Your brilliant idea here ...

Lsbcal

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Every once in awhile I have a brainstorm. I imagine you have them too. So why not share it here?

Go ahead, there is no obligation.

P.S. my idea is below

Last edited:
Inflatable roads, concrete tires.

Back in the late 1970's, a friend of mine and I rented a building in Wolcott, CT to house our refurbished ARL emission spectrometer. We sold metals testing as a side gig. On the property was an artesian well and we used the water and collected it in plastic gallon jugs. We remembered the floods in the area and how people would buy artesian water since the city supply was not safe.

We thought about bottling the water from the well and selling it at grocery stores. But after some more thought, we decided not to, as we didn't think anyone would buy bottled water in plastic containers unless forced into it.

Good idea gone south! :facepalm:

(remember, this was before the bottled water craze, which still exists today)

The autoFuneral:

You go to Amazon and order the autoFuneral. In it's simplest form it is a nice (low cost) casket shipped to you when you request it.

If you feel really really sick you have it shipped with next day delivery. It's very comfortable so you can just get in it. When you expire your spouse or SO or relative just closes the lid. Then it is returned to the plot you selected and auto-buried. The return is taken care of by the pick up service which is contacted by the cell phone shipped with the casket -- or if you are remote there is a landline number to call.

All the people on your designated list are sent a link to the auto-burial with music of your choosing. No need to travel and they can even select from a set of auto-condolence cards that goes to your other condolence list.

Note: I have not patented this idea and you are free to use it. But my designated relative wants a cut of the action.

Last edited:
Skin in the game

New law - Congress can fund all the wars that suit their fancy. However, for each event, 10% of congress (selected randomly) will accompany the troops into battle.

Just a guess, but I suspect a lot fewer wars would get funded. And, a lot of potential conflicts would be worked out.

the only two great ideas I ever had were stolen from me by Cosmo Kramer...

The Manzeer, and The Coffee Table Book About Coffee Tables.

Automobile turn indicators...

Or, as Gallagher might have said, “They need to put an intelligence knob on televisions. They have a brightness control, but it doesn’t work...

Our country is divided like never before. So let's make love, not war.

Tattoo parlor trucks. Like food trucks. Park at football games, music festivals, spring break beaches etc

1 year term limits so we can have year round political commercials

brake lights on the front and back of cars with a strength indicator (graduated light bar showing how hard someone is stepping on the brakes).

I'd like to see a blinker indicating an intended U-turn. It could go unused like the rest of the turn signals.

Every cell phone should have an electric shock mechanism. If the idiot is driving while texting or walking while texting, you should get a few volts straight to the brain!!

2 things, one great one awful.

1. A remote control that allows you to undress anyone on TV. It would be pay per use. I will be rich.

2. Domesticate human beings. Studies have shown we could breed out all aggression in just 4 generations. My back of the napkin math show that approximately 4-5 billion people will have to be eliminated as too aggressive. Or shipped off to Venus. I wouldn't make the first cut.

2 things, one great one awful.

1. A remote control that allows you to undress anyone on TV. It would be pay per use. I will be rich.

2. Domesticate human beings. Studies have shown we could breed out all aggression in just 4 generations. My back of the napkin math show that approximately 4-5 billion people will have to be eliminated as too aggressive. Or shipped off to Venus. I wouldn't make the first cut.

I like the way you think.

Inflatable roads, concrete tires.

When I was Kindergarten age I actually asked by Civil Engineer Father that very question. His answer was 'that the roads would wear out too fast.' It actually is one on my earliest memories.

Last edited:
In the early 1980's I had an idea that band-aids should be made in a variety of shades for the variety of people. Back then they were all Caucasian color. In the late 1990's the appropriate band-aids finally showed up, but they must not be a big seller.

The autoFuneral:

You go to Amazon and order the autoFuneral. In it's simplest form it is a nice (low cost) casket shipped to you when you request it.

If you feel really really sick you have it shipped with next day delivery. It's very comfortable so you can just get in it. When you expire your spouse or SO or relative just closes the lid. Then it is returned to the plot you selected and auto-buried. The return is taken care of by the pick up service which is contacted by the cell phone shipped with the casket -- or if you are remote there is a landline number to call.

All the people on your designated list are sent a link to the auto-burial with music of your choosing. No need to travel and they can even select from a set of auto-condolence cards that goes to your other condolence list.

Note: I have not patented this idea and you are free to use it. But my designated relative wants a cut of the action.

How could we involve Drones into this idea?

Tattoo parlor trucks. Like food trucks. Park at football games, music festivals, spring break beaches etc

OK. I'm going with the tattoo removal truck. to park at bachelor parties, or just to get your client list and show up at their house.

Arkansas Lights

Intertwined strings of lights you can leave up forever. There will be an app so you can change the light strings/colors for different holidays: Christmas, Halloween, Valentine's Day, Fourth of July, St. Patrick's, Razorback games, etc.

This gives us a reason to never take the lights down.

If you are from Arkansas, this will make a great deal of sense to you.

Back
Top Bottom