Is Casey Anthony Guilty?

• Reasonable Doubt

Votes: 13 13.5%
  • Not Guilty

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Guilty

Votes: 79 82.3%

• Total voters
I hate to keep bringing up the media, but if they had not been permitted in the court room (TV that is) we wouldn't be having this problem. Everything gets magnified 10X and the "talking heads" throw all kinds of thoughts into the picture. And, as you know, the jury doesn't get to hear everything we hear. Now today I hear on the news there have been threats on the judges life and a big push to publish the jurors names. Why do you think that is? People are nuts.

I hate to keep bringing up the media, but if they had not been permitted in the court room (TV that is) we wouldn't be having this problem. Everything gets magnified 10X and the "talking heads" throw all kinds of thoughts into the picture. And, as you know, the jury doesn't get to hear everything we hear. Now today I hear on the news there have been threats on the judges life and a big push to publish the jurors names. Why do you think that is? People are nuts.

Threats on the jury and judge are not acceptable. Very scary stuff.

I still don't know the details of this case. I understand, from what a friend is telling me, that if you put aside the sensationalist way the media have covered the trial, then it is an interesting study in how our legal system can produce a not guilty verdict in a case like this. However, I am very turned off when I see these kinds of cases being covered in the media and usually go out of my way to not read about them.

There was a host of lower charges but the jury seemed to think the only thing she was guilty of was lying.

The thing I don't understand is if the death penalty was the hang up as one juror implied, why wasn't manslaughter given consideration?

The thing I don't understand is if the death penalty was the hang up as one juror implied, why wasn't manslaughter given consideration?

I have no idea what the jury was thinking but there were other charges presented that they could and should have considered. They even said "not guilty" to the child abuse.

You can always turn off the tv set or change the channel. Is it the media or the audience?

Back
Top Bottom