Another test

80. My booboos were annuity related I guess that shows I'm a prime candidate for one - NOT!

Your results
Review quiz answers
You scored: 84
How you compare
The average score for MSN Money readers is58The average score for men is59The average score for women is56Average scores by age
15-244625-345435-545755-645965 and over59You have a solid understanding of the issues needed to plan your own retirement. You have a clear grasp of the concepts and understand many of the regulations concerning your nest egg. You can brush up further by reading MSN Money articles on planning for retirement, saving for retirement, living well in retirement and estate planning. Play with our retirement planner, too. Other calculators:

Guess I better bone up a bit and not get married or buy any annuities!

80. Some I just didn't know because they aren't applicable to my life (like the income limit for a non-working spouse IRA contribution and the length of time you must be married to collect spousal SS) and some I just disagree with the ostensibly "correct" answer. For example, the allegedly correct answer on "why should you not buy an annuity in a 401k, 403b, etc account" was "all of the above" -- i.e. it is already tax sheltered, the commissions are high and the surrender charges are high -- but in my opinion, the correct answer should be only "because it's already tax sheltered" since the other factors exist even in a non-tax sheltered account.
84 and I completely agree on that annuity/401K question, so I'm giving myself an 88.

I didn't know who can have a 403B because it doesn't apply, and I missed a couple of the SS questions.

This board is sort of like the Lake Wobegon children; we're all above average!

:cool:

t.r.

80 ... I'll take it considering half of the material does not apply to me.

I scored 84. I agree that the quiz seem limited. I understand why the younger participants didn't average high scores (SS and tax laws will probably change), but the 45+ plus crowd average scores surprised me. I've learned a lot from participating on this forum and for reading lots of retirement articles.
Thanks for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom