Join Early Retirement Today
View Poll Results: How often do you play golf?
Golf? What's golf? 10 22.73%
One or twice in my whole life. 9 20.45%
Once or twice a year. 6 13.64%
Once a month. 4 9.09%
Once a week. 7 15.91%
Twice or more a week. 8 18.18%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2007, 01:21 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTien View Post
still I refuse to play when it's under 30. The balls get to cold and cuts down on distance.
When it gets below freezing here they cover our greens. Just as well, I'm not playing in those temps anyway. The good thing about it here, you may get a couple of real cold days but usually not many back to back.

Just back from the course myself. No chip-ins though.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2007, 03:42 PM   #22
Full time employment: Posting here.

I've played exactly twice in my entire life and both times it was as part of a company "function" so they made everyone feel like they HAD to play.

I hate it, stink at it and would rather be in the dentist's chair I think. This year, they're making everyone pay $50 to play in the company's annual tournament. Now, that's funny! Why would I PAY to do something that I LOATHE!

Have I made it clear that I don't like golf?

Old 07-04-2007, 06:16 PM   #23

I play 5 times a week weather permitting. I belong to a club and it is expensive , but I really enjoy it.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #24
Give me a forum ...

I enjoy playing golf when on vacation. When I'm RE I plan to play it at least 2/week in season. That's why my expenses will probably not go down in RE.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #25
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Just back from the course. The plan was to play 9, and then another 9, but after the first 9 a friend showed up with a tee time for 18. So 27 today, walking. I am worn out!

The first 9 started out par-birdie-birdie. The first time in my life I've been 2 under par. And I normally manage a couple of birdies a YEAR. So heck of a start! Followed with a double, of course :-) First time in my life I'd been at par after 4.

Then there was the 9th hole. A par 4 -- for me, a layup before the lake and hope to get out with a bogie. Decent layup. Second shot into the lake. Shrug it off, drop, fourth into the lake. Scream a little, drop, sixth into the lake. Call it done.

We get to the same hole at the end of the 18. Decent layup. Second shot into the lake. First time in my life I've hit four balls into the same lake in a day. Right in the middle, too -- not even close to over.

An interesting day for personal golf records.

Coach
Old 07-07-2007, 07:18 PM   #26
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post

We get to the same hole at the end of the 18. Decent layup. Second shot into the lake. First time in my life I've hit four balls into the same lake in a day. Right in the middle, too -- not even close to over.

Coach
Next time, take more club. Wish I could have played today. Another rained out day.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:49 PM   #27

I hit once a week, but I'm not holding up my end this year. Son is taking golf lessons and that has cut in to our routine. He is about done and we get out on my day off each week.

I do expect golf to be a good size part of ER. Right now it's work and the kid's
Old 07-08-2007, 09:38 AM   #28

I haven't played in 25 years or so....but listening to you guys makes me really want to get out there and hit a few!

It's actually on my "to do" list now that I can make time....so we'll see when I get that chance...uhhh....MAKE the chance .....

thanks for the memories of just how great it was when I was a kid......