Is Casey Anthony Guilty?

• Reasonable Doubt

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Guilty

Votes: 79 82.3%

• Total voters
Is anyone else sick of seeing the coverage of this trial on TV.
Not really, but only because I rarely watch the 24/7 news media and on the few times I've seen the coverage, I change the channel, either for some other show or some other news that really matters.

Can you bring up one reason you think she's not guilty? It was either George or Casey so do you think George did it? Was George out at the clubs after the death? Do you think it's normal that a Mother wouldn't report her daughter missing after a month? If she wasn't guilty she would have taken the stand and testified.

Sheeeesh! What more do you need. Now show us some evidence that points to not guilty.

Not trying to get under you skin or anything..... but I would hate to have you on a jury...... you are not supposed to even consider if she testified or not in your decision...

If I were her lawyer, I would not put her on the stand..... even if she did not do it... there are to many lies from her and the prosecution will make her look like even more of a liar.... nothing to gain by putting her on the stand.

I was just making a general statement. I haven't followed this case closely enough to say there is or isn't doubt. It seems as though everything is circumstantial. No solid, undeniable proof.

A lot of cases like these are circumstantial.... I did not follow the trial so I do not know... did they say how she died:confused: I do not think they have that info...

Also, you do not need 'undeniable proof' to convict or there would not be a lot of convictions...

Also, you do not need 'undeniable proof' to convict or there would not be a lot of convictions...
Agreed, though I would add that the burden of proof is much greater than "(i)f she wasn't guilty she would have taken the stand and testified."

Unless one believes that exercising your Constitutional right to not self-incriminate *is* proof beyond a reasonable doubt, anyway...

I think she is guilty...

Not sure what constitutes first degree in Florida, but I would put it there from what I know from Texas law....

I would not give the death penalty, again based on Texas law.... I do not see her as a "continuing threat to society" in the future... I also think that there are mitigating circumstances to not give the death penalty... so she would get life in Texas...

Now, Texas does have parole for life sentenance... no life without the possibility of parole...

Here are the two questions that have to be determined by the jury...

"Once each side has pleaded its case, the jury must answer two questions (three, if the person was convicted as a party) to determine whether a person will or will not be sentenced to death:
  • The first question is whether there exists a probability the defendant would commit criminal acts of violence that would constitute a "continuing threat to society". "Society" in this instance includes both inside and outside of prison; thus, a defendant who would constitute a threat to people inside of prison, such as correctional officers or other inmates, is eligible for the death penalty.
  • The second question is whether, taking into consideration the circumstances of the offense, the defendant's character and background, and the personal moral culpability of the defendant, there exists sufficient mitigating circumstances to warrant a sentence of life imprisonment rather than a death sentence. "

Not trying to get under you skin or anything..... but I would hate to have you on a jury...... you are not supposed to even consider if she testified or not in your decision...

If I were her lawyer, I would not put her on the stand..... even if she did not do it... there are to many lies from her and the prosecution will make her look like even more of a liar.... nothing to gain by putting her on the stand.

My decision of guilty had nothing to do with her testifying. The only way at this point to change my mind would be Casey taking the stand. With all the evidence against her she would need to disprove her guilt.

Is anyone else sick of seeing the coverage of this trial on TV. I can't turn the channel fast enough when they start talking about it.

Ok.. I really wasn't following this case..but with the chatter in the forum, now I am :LOL:

Verdict coming in about 45 minutes.......

Verdict coming in about 45 minutes.......

With the verdict coming this fast, I'd give it a 99.9999% chance of being a guilty verdict. Otherwise, I'd think they would be wrestling with differing opinions and doubts for a longer time.

Last edited:
You missed a category.

4) WTF is Casey Anthony and what is he accued of?

You mean to tell me you can't hear Nancy Grace's mouth north of Montana:LOL:

With the verdict coming this fast, I'd give it a 99.9999% chance of being a guilty verdict. Otherwise, I'd think they would be wrestling with differing opinions and doubts for a longer time.

Wow, I was sure wrong about that (or, it fell within the 0.0001% portion) with respect to the murder charge.

I think they were absolutely correct to say she was guilty of lying. I am stunned by the verdict on murder, though. I sure hope she didn't get away with murder.

Wow, I was sure wrong about that (or, it fell within the 0.0001% portion) with respect to the murder charge.

I think they were absolutely correct to say she was guilty of lying. I am stunned by the verdict on murder, though. I sure hope she didn't get away with murder.

At last count, 87% of the ones who put down an opinion think she did get away with murder...

This will be up there with the OJ verdict with people thinking someone got away with it...

I do not know all the charges, but I think one was something like harming a child.... can not see how that was innocent...

I am stunned. I bet she gets time served and walks out the door Thursday morning. I wonder if her parents are going to let her back in their house.

I live in Orlando about 30 minutes from the courthouse where this case has been held. I haven't been following the case although a couple of friends have. They say that they don't believe there is enough evidence to convict her of killing her daughter, but there may be a conviction of a lesser charge.

This little girls' disappearance was big news around Orlando before her remains were located, and the entire family was perceived to be suspect. But one thing we know for sure.......we'll never really know what happened.

Well....looks like the local wisdom was fairly spot-on.

Amazing, I still believe that what goes around comes around. Look where OJ is.

I think she's guilty. I also agree with the jury. Being guilty and being PROVEN guilty are two very different things. Same with the OJ trial. Everyone was sure he was guilty but it wasn't proven. The verdit was appropriate IMO.

I agree with EastTexas, she will walk with time served. It is a real miscarriage of justice. If she didn't kill Calee, who did? However, case closed.

If she didn't kill Calee, who did?
But that's not what the jury is supposed to consider. They are only supposed to consider whether there is reasonable doubt based on the evidence given to them. The lack of concrete leads on any other potential suspects does not preclude reasonable doubt.

I could be 90% sure someone did it, but in a murder trial, especially when the death penalty is in play, I'm probably not going to convict if the other 10% is based on rational, reasonable doubt. Having said that, I have no opinion since I honestly didn't follow it.

I am stunned. I bet she gets time served and walks out the door Thursday morning. I wonder if her parents are going to let her back in their house.

No way! I'll bet they will have nothing more to do with her, ever. That family is torn to bits. George and Cindy could even divorce after all those accusations.

With time served, she can call a cab and leave the courthouse Thursday morning.

Very surprised.

When the verdict was decided so soon the first thought, a quick guilty verdict.

Back
Top Bottom