I hated it when someone would try to suck up to me. I hated the insincerity of it, and I did not want a good person to feel they needed to "humble" themselves before me, just so I would treat them decently. But, I know plenty of other people who love and crave that treatment.

I do, though, like to be in charge of a project when it's something I'm good at, and the results really matter. Trappings of authority are meaningless to me. I have had a big office, and I have had a tiny desk in a sea of other tiny desks. What that has taught me is that real authority comes from competence - when others know they can rely on you.

I scored a 21, but a) I don't like manipulating other people, b) I don't like being the loud center of of attention, and c) I don't like people prying into my life. Most of scores came from self reliance, belief in my own abilities, and my fascination with being in tip-top shape. Well, if what I consider to be positive traits makes me a narcissist, then so be it.

I can see if I give this test to some of my co-workers, they might score off the charts. They all got blogs and legions of fans, talk really loud, have lots and lots of opinions, and like to be the centers of attention. For me, these things are the means to the end of achieving superior performance in work and play. You need to influence and lead other people because you can't do everything by yourself, but these aren't the ends in themselves.

You're all a bunch of braggarts! I scored 4. In contrast to Gumby, when I was 25 I probably would have scored about 2.

I also scored a 7. I find it difficult to believe the high average scores that are claimed.
I suspect a lot of the high scores are some of the "climb the corporate ladder types" who are drawn to power and leadership. If so, it would make sense that we, as folks trying to step off that ladder completely, would score lower.

Actually, in my last post, I goofed on my scoring. I scored 3, not 4.

I scored 13. 11 were in authority and self-sufficiency. Considering I still work managing a government office, and am a single woman, I think that fits. Would be interesting to take this a year or two from now after retiring the end of this year.

It does seem like some of the questions address self-confidence, which is generally regarded as a good trait.

There is nothing wrong, for example, in feeling good about your appearance; and it is downright sad when someone feels he or she can't accept a compliment. I enjoy complimenting people, and am a bit put off if they act like I must be mistaken.

I suspect a lot of the high scores are some of the "climb the corporate ladder types" who are drawn to power and leadership. If so, it would make sense that we, as folks trying to step off that ladder completely, would score lower.

Not necessarily. Perhaps those who scored higher would be more inclined to find the "corporate ladder" more difficult to tolerate and would be more likely to ER. After all, this provides more power over your life and what you do with it.

A big fat 20. :cool:
Some of the questions were redundant with simple phrasing changes. It was interesting to see how varying degrees of a certain trait were queried.

What is this, 1950? We have to write down our answers and compare them against a key and add up the results?? Let me go get my slide rule so I can calculate my score.

17. My guess is that most ex-military are at the high end, but not from narcissism, more from wanting to taking the reins and getting the job done.

OK, I am a 26! But then my husband calls me "the Til of his Hun".

I scored 18, and like others wonder what I would have scored 30 years ago.

At 16 I tried to win a scholarship in the RAF as a junior officer and went through 3 days of testing. The feedback I received was that I passed all the technical and aptitude tests, but was too shy a person to be become a leader. Well, I proved to myself 35 years on that nice guys CAN become good leaders - we just do it in non confrontational ways.

Back
Top Bottom