• Patriots by over 14 pts

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • other

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’ll feel more comfortable when the Eagles are 35 points ahead with 30 seconds to play and the Eagles have the ball.

Exciting game all the way.

I should have trusted my gut in picking who would win.

Well, I was one of the 5 who picked Philly with 8 to 14!!!

Congrats! Great game and the best team won.:cool:
We’re a Pats household, but I’d have to agree. The Pats didn’t put much pressure on Foley, and he played brilliantly (the whole post season). You can’t give any NFL QB that much time! Brady was under more pressure and had too many throws way off target, he looked too subdued on the sidelines. Jeffries and Agholor outplayed the Pats receivers. Elliot outplayed Gostkowski. The pass to Foles was gutsy, the pass to Brady was pitiful. And the Pats had the ball with 2+ minutes, plenty of time to score and win, but Graham forced a fumble when it really counted and Barnett sealed the deal.

Congrats Eagles fans, your team earned the win. I never like to see any team lose because of an injury (Wentz), so I’m happy for the Eagles win in that sense.

Last edited:
Congrats to the Eagles for winning their first SB.

The Pats' lack of talent on defense, survived in their two playoff games due to the mediocre offenses of the Titans and Jags, was exposed by the aggressive play calling and great execution by Foles and the Eagles' offense.

Even Brady's brilliant play could not overcome the porous defense. He broke his own record for most passing yards in a SB with 505. Despite the loss he cemented his legacy as the best ever.

But for goodness sake can the NFL tell us what constitute a "catch" ? The announcers, fans and even the refs seem confused.

Cris Collinsworth was embarrassing himself with that catch "analysis". He wanted SO BAD for it not to be, when it was so black-and-white. Sad.

Congratulations to the Eagles. Foles was spectacular. An amazing game. While I'm a huge Pats fan, I remember their first Super Bowl win. Enjoy it Eagles fans!

Well, I was one of the 5 who picked Philly with 8 to 14!!!
It was obvious to me when I pulled the poll lever, too.

There were intangibles, and many out-of-the-normal occurrences for the Eagles throughout the season. Backups are not supposed to win, they screw up too easily, it is said. Well, backups had their day!

Foles did not seem to want to step up on the platform when beckoned by Ertz. Real humility. I was wondering how the Wentz-Foles dynamic would work post-game, and both have the right attitude about the world. Foles daughter looked real cute in pink silencers with an Eagles green ribbon. Lucky Dad!

Cris Collinsworth was embarrassing himself with that catch "analysis". He wanted SO BAD for it not to be, when it was so black-and-white. Sad.
It is so obvious that many in media have a Pats-bias, as this is what sells the news. CC is an embarrassment. I tried to turn off the sound, but was out-voted in the living room.
:D

Ugly riots in philly. At least it looks like no one has been killled yet. I never understood the mentality of tearing down goalposts, let alone rioting and looting your own town in victory. Disgraceful.

This SB will go down as a classic. Not only because of the subplots bit of the pace. Didn't expect a shootout and track race.

Hate to talk refs, but they hosed the Pats on that on Philly TD that looked like the receiver obviously had his toe on the end zone backline.

Hate to talk refs, but they hosed the Pats on that on Philly TD that looked like the receiver obviously had his toe on the end zone backline.

We don't complain about questionable calls because we were also on the favorable side of some in other games this season.

The Pats' defense couldn't stop the Eagles when they had numerous opportunities to do so.

This SB will go down as a classic. Not only because of the subplots bit of the pace. Didn't expect a shootout and track race.

Not a good day for both defenses. Philly's defense was touted as stout and they gave up 631 yards....They just made the one stop that the Pats' defense could not make.

Last edited:

I don't think they hosed the Pats. Several calls could have gone either way. It happens.

But I don't think anyone can understand or interpret the reception rules these days. Hopefully, the NFL clarifies that this offseason.

We don't complain about questionable calls because we were also on the favorable side of some in other games this season.

The Pats' defense couldn't stop the Eagles when they had numerous opportunities to do so.

I believe that over the course of a year, calls even out. For that reason, wouldn't mind getting rid of the instant replay rules in sports (especially in a sport like baseball where there are so many games).

But in that play in question, the mistake was obvious. On the other TD where the receive dove in end zone, I believe the refs got right.

Back
Top Bottom