Poll

Regarding the fence post photo...

• A debate about it will ensue on the forum.

Votes: 39 69.6%
  • No one here would argue with a fence post.

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I don't get it.

Votes: 15 26.8%

• Total voters
Au contraire: obvious cross-tie for a pole, being used as a post - and could be electric fence with plastic insulators that allow snapping the wire in past a gate.

To the point though: I like turtles.

To the point though: I like turtles.
PostTurtle.jpg

Since I'm also from Texas I feel I have the latitude to tell you your poll is absolutely shocking....

Yawn...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Doesn't look electric to me--no ceramic insulators.

I don't think you've been out on the ranch/farm lately Martha! Ceramic insulators (actually they were porcelain, not ceramic) were expensive and gave way to polyethelene and similar materials in the 1960's.

Here's a good link, very relative to ER, which will help you. Note the picture on he top-right. Looks just about like REWahoo's [-]pole[/-] post.

Electric fence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Edit - thinking about it, the Wiki link and associated info does make it pretty clear that a 100% bond portfolio is NOT for the faint of heart since it's survivability over typical periods of inflation is low as pointed out by ERD50. It's probably better to grab an electric fence while standing in a cow pie than go 100% bonds.

Attachments

• Photo-119-2-in%2007-42%20tp%20wd-ins-zareba-.jpg
    Photo-119-2-in%2007-42%20tp%20wd-ins-zareba-.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 102
Electric fence? Shame on you! What about wind powered fences? Or maybe hooking up those post-dancers to produce energy as they spin? You people are just wasting energy right and left. You probably even use incandescent bulbs and drive SUVs. Be that as it may, obviously you are members of the OTHER political party, not my party (The Republicrats, or was it the Democans?). But don't blame me, I voted the other way. Don't you have any environmental awareness at all? :eek:

:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Electric fence? Shame on you! What about wind powered fences? Or maybe hooking up those post-dancers to produce energy as they spin? You people are just wasting energy right and left. You probably even use incandescent bulbs and drive SUVs. Be that as it may, obviously you are members of the OTHER political party, not my party (The Republicrats, or was it the Democans?). But don't blame me, I voted the other way. Don't you have any environmental awareness at all? :eek:

:ROFLMAO:

Good point.

Attachments

• solar fence charger.jpg
    solar fence charger.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1
I don't think you've been out on the ranch/farm lately Martha! Ceramic insulators (actually they were porcelain, not ceramic) were expensive and gave way to polyethelene and similar materials in the 1960's.

Here's a good link, very relative to ER, which will help you. Note the picture on he top-right. Looks just about like REWahoo's [-]pole[/-] post.

Electric fence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My bad. I was trolling with no knowledge whatsoever. :flowers:

I am kind of shocked that you are running a poll about a pole . I grew up in a town that was half Irish & half Polish and they were very nice . Granted their food smelled strange but they seemed to be fun people .:)

So the thread is diverting from a poll about a pole to a poll about Poles? Or is it Polish pols?

Now I'm confused.

People on this forum will argue about empty space. They will argue about whether or not they are arguing.

But I'm sure some will disagree...

Please ... I think the point of the pole/post/poll was to bring us together. Maybe the OP could clarify. Obviously we needed a fourth choice in this poll. More obviously, everything clever on this topic has already been said. :)

Looks like a normal old electric fence post to me. Of course I'm really only familiar with the "Florida Electric Fence Post" variety .........are there other varieties:confused::confused:

People on this forum will argue about empty space. They will argue about whether or not they are arguing.

No, you are wrong - and I think we can all agree on that fact.

Please ... I think the point of the pole/post/poll was to bring us together. Maybe the OP could clarify. Obviously we needed a fourth choice in this poll. More obviously, everything clever on this topic has already been said. :)

Not that that ever stopped some of us before :ROFLMAO:, but wait! I don't think I saw any mention of these pols:

Back
Top Bottom