This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would trade everything I have for just ONE day where the temps hit 80. Heck, I'd settle for 70 at this point.

Vancouver's weather is cold, wet, damp, grey, and miserable. I was at a hot springs on the weekend and it was so cold out, we didn't even want to sit in the hot tub.

It looks like this will be the year of the never-ending winter.

Please send sun!

I would trade everything I have for just ONE day where the temps hit 80. Heck, I'd settle for 70 at this point.

Vancouver's weather is cold, wet, damp, grey, and miserable. I was at a hot springs on the weekend and it was so cold out, we didn't even want to sit in the hot tub.

Please send sun!
La Niña is a royal beeyotch wherever you live, it would seem.

Ziggy, good luck with your A/C repairs. I spent about $1000, give or take a few hundred, on getting cold air into my house this summer.

Before putting my house on the market last fall, I had my broken attic fan (that blows the hot air out of my attic) replaced by a better model of attic fan ($$). That involved a roofer. ($$$) And then there was the electrician ($$$), who extended new wiring from the circuit breaker box to it so that it would actually get some juice, which it wasn't getting. As you might imagine, all in all this wasn't a cheap thing to have done.

However, this summer my A/C is 1000% improved just as my HVAC man told me it would be.

We have had record heat all week. The worst that I had yesterday with it set at 75, was 77 during the hottest part of the day. :D I sure hope it holds up through August and September, usually our hottest months.

Still not raining.

Please send sun!

You had sun on the one day we were there before our cruise took off - June 3rd. Apparently, it had poured the day before, but we weren't there, thankfully!

Beautiful city, BTW, and extremely nice people! We took a train to the port and so many people were over the top helpful to us. :)

Attachments

• Alaska! 007.jpg
    Alaska! 007.jpg
    423.6 KB · Views: 3
Beautiful city, BTW, and extremely nice people! We took a train to the port and so many people were over the top helpful to us. :)

It's survival mode....it's so freakin' cold out that we're nice to people on the off chance that they'll volunteer to share their body heat in case of hypothermia.

Glad you enjoyed the city! Hope the cruise was great!

It's survival mode....it's so freakin' cold out that we're nice to people on the off chance that they'll volunteer to share their body heat in case of hypothermia.

Glad you enjoyed the city! Hope the cruise was great!

:2funny::2funny::2funny:

Cruise was fantastic! Alaska was amazing.

Cruise was fantastic! Alaska was amazing.
And speaking of this, the last time we cruised Alaska, the day we saw the most sun was in, of all places, Ketchikan -- the rainiest, most overcast spot on the face of the earth, pretty much, or so it feels like. In fact, we saw the sun a few times in Ketchikan whereas most of the rest of the stops saw nothing but clouds and drizzle.

And speaking of this, the last time we cruised Alaska, the day we saw the most sun was in, of all places, Ketchikan -- the rainiest, most overcast spot on the face of the earth, pretty much, or so it feels like. In fact, we saw the sun a few times in Ketchikan whereas most of the rest of the stops saw nothing but clouds and drizzle.

We had overcast skies and slight intermittent rain in Ketchikan, but super weather for all the other ports. Had 70's in Juneau and Icy Strait Point with sunny weather. We were really lucky!

It's raining! :dance: Woo-hoo!! I awakened to the sound of a torrential rain, that sounded like a huge waterfall. It has been raining or drizzling most of the day. My grass will live to see another day, and the rain should cool things off as well.

I'll do my best to send it over to Texas when we're done with it. :D

You had sun on the one day we were there before our cruise took off - June 3rd. Apparently, it had poured the day before, but we weren't there, thankfully!

We also had sun and warm weather in early May in Vancouver . Beautiful city & very nice people . We lucked out that except for a brief shower in Juneau we had sunshine our whole trip .

So far we're still waiting for summer, we've only had about 10 days above 70 degrees so far this year and it doesn't look like we'll get there today since it's only 65 at 2:00 pm. Lots of cloudy, rainy, and cool days.

Getting our first real sunny day in weeks. Highs in the low 70's! To bad I have to w0rk...

DD

It was a perfect first morning of summer here in the Okanagan Valley. :cool:

Last edited:
Had someone over today to service the A/C I thought was broken yesterday -- he said everything in the unit was in good working order as far as he could tell, and just added some refrigerant and lubed some moving parts for a whopping $65.

As for what happened yesterday, he suspects the thermostat as they've seen similar problems with that thermostat model. He suggested I call back if it happens again so he can catch it in the act and try swapping out the thermostat. Much better than a dying compressor, obviously!

So glad you got it fixed, and for only $65!

I took the attached photo not two minutes ago (so it's pretty dark since it's so late). Thought you might want to see what RAIN looks like. :D It was coming down in bucketfuls but all you can see is the sheets coming off the roof on the edge of my patio.

Attachments

• rain.jpg
    rain.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 6
Just got home from a class where we had to go hide in the restrooms because of tornado warnings in the Chicago area. Could hardly make it back to our house with all the huge branches down blocking the streets. Amazingly we are one of the few blocks with electricity--yay!

Here's luck and/or irony-just five days ago we had tree trimmers come and take down a huge elm tree :)() and heavily prune back two other hardwood trees. Nature decided to do a little more pruning. We may need to replace a few fence panels, too, but no major damage.

Heat advisories are posted everywhere around here for tomorrow. It'll get up to low to mid 90's with a heat index in the low 100's. I don't know how i'll survive:rolleyes:

Yet they post nothing in the winter until it gets down to below -20 windchill. Even 10 degrees is far worse than 100.:confused:

Only 97 here in east Texas today...which is much cooler than the 100+ it's been recently. I may have to wear a jacket this evening...

Only 97 here in east Texas today...which is much cooler than the 100+ it's been recently. I may have to wear a jacket this evening...
Our town just started digging some wells near the river in town in case it stops flowing completely and we run out of water from the usual source. This is something that even old-timer life long residents here don't remember getting this bad, pretty much ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom