March 1st I weighed 250 pounds.......

Congratulations! What worked for you?

We recently had a thread on "What's your passion". I was tempted to put weight loss, since I've been trying to do it for 30 years (largely unsuccessfully).

Yes! What is that magic sauce? 75 lbs in 8 1/2 months is amazing.

Last edited:
Good for you! I bet you are feeling great now. What was your program to accomplish this in such a short time?

75 pounds in 8 months....

My guess would be bariatric surgery, but also a very low-carb, real food diet would also work for some. Or, maybe just giving up the sweets.

Or......

The New Fantastic Quantum Matrix Diet Plan from Perfection Dog Bisquits and Diet Magic company?

Wow! That's a very impressive accomplishment.

Good for you!

Great! A bit more than 2 lbs a week — a very nice pace, which does not require extraordinary surgical or pharmaceutical methods.

Awesome!

Good job, I actually did something similar last year, went from 210 to 155 in about 10 months. It was mostly keeping calories to around 1200/day, so a very light breakfast, no snacks, no candy/desserts, and weighing oz's on the kitchen scale for meals. My weight jumped hard originally when I fell in love too much with my own cooking.

Congratulations! I am 6 weeks into a , for me, dramatic change in dropping all added sugar plus eating low carb (had one day when I splurged on a waffle for breakfast). My previous attempts at dieting left me too hungry too often, although had managed a 32 lb loss just prior to retiring (My goal then and now is a total loss of 70 lbs and of course keeping it off, which is the rub is it not), but gained back 20 lbs during the first 18 months of ER. So far, I've lost another 8 lbs to add to the 12 I had managed to not gain back. So, only 50 lbs to go!

I too wonder how the OP did it.
My pace is glacier by comparison , but I do feel a lot better and am rarely hungry.

Wow, that's great! Now you need to let the community in on your secrets. Even if they consist of "I ate less and exercised more."

Wow thanks I was hoping someone wouldn't mock me for bragging like a girl about a weight loss :D. After a visit to the Dr. and him telling me I was a prime candidate for a heart attack (Age 56), I decided to go all in. I started walking a mile every morning until I reached 3 miles and I continue to do that every morning. Next I completly eliminated sugar and junk food from my diet. The first 6 months I kept my calorie input at less than 1500 cal. I also stopped drinking alcohol also although I never drank that much only a beer here and there. Most of my diet is plant based with some lean protein. I also don't cheat on my diet because I really want to keep the weight off and actually I kind of prefer eating healthy now. It is a lot of work and I just take it a day at a time and weigh myself everyday.

Wow thanks I was hoping someone wouldn't mock me for bragging like a girl about a weight loss :D. After a visit to the Dr. and him telling me I was a prime candidate for a heart attack (Age 56), I decided to go all in. I started walking a mile every morning until I reached 3 miles and I continue to do that every morning. Next I completly eliminated sugar and junk food from my diet. The first 6 months I kept my calorie input at less than 1500 cal. I also stopped drinking alcohol also although I never drank that much only a beer here and there. Most of my diet is plant based with some lean protein. I also don't cheat on my diet because I really want to keep the weight off and actually I kind of prefer eating healthy now. It is a lot of work and I just take it a day at a time and weigh myself everyday.

Nice job! :dance:

Now of you are in Orchard Park near Buffalo (I'm guessing), stay away from those famous Buffalo Wings!

I also don't cheat on my diet because I really want to keep the weight off and actually I kind of prefer eating healthy now. It is a lot of work and I just take it a day at a time and weigh myself everyday.

I agree it is work. Cooking healthy meals takes time. But, it is worth it, IMHO.

Congratulations!

Not possible. No man can brag as well as a girl can. Man bragging, compared to girl bragging, is simply pathetic.

Wow thanks I was hoping someone wouldn't mock me for bragging like a girl

That's awesome! Sounds like you have a very sustainable life style to keep it off too! I have 10-20 lb swings depending on how much I'm running and staying more disciplined with my diet, and can feel a big difference with that weight off my joints and back. Unfortunately I'm back toward the higher end right now. I can only imagine what 75 off feels like, or Plex's 55.

That is great. I need to lose 10lbs and fight with that everyday. I love to eat ad now I eat every meal when working I didn't eat and missed a lot of meals. I get more exercise now then when I worked but eat more. Lol

Good luck to you and what is your recipe?

I started taking berberine a couple of months ago for gut health and dropped 5 pounds over two months to a BMI of 25.5. I'm probably still losing. Berberine is very interesting — it's as effective as metformin for blood sugar control (I have normal blood sugar), and also lowers cholesterol. I read about the weight loss side effect, but I'm still a little surprised.

Congrats.

Here's a woman that recently lost 300 lbs by eating a plant based diet too. She does a video every Wed that she calls "Weigh in Wednesday".

It's quite inspiring. She did it without the surgery. If you look at her videos, she interviews another woman that dropped well over a 100 lbs and it too is an inspirational video:

Back
Top Bottom