New Years Eve Roll Call

Tailgate

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Who is in for the evening and who is headed out a shindig?

Here... We're in for the count! Homemade tamales for dinner, bowl games and some cabernet is as adventurous as we will get!
:dance:

Out to friend's house for whatever. I don't drink so I am a designated driver. It's only a mile away though.

Dinner reservation at 7:30p and a stop at our next door neighbors NYE party! Fun night...

We're in for the evening.

On the menu: salad, smoked salmon, steak au poivre with roasted fingerling potatoes, and decadent chocolate cake for dessert. Glass of Champagne, or two.

Our New Years Eve celebrations peaked out in 2011 with a trip to Times Square. Now the snowy view out back watching the deer is more our speed.

Staying home.

I am staying safely home tonight, as I have done every year since 1975 or before. I was out driving this afternoon, and believe me, the drunks are already on the road! No way am I going out tonight.

My plan is to play in Excel - - closing out my 2013 financial numbers, doing my yearly analyses, and so on.

At the same time, I'll be watching the ball drop at Times Square on TV as I do every year, and listening to the loud and plentiful fireworks that many of my neighbors are shooting off tonight.

I am SO GLAD to be able to wrap up 2013 and move on to 2014... a new, fresh year. :D

Having my usual "nerdy" New Year's Eve. Spent the morning tallying up expenses for 2013 and tweaking my budget spreadsheets for 2014.

Went to lunch at a local restaurant - paid for with a gift card received for Christmas. Went to a local bookstore to spend another Christmas gift card, and was home well before dark.

Tonight I leave the roads to the inebriated revelers around here.

We had tickets for a NHL game, but sold them to the kids of the people we split the tickets with. Amateur night out there, and don't want to get caught in that!

So we are staying in and having steak and lobster for the New year (still cheaper than a hockey game), and watching Cathy Griffin on TV.

Staying in. Fire in the fireplace (insert). Light supper of salad with a nice Havarti dill cheese on baguette, dessert. Have a movie from the library in case we feel like watching.

Kindest regards.

DW and I did our New Year toast during dinner (at home) and will certainly be asleep before midnight. Life is good, although very quiet.

In. Already had a good meal of Vietnamese food this afternoon to celebrate the new year.

We'll be in bed before midnight, but I'm sure my rural neighbors will be waking me up at midnight as usual with their loud toys!

A little of both. We have friends arriving momentarily and we'll order takeout sushi, then all of us are off to a couple parties thrown by other friends. We have a designated driver, so all will be safe (aside from the other idiots on the road). Happy New Year to all! :flowers:

First time in years, we are going out, but just to a neighbors and he says we have to leave at 10. already popped a bottle of Moët Chandon. Happy New Year to all! And didn't the Dow close at record? Another reason to celebrate!

Home is where I'll be to welcome in 2014!

Happy New Year to all. :dance:

We are staying home with some NYE snacks and champagne.

Our younger son is working tonight, running the sound at the Akron, OH "First Night" celebration. DH picked up the other son and brought him over so that he can drink if he wants to and he will take him home later.

Tomorrow I will close out the 2013 spreadsheets and get set up for 2014. I see I'm not the only one here who sees this task as FUN!

Happy New Year to all of you! Stay safe and warm.

In for the night; it's snowing and 8 below zero out there.

DH came down with the flu this week and he's laying (very) low. I've managed to avoid symptoms so far, but I'm staying home so as not to spread the joy. We'll have dinner and he'll most likely hit the sack soon thereafter, and I'll probably spend the rest of the evening catching up on my Netflix queue. :rolleyes:

Not a particularly memorable way to ring in our first post-FIRE New Year, but so be it. We'll make up for missed :dance: :dance: time soon enough! :D

Cheers, all.

Staying home with DH, my mother (who is visiting) and my daughter. Son is at a party at a friend's house and will stay over so he doesn't have to drive during the middle of the night tonight.

I am working on closing out the 2013 budget and doing more work to set up 2014.

Staying in, as we have every New Year's Eve since 1987. The young wife is preparing dinner --

salad greens with sliced pear, goat cheese and toasted pecans drizzled with balsamic dressing

roasted frenched rack of lamb with an herb crust, roasted fingerling potatoes and artichoke hearts

a nice cabernet

We save the Champagne for brunch tomorrow.

We are heading out soon (by mass transit). We will eat dinner out then walk around downtown Portland and view the white lights and people watch, then be home before 10pm.

It is also our 26th anniversary today.

Back
Top Bottom