If you make a deal, do you stand by it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup, except the dealer that didn't sell it has no obligation to help you with a rental. You can find one for yourself.

Always good to know when a dealer is a jerk. since the plan pays for it, who would want to go to a dealer for repairs who gives you the finger?

Alternate Transportation: GM Protection Plan Major Guard, Value Guard and Smart Protection will pay the cost to rent a replacement vehicle or for public transportation whenever two or more manufacturer's labor time guide hours are required for a covered repair or if the vehicle must be kept overnight.

Always good to know when a dealer is a jerk. since the plan pays for it, who would want to go to a dealer for repairs who gives you the finger?

Alternate Transportation: GM Protection Plan Major Guard, Value Guard and Smart Protection will pay the cost to rent a replacement vehicle or for public transportation whenever two or more manufacturer's labor time guide hours are required for a covered repair or if the vehicle must be kept overnight.

You are entitled to it but it dosen't say who's going to give it to you.

Good, we will look forward to not seeing you.

It's OK for you to shun the dealer and buy the product somewhere else yet you consider the dealer the jerk when they don't service you. Amazing!

One of the better parts of the job was laughing at folks like you.

and just how fast do you think the word spread on which dealers love to screw customers of their manufacturer?

Like lightning!

Local Car Dealer Ratings & Reviews on Edmunds

Car dealers on Yelp

What's really entertaining is watching what happens when a dealer tries stuffing the reviews.

Hints:
  • All those posts from the dealership's computers will have the same IP address.
  • Multiple identical reviews, right down to the same spelling errors are sort of obvious.
  • Posts threatening violence against other reviewers who don't like your business really help improve foot traffic. Elsewhere.

What we are trying to tell you is that REALITY often works different than academia...........;)

The dealer is not giving you the finger, they are just giving their OWN customers priority over you........which happens all the time.........;)

You are entitled to it but it dosen't say who's going to give it to you.

Good, we will look forward to not seeing you.

It's OK for you to shun the dealer and buy the product somewhere else yet you consider the dealer the jerk when they don't service you. Amazing!

One of the better parts of the job was laughing at folks like you.

What a riot!
priding yourself on bad customer service and driving customers away
Now you know how I came to know the regional representatives so well

And oh do they get pissed when you don't want the extras. I even bought my manufacturers extended warranty from a different dealer for about half price.

Have you ever considered why you have so much angst against anyone and everyone in the business world? You reap what you sow. If you turned your back on the dealer on the extended warranty, you can expect the same from him in return. There is a big difference between honoring a manufacturers extended warranty and providing exemplary customer service. Every time you come into the dealership with your smug "I know my legal rights attitude", acting like they owe you something special, they will grit their teeth, paste on a smile and go thru the motions of providing the barest minimum of required service. Rental car? "Sorry sir, you need to contact the party that sold you this warranty, we cannot authorize it" Maybe your car will be the only one that doesn't get a complimentary wash, air-freshener, or a complimentary inspection...You'll get it serviced, but at their convenience and on their time schedule. Staying late to finish a repair so you can have the car back the same day? Isn't going to happen, and good luck getting Dealer B to come pick you up at Dealer A in that free rental car they contracted with you for...

What a riot!

I had a GM regional rep as my neighbor. We used to share a couple cold ones while he used to make me laugh telling me stories about "famous customers" and the squeaky wheels they wanted grease sprayed on. One guy tried to sue GM because his Cadillac with 102,000 miles on it needed a new water pump, and he wanted GM to pay for it............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

and just how fast do you think the word spread on which dealers love to screw customers of their manufacturer?

First of all, its not screwing the customer. Secondly, good luck with the regional rep when you are complaining that a delaership you neither BOUGHT the car at NOR bought the warranty at is supposed to drop everything and help YOU!!

Here's a news flash: Service departments don't really LIKE manufacturer's warranties.........typically the money the dealer gets to do warranty work contains the thinnest margins in the entire service department, save for loss-leader oil changes............:LOL:

This is wiithout a doubt, one of the most interesting and informative posts I ever read. Just jumped on it today and read it from start to finish and some of it twice. I thank dm for the post and 73ss454 for allot of insite into the car sales story. I am a GM retiree and have witnessed similiar "tricks" myself. Two years I leased a new GM vehicle. DW and I took a test drive in HER new car. It was everything she wanted but didn't have leather interior and was the wrong color. It had the deep tinted windows except on the front doors. I knew I could have these tinted at a shop. Also, thought about pin striping to dress it up. Dealer told us we could have leather seats installed for which we agreed to do and added it on to the sales price. Friend of mine had this done and the results were terrific. The "right" color car was at one of their other dealerships and would have it tomorrow. Told them to put the leather in before we picked it up as we didn't want to be bothered with this later. When we picked up the car three days later the price was $1000 more than was first discloses and that didn't have anything to do with the leather interior.

The extra $1000 was for tinted front windows, pin stripes, Scotch guarded seats and paint sealant. None of this was disclosed to us when picked up the car. It only appeared on the paperwork which takes about an hour to fill out. Why? Because car dealers are one of the worse experiences one can have. The state of Florida has put in so many disclosers for this very reason. I ended up getting those extras for nothing because I pitched a fit. Their excuse was that everyone asks for these extras so they just put them on every car and can discount it this way. I'm talking loud to the Sales Manager, "here I am a salaried retiree and you treat me this way? I hate to see what you do with the unknowing customer off the street." I made them promise they would disclose this to every customer in the future.

Next February I'll do it again and will be watching the VIN's and all the other tricks they pull. Once again, thanks for the great post and all the replys.

What a riot!

Sir, you bought your warranty somewhere else, you are not my customer. I pride myself on taking car of my customers.

Have a nice trip.

I take it to my closer dealer. I bought the car 40 mile away

That, I would not have the b*lls to do. The last time I bought a new car(early 90's), I bought it in a small town 30 miles from here. I tried to buy it local, but they just would not deal. The small out of town dealer was much more liberal in his discount. But the nice thing about the deal, when it was time for warranty work they would send a runner to my office, leave me a loner and take my car back in for the repairs. When it was ready, I returned the loner and picked up my car. Very fair in my opinion. Now when I buy a used car from an independent car dealer, I take it to the nearest dealer for warranty work. Never had a problem.

That, I would not have the b*lls to do. The last time I bought a new car(early 90's), I bought it in a small town 30 miles from here. I tried to buy it local, but they just would not deal. The small out of town dealer was much more liberal in his discount. But the nice thing about the deal, when it was time for warranty work they would send a runner to my office, leave me a loner and take my car back in for the repairs. When it was ready, I returned the loner and picked up my car. Very fair in my opinion. Now when I buy a used car from an independent car dealer, I take it to the nearest dealer for warranty work. Never had a problem.

Dawg, you have a good sense of business ethics, and understand that a business relationship must be symbiotic to work properly- a parasitic relationship cannot survive.

Sir, you bought your warranty somewhere else, you are not my customer. I pride myself on taking car of my customers.

Have a nice trip.

I love dropping "f*ck you" comments like that on the manufacturer's regional representative. Dealers are agents of the manufacturer. When they say F*ck you to a manufacturer's customer , The manufacturer loves to hear about it.

Dawg, you have a good sense of business ethics, and understand that a business relationship must be symbiotic to work properly- a parasitic relationship cannot survive.

Which is why manufacturers cultivate customers and don't appreciate dealers screwing them

The next to last car I bought took me awhile to negotiate... it was a new model and was in demand...

I finally got a great deal in writing from a dealership 4 hours drive away... the local guy said 'we will do that'... (the difference between their last offer and this price was about $1200)...

When I went to pick up the car... they had tinted the windows and put on mud guards... the sales manager said "I hope you don't mind, we will take them off if you do"... never ever mentioned that I should pay for their mistake... all he wanted was that they did not have to spend more money reversing it... I like the car and the tint is great..

It is how you treat people that matters...

First of all, its not screwing the customer. Secondly, good luck with the regional rep when you are complaining that a delaership you neither BOUGHT the car at NOR bought the warranty at is supposed to drop everything and help YOU!!

Here's a news flash: Service departments don't really LIKE manufacturer's warranties.........typically the money the dealer gets to do warranty work contains the thinnest margins in the entire service department, save for loss-leader oil changes............:LOL:

Yes it's screwing the manufacturer's customer. As GM says
Looking for a new dealer? You've come to the right place!

First, thank you for being our customer. The ongoing reinvention of GM involves the consolidation of our Dealer network. This means that a number of our valued customers will need to locate a new dealer for service or sales. We continue to have a strong Dealer network in place. They are open and staffed by GM-trained Goodwrench experts with Genuine GM parts on hand and are best equipped to service your vehicle.
GM Dealer Availability - Dealer & Service Information | General Motors

Manufacturer's make assurances to customers that they will be treated properly by dealers anywhere in the country

Where do I go for repairs?
Repairs can be handled conveniently though any GM dealership or licensed repair facility in the United States and Canada.

So until your service manager has the balls to say "he is not my customer" to the manufacturer he should simply sit down and do the job he is paid for.

I love dropping "f*ck you" comments like that on the manufacturer's regional representative. Dealers are agents of the manufacturer. When they say F*ck you to a manufacturer's customer , The manufacturer loves to hear about it.

The dealer is an independant business man, and the manufacturers rep has no control over them.

Since you get such a kick out of buying something cheaper somewhere else, it's my opinion that you can stay there.

Just one other thing, we call a person with a problem that needs help a visiting owner. This is when someone is traveling and away from their home and brakes down and needs assistance. We were always more than happy to help them. We would also help customers like you, right after we were done helping our customers. You can just leave your car in the back and we will call you when we get to it. (heh)

The dealer is an independant business man, and the manufacturers rep has no control over them.

Since you get such a kick out of buying something cheaper somewhere else, it's my opinion that you can stay there.

He's not "independent' he is a "dealer'. people walk through the door because he has a big "GM" sign on the door.

It's a specific violation of the Maryland dealer licensing law to fail to honor a Automobile warranty contract
TRANSPORTATION
TITLE 15. VEHICLE LAWS -- LICENSING OF BUSINESSES AND OCCUPATIONS
SUBTITLE 3. DEALERS Md. TRANSPORTATION Code Ann. § 15-312 (2010)
§ 15-312. Prohibited acts -- Vehicle sales transactions

(g) Failure to comply with terms of warranty or guarantee. -- A dealer or an agent or employee of a dealer may not willfully fail to comply with the terms of a warranty or guarantee.

To be technical GM makes promises directly to the customer, including a promise that dealers will do certain things. Dealers sign off on those promises both when they get a dealership and second when they sell cars using the GM paperwork. Consumers are third party beneficiaries of the Gm-Dealer contracts. If a dealer defaults on the primary automobile contract, the consumer can sue Gm directly for performance. So GM is fully responsible for the failure of the dealer to properly service the customer. Since GM is responsible for the action of the dealer, their contracts give them the necessary control Many states license dealers Maryland law requires the parties to submit the contracts as part of teh license

§ 15-203. Application for license

(b) Documents required. -- Each applicant for a license shall submit as part of the application:
(1) A copy of each form of any new vehicle warranty currently given or offered by the applicant;
(2) A copy of each form of franchise and any other contract with dealers used by the applicant, together with a list of dealers in this State who hold a franchise from the applicant;
(3) A copy of the vehicle preparation and delivery obligations of its dealers; and
(4) A statement of the compensation the applicant agrees to pay a dealer for parts supplied and work done by the dealer under:
(i) The preparation and delivery obligations referred to in item (3) of this subsection; or
(ii) Any outstanding express or implied new vehicle warranty.

§ 15-206.1. Good faith

(a) "Good faith" defined. -- In this section, "good faith" means honesty in fact and the observance of reasonable commercial standards of fair dealing in the trade.(b) Required. -- A manufacturer, distributor, or factory branch, whether directly or through an agent, employee, or representative, may not fail to act in good faith:
(1) In acting or purporting to act under the terms, provisions, or conditions of any franchise agreement; or
(2) In any transaction or conduct governed by this subtitle.

So if a dealer screws a warranty customer, it is a violation of law.

Just one other thing, we call a person with a problem that needs help a visiting owner. This is when someone is traveling and away from their home and brakes down and needs assistance. We were always more than happy to help them. We would also help customers like you, right after we were done helping our customers. You can just leave your car in the back and we will call you when we get to it. (heh)

See good faith and license revocation above

Maybe you can also site some cases where dealers went to jail after playing with a clown like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom