• Patriots by over 14 pts

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I just watch the commercials or halftime event

Votes: 15 14.9%
  • other

Votes: 9 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That proves it. The game was obviously fixed. There's simply no other explanation.

Somehow the refs knew that it would be so close that they could simply blow the whistle on one play late in the game to ensure the Patriots would win. They knew they could let the Jags go up by 11 early just to keep it interesting.

Clearly the Super Bowl will also be fixed. We just don't know yet if the refs will have to intervene early in the fourth quarter or late. Last year the refs almost made a mistake and let the Patriots lose. Fortunately they came to their senses later on. They probably also had a two-headed coin for the overtime toss.

It's nice for the Patriots to have the refs in their pocket this way... :facepalm:

And a welcome change of heart it is by the NFL from the year before when they suspended Brady with the deliberate intent they'd not make the SB.

And I'm pretty sure that the refs tipped off the Pats defense that the Seahawks would do a pass play with 40 seconds left in SB 2015.

And I'm pretty sure that the refs tipped off the Pats defense that the Seahawks would do a pass play with 40 seconds left in SB 2015.

I’m sure even the refs thought that play was stupid...

FB_IMG_1516855519188.jpg

I’m glad to see the Patriots are favored. Eagles love to be the underdog!

Any given Sunday. Vikes blew what looked to be a cake walk of a game. Experience will prevail and the GOAT will win again. With or without gloves. It seemed like his O-line got an injection after the first half.

On a side note its a shame that philly comes to Minneapolis to destroy our city after destroying our team and being quite the unruly fans two weeks prior, but hey that's just good old fashioned football.

On a side note its a shame that philly comes to Minneapolis to destroy our city after destroying our team and being quite the unruly fans two weeks prior, but hey that's just good old fashioned football.

I find it inexcusable for fans to be unruly, behave badly and destroy their cities or a host city regardless of who's team they follow.

Unfortunately hooliganism exists everywhere.

What makes you think the Eagles fans will destroy Minneapolis? And what “unruly “ acts are you referencing?

There were jubilant gatherings at various parts of the city after the Eagles win last Sunday, but I didn’t see any reports of hooliganism on the local news.

Philadelphia fans have a reputation of being obnoxious but as far as I’ve heard we were well-behaved during and after such a big win.

What makes you think the Eagles fans will destroy Minneapolis? And what “unruly “ acts are you referencing?

There were jubilant gatherings at various parts of the city after the Eagles win last Sunday, but I didn’t see any reports of hooliganism on the local news.

Philadelphia fans have a reputation of being obnoxious but as far as I’ve heard we were well-behaved during and after such a big win.

I doubt they report the bad behavior that much in Philly. Or maybe the drunks throwing (full) beer cans at Minn. fans is just business as usual. That's just the one I saw, but undoubtedly there were others. In my experience Philly fans deserve their reputation, at least the ones that go to the game.

However, I doubt Minn. is going to be flooded with Eagle fans. I don't think that many people that go to Super Bowls are fans of either team. More "see and be seen" types. Most real fans can't afford the tickets and the travel.

And despite the fact that I'm not a fan of Philadelphia, I'm rooting for the Eagles. Hopefully by 10 or more. But don't ask me to put real money on it.

....There were jubilant gatherings at various parts of the city after the Eagles win last Sunday, but I didn’t see any reports of hooliganism on the news.....

Then you must have missed the fan on an atv riding up the steps to the Rocky statue.

Or the fans trying to climb light poles - that city workers greased earlier in anticipation of hooliganism

Then you must have missed the fan on an atv riding up the steps to the Rocky statue.

Or the fans trying to climb light poles - that city workers greased earlier in anticipation of hooliganism

I saw that. But there was no violence or damage done so I don’t consider it hooliganism.

And a welcome change of heart it is by the NFL from the year before when they suspended Brady with the deliberate intent they'd not make the SB.

I’m sure even the refs thought that play was stupid...

Pete Carroll, former head coach of the Seattle Seahawks, is reported to be very near to signing on as a special consultant to The Pope in Vatican City. The Pope looks to recruit Carroll to be a spokesman for the Catholic Church because he is the first man in history that made 100 million people jump up and yell "Jesus Christ" at the same time. :>)

I find it inexcusable for fans to be unruly, behave badly and destroy their cities or a host city regardless of who's team they follow.

Unfortunately hooliganism exists everywhere.

+1 That video of Eagle fans throwing beer at Viking fans was awful and particularly stupid.

News flash Eagles fans... you won! Second, in two weeks you'll be on their turf... payback time! Though it won't be because Minnesotians are too well mannered to do something like that.

Watching the Philly fans reminded me of when the Red Sox beat the Yankees before going to the 2004 World Series. Funny how I did not see or hear of any public celebration around here when the Patriots won. Guess it can get routine after a while.

After growing up with the "Patsies", the last 20 years have pretty much been a great time to be a Boston Sports Fan, 10 Championships with at least one in each of the four major sports (can any other city come close to that?).... I will be sorry when I see the times change.

Watching the Philly fans reminded me of when the Red Sox beat the Yankees before going to the 2004 World Series. Funny how I did not see or hear of any public celebration around here when the Patriots won. Guess it can get routine after a while.

I think the reason for that is because it's still warm-ish in NE at the end of baseball season. It's too damn cold to go outside and celebrate after the Super Bowl.

I think the reason for that is because it's still warm-ish in NE at the end of baseball season. It's too damn cold to go outside and celebrate after the Super Bowl.

IIRC last year, the Pats SB parade had a [-]couple hundred thousand[/-] almost a million lining the streets of Boston.
And four times before that too.

As a Steeler fan, I despise the Bill, Tom, and The Pats.
As a western PA resident, I despise Philly Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies, and those in the " City of Love".
I'm rooting for a "wardrobe malfunction", or power outage.

As a Steeler fan, I despise the Bill, Tom, and The Pats.
As a western PA resident, I despise Philly Eagles, Flyers, and Phillies, and those in the " City of Love".
I'm rooting for a "wardrobe malfunction", or power outage.

I was sort of hoping Pittsburgh and Philadelphia would make the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl and the Championship of Pennsylvania at the same time

I'm going to go with Pats 27, Eagles 24.

My gut says Foles is the wild card and could get a really hot hand and the Eagles win by double digits. But awfully hard to pick against the Pats' track record.

But awfully hard to pick against the Pats' track record.

If the NFL ever wanted to level the playing field they might cut the last 9 minutes and make it a 51 minute game. Then someone else who'd been leading all that time might win.

With Belecheck two weeks to prepare and Gronk back . I see no way the Eagles can win . Although the way this will play out is a close game to the end to keep all fans watching . I don't feel Foles is a wildcard Belecheck will have him confused all day . The Pats win in a close one which is actually easy. Not watching , not interested,

Just a reminder that there is still have about 9 hrs remaining before voting on this Super Bowl poll closes. If you want to, vote now or forever hold your predication :cool:.

Being a life-long Patriot fan, I'm betting (not for real) that they'll win--but, I don't like to guess by how much--it kind of ruins the game for me. The Eagles are going with a back-up quarterback and back-ups eventually show why they are a back-up by throwing the ill-advised pass that can turn the game around.

Now I have a question: I have a St. Louis Rams Foles T-shirt that I bought two years ago (after the Rams left for Los Angeles) at Marshall's (it was on the clearance rack). Would it be acceptable for a life-long Patriot fan to wear it on Super-Bowl Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom