How often do you post? Posts per day poll

How many posts do you make per day? (look at your profile)

• .01 - .1

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • .11 - .2

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • .21 - .3

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • .31 - .4

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • .41 - .5

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • .51 - .6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • .61 - .7

• .71 - .8

• .81 - .9

• .91 - 1,0

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • 1.01 - 1.4

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • 1.41 - 1.5

• 1.51 - 2.0

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • 2.01 - 2.4

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 2.41 - 2.5

• 2.51 - 3.0

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • 3.01 - 3.4

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • 3.41 - 3.5

• 3.51 - 4.0

• 4.01 - 4.5

• 4.51 - 5.0

• 5.01 - 6.0

• 6.01 - 7.0

• More than 7

• Total voters

dex

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I've been a member of this board since Oct 2003 or about 3.5 years and I'm amazed at how many people have more posts than I do AND and don't reconize their log in name.

Round Up and let me know if I need to add more options

Name: dex
Position: Full time employment: Posting here.
Date Registered: October 28, 2003, 08:13:06 AM

If you are on the lower end of the scale why don't you post more often?

If you are on the higher end of the scale - we appreciate your time and efforts.

3.014 per day

Didn't realize it was that high.

I have 'talkative' stretches and quiet stretches.

I'm retired, I don't have to communicate with anyone at any specific time.

I love it.

2.79. Getting higher. Early on I made long and what I considered to be thoughtful posts.

I believe my inner curmudgeon has asserted itself more recently, and I make a lot of short posts often expressing a mild degree of annoyance.

I think it is annoyance at some other aspects of my life bleeding in.
Ha

Mine is 0.726 and I registered 1/22/05. I don't post more often because I don't want to show my ignorance at times!

Dreamer said:
I don't post more often because I don't want to show my ignorance at times!
Gosh, that's never stopped the rest of us...

I have 114 posts (0.919 per day). Been an official member since Nov 2006, was a lurker for a couple years before that. I might post more often if I wasn't w*rking so many hours.

Dex, you may not post frequently but your posts are memorable. Traveling around in that Casita has a certain cachet.

I only do 1 per day, have been a member for 81 days. I don't post that much because I guess I am still feeling my way around and still have so much to learn.

Name: Alex
Position: Full time employment: Posting here.
Date Registered: May 29, 2006, 10:56:21 PM

Why do I post so little? My grandfather liked to remind me that I have two ears and one mouth.... ;)

I have 1.77 posts per day but I've only been a member since March 3rd. I'm shy, plus I really have a lot to learn.

HaHa said:
2.79. Getting higher. Early on I made long and what I considered to be thoughtful posts.

I believe my inner curmudgeon has asserted itself more recently, and I make a lot of short posts often expressing a mild degree of annoyance.

I think it is annoyance at some other aspects of my life bleeding in.
Ha
I've been feeling the same way lately.

291 (1.599 per day)
Position: Recycles dryer sheets
Date Registered: September 29, 2006, 10:04:26 AM

I used to post around 5.0 per day, but I find that I'm not grasping the financial aspect, so I've decided to just lurk more now.

1400 posts (1.763 per day). I had no idea. Well, it's a lot less than I write and then discard. Even then, I sometimes wish I had pulled out... err you know, stopped. Ok, now it's 1401.

Ouch!!!!

FinanceDude
Position: Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Date Registered: August 03, 2006, 05:27:32 PM

I must be desperate! :eek: :eek: No, I just like you guys!! :D :D

Or.............I can't shut up!!! (I'm betting on this one) I know, I'm a "mini-me" of CFB............... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

0.731 posts/day.

And the poll isn't a very bell shaped curve. Must need a bigger sample size, or not everything fits into a bell shaped curve.

-CC

5 posts a day?!?! I didn't realize I wasted so much time on this board! :D Just kidding.

Probably 0.5 of those posts are worthwhile. The other 4.5 are worthless dribble.

It would probably be 10 per day, except I end up deleting half my posts midstream while I'm responding or after I've finished.

Date Registered: June 23, 2004, 11:54:27 AM

I don't post much because I am too busy reading other people's posts. :)

Really, I am not a good data gatherer or researcher so I just post my opinions, feelings, experiences. (The nature of my work must have conditioned me to this--I just manipulate and process data--you know, create tables, databases, reports based on specs; I don't gather, analyze, or find relationships among pieces of data.)

Most of the time, I can't follow the statistical or math-based discussions on the FIRE and Money board, and most of my questions are asked by quicker posters.

I'd probably start more topics if I had more time to formulate thoughts and to follow up on threads I start.

0.715 posts per day

I originally posted back in late '05 when I was considering moving to a lower cost of living area in order to ER more quickly. Ended up deciding to stay in California and hang tough for a couple of more years in order to eventually ER in place.

I became addicted to absorbing all the info and experiences posted on the board and stuck around. I wish I had more to contribute but my little investment niche is apartment buildings. As interesting as the discussion of SWRs and correlations among asset classes and all the rest is (and I think it is fascinating) I have only a small portion of my NW in securities. I'm on an alternate path to the shared destination of ER.

I get a real bang, as I'm sure most everyone here does, out of observing people's home stretch to retirement and then the post that says, "This is my last day. I've made it!" :)

almost 5 posts a day, phew, I am a freaking loudmouth. Which exactly reflects my personality in real life. One day a coworker comes by to find 6 others circled around my cube as I'm telling another story and he says, "Laurence holding court again?". :p Everyone jokes I have no trouble talking. Member since 2004 I believe.

2.6 posts a day . I enjoy all the financial bantering that goes on plus there is also a fun side to the board .You guys rock !

Gosh I'm only at 2.5 a day and I'll bet half of them are jokes. I've learned a lot more than I've posted, no way to put an average count on that :)

Gosh, I thought I posted a lot, but I'm only at 1.4. But that's since April of 2004, so I guess it's harder to sustain those high counts for years on end.

Why the strange catagories, Dex? Either I'm still half asleep or there is a small x.4 - x.5 in each of them... :confused:

justin said:
Probably 0.5 of those posts are worthwhile. The other 4.5 are worthless dribble.

Yes, but which ones are which?

Meadbh (1.365)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom