NFL: 2017 Season

One thing behind the psychology of sports is if you feel you belong to something ie a group such as Patriot fans you never see the cheating . Even though you have been fined twice for it. Across the rest of the nation a team gets the reputation as cheaters . Sometimes we need to get out of the groups and think for ourselves , not with the group . No hate , just a bit of sports fan psychology.

One thing behind the psychology of sports is if you feel you belong to something ie a group such as Patriot fans you never see the cheating . Even though you have been fined twice for it. Across the rest of the nation a team gets the reputation as cheaters . Sometimes we need to get out of the groups and think for ourselves , not with the group . No hate , just a bit of sports fan psychology.

Since you started this discussion.....Every NFL team cheats. The Pats are not even in the top 10 franchises when it comes to cheating....

The NFL's Biggest Cheaters - Your Team Cheats - The Definitive Guide to NFL Cheating

Last edited:
While you might be right, they failed miserably 6 days earlier in Miami.
True. As good as Brady is he cannot do it by himself. Last year they won without Gronk but they had Edelman. It's extremely difficult to win without both and if Gronk goes down with an injury this year they are vulnerable in the playoffs.
I’m a Pats/Brady fan, but Brady also played very poorly against Miami. Lots of underthrown or otherwise missed passes that weren’t the receivers errors. Fortunately Brady and the Pats seem to step it up after a bad game. Thank goodness, if they’d played the Steelers like they played the Dolphins, it would have been a rout!

I hope the Pats go all the way, but I wouldn’t bet on it this season...

I feel the patriots will lose one of the next two games , both they will be favored by more than 10 . The only team that can beat the Patriots is the Steelers. This year the Steelers are going to the SB. I would rather see JAX but this is the NFL .

If the 'holy s#^€?' version of the Chiefs shows up for at least one of the remaining games and then gets it rolling in the playoffs it could be really exciting around here. Of course, it might easily be a one and done and a mediocre draft position yet again.

Here's a scenario, Smith and company have a great run, beat out Brady and Rothlisburger, Smith gets hurt and Mahommes has to start his first game in the SB. Brady, Rothlisburger, Rodgers, and Rivers all retire and a brand new dynasty is born. It could happen!

...Here's a scenario, Smith and company have a great run, beat out Brady and Rothlisburger, Smith gets hurt and Mahommes has to start his first game in the SB. Brady, Rothlisburger, Rodgers, and Rivers all retire and a brand new dynasty is born. It could happen!

Maybe it could happen, but, it won't happen.

If the 'holy s#^€?' version of the Chiefs shows up for at least one of the remaining games and then gets it rolling in the playoffs it could be really exciting around here. Of course, it might easily be a one and done and a mediocre draft position yet again.

Here's a scenario, Smith and company have a great run, beat out Brady and Rothlisburger, Smith gets hurt and Mahommes has to start his first game in the SB. Brady, Rothlisburger, Rodgers, and Rivers all retire and a brand new dynasty is born. It could happen!

A martian ship landing in the parking lot tonight is more likely.

Besides, KC fan's can't get Mahomes surname spelled right.

I had to google it... had no idea who he was.

Martians may well be here before KC sees another championship. But it's fun to dream.

I would love to see the Chiefs win the SB or even the Rams . I just have a feeling the NFL wants to see the Steelers win another SB . Win it for Ryan Shazier

Maybe it could happen, but, it won't happen.
+1

Even if I'm a fan it looks like another one and done year for the Chiefs.....

... This year the Steelers are going to the SB.I would rather see JAX but this is the NFL .

Yes, you are correct, the Steelers and JAX both play in the NFL.

note: highlights courtesy of redduck

I hope the Pats go all the way, but I wouldn’t bet on it this season...

They are still Vegas' favorite to win the SB but I'm with you. If Brady and Gronk stay healthy the offense will score points but it's the defense that scares me.

They are still Vegas' favorite to win the SB but I'm with you. If Brady and Gronk stay healthy the offense will score points but it's the defense that scares me.
Agreed, other than a more reliable few in the secondary, the Pats D seems more inconsistent than usual this year.

OK, let's go Rams!

Even if they don't make it to the Super Bowl, what an exciting season it's been. For a change.

One fantasy went down in flames today, but hey, I got 2 powerball tickets. That doubles my chances of winning right?

Wow, KC fans must be crushed. They let the Titans come back and win in their house...

Is now a good time to mention that in my two ESPN Pigskin Pickem' entries I finished in the 99th percentile and in the 98th percentile (with the 100th percentile being the best).

I'm glad NFC got that in house comeback loss out of their way. Pave way for the Vikings vs Atlanta! SKOL! NFC North Champs whoop!

It was an ongoing question as to which Chiefs team would show up yesterday. It turned out to be both of them.

Too bad for the Rams. They were exciting, but obviously pretty young and feeling the pressure. Goff's passes were behind his receivers a lot. And I've got to give credit to the Atlanta defensive scheme. They took Todd Gurley's receiving game out completely. Oh well, as the Dodgers always say, "Wait 'til next year!"

The weather in Philly was cold and windy.
Not an easy game to analyze.
Underdog Philly won, and the players get to watch Vikings vs. Saints today.

Back
Top Bottom