Golf Talk Tuesdays 2015-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's so cold at night that I bring a hammer & screwdriver to punch a hole for the tee on some of the tee boxes. Hit a ball on a par three, about 130yds, hit the front left where it was rock solid, sounded like concrete, bounced high and over and down the hill on the other side. Followed that with a tee shot on the next hole, par 4 and because of the hard fairway it ended up further then any other drive I'd ever hit on that hole before. Take the good with the bad. Out again today before the rain and snow fall.

^ this may be the last golf we get for a while

you need to start carrying a cordless drill to put those tees in

Finally getting some rain down in the SF Bay Area, which has cleaned up the air; I’m sure it’s also helping the firefighters so, that’s good. But, it may be too much of a good thing, since 7 of the next 10 days call for rain. :(

Just ordered a Srixon u85 2 iron. No way to test it ahead of time....just hoping it's what I want. Wish I could order a younger body.....

The Match is live and free on bleacherreport.com

Phil up 1 through 15.

All square going to 18 after Tiger chips one in on 17. It looked like Phil was going to win it on 17, but no.

Phil missed the 5 foot putt on hole 21. Now heading to hole 22.

Tiger puts one tight. Phil puts one tighter.

DW and I enjoyed watching "The Match" with 5 other friends yesterday... I had recorded it and we were a little behind in time and paused it for dinner after Tiger made "the chip"... pretty clutch.

I was actually surprised. Given their relative performances over the last golf season, I thought Tiger would dominate.. but he didn't. While it was very entertaining, the golf was so-so... 9 birdies over 44 holes by my count.

I suspect that we will ultimately see "The Re-Match".

I came up with another interesting pay per view event pitting two athletes for a friend of mine who is a NY Giants fan... we'll pit Eli Manning and Tom Brady off in a 40-yard dash. People might be willing to pay 20 cents for that.

I came up with another interesting pay per view event pitting two athletes for a friend of mine who is a NY Giants fan... we'll pit Eli Manning and Tom Brady off in a 40-yard dash. People might be willing to pay 20 cents for that.

I’d pay 20 cents to watch Brady & Manning RUN FROM Von Miller & Aaron Donald. Heck, I’d record that just to be able to watch it over and over. :D

In the spirit of fairness (and pure entertainment value) we’d give the QBs a 5 yd head start. I estimate they’d get crushed @ ~35 yds. :bat::clap:

Finally getting some rain down in the SF Bay Area, which has cleaned up the air; I’m sure it’s also helping the firefighters so, that’s good. But, it may be too much of a good thing, since 7 of the next 10 days call for rain. :(

First we had smokey air for 2 weeks and now it's rainy, windy and cold. Haven't played in just over 2 weeks. I have a tee time this Friday at Paradise Valley.

First we had smokey air for 2 weeks and now it's rainy, windy and cold. Haven't played in just over 2 weeks. I have a tee time this Friday at Paradise Valley.

Supposed to be sunny; hope it’s dry enough for you. What’s the latest on PV? Is it still being closed?

I played Eagle Vines last Friday & it was glorious! Nice & sunny and not too soggy, except for some water filling the bottom of a few bunkers, which is fine with me because I can take the ball out. :D

Supposed to be sunny; hope it’s dry enough for you. What’s the latest on PV? Is it still being closed?

I played Eagle Vines last Friday & it was glorious! Nice & sunny and not too soggy, except for some water filling the bottom of a few bunkers, which is fine with me because I can take the ball out. :D

I never heard anything about PV closing. I hope not, I really like the course. I played Eagle Vines last May and enjoyed the course.

Able to get nine holes in today. At least one round every month this year. 47 today, very nice for Boise.

Headed to Palm Springs next month. Any suggestions on courses?

Also, any experience/thoughts on the TPC West Stadium course?

Headed to Palm Springs next month. Any suggestions on courses?

Also, any experience/thoughts on the TPC West Stadium course?

TPC Stadium is definitely worth playing but it's tough, lots of water and the fairways have a lot of mounds so many uneven lies, Pete Dye likes to torture golfers. I actually prefer the Nicklaus Tournament course that shares the same range and clubhouse and is right next to it. There are so many good golf courses in Palm Springs it's hard to go wrong, it's like being a kid in a candy store. A couple off the radar courses that I like are Shadow Hills South and Mountain Vista San Gorgonio, just as good and cheaper than some of the more popular courses.

Thx for the Stadium Course feedback. I’m playing Desert Willow-Firecliff with a buddy who lives there. I’m also considering the Classic Club; anybody played there?

Thx for the Stadium Course feedback. I’m playing Desert Willow-Firecliff with a buddy who lives there. I’m also considering the Classic Club; anybody played there?

Desert Willow is very nice, that's usually where I stay when visiting Palm Springs. I also like Marriott Shadow Ridge just down the road from Desert Willow. Haven't played Classic Club but it's Troon managed and they typically do a very good job.

It was about 38 degrees today but managed one last round for 2018. Actually only 14 holes at Quail Hollow in Boise again as the first five still have snow on them. Hit some horrendous shots, but did birdie one hole and saved a par from a crazy drive on a downhill par three that went over the green and down a hill almost to the road. There were a few other diehards out.

Just played my the last round of 2018 season. This is my 9th year of playing golf and I am proud to say that I am still improving. I shaved 2 strokes off of handicap this year. I now shaved 5 strokes off my handicap since I retired 3 years ago.

It was about 38 degrees today but managed one last round for 2018. Actually only 14 holes at Quail Hollow in Boise again as the first five still have snow on them. Hit some horrendous shots, but did birdie one hole and saved a par from a crazy drive on a downhill par three that went over the green and down a hill almost to the road. There were a few other diehards out.

Thirty eight degrees? Diehards for sure. But if I lived in that area of the country it may not seem so bad. This time of the year rain and wet conditions is more of a problem. When wet its warm. When dry its cold. But thats winter in Mississippi.

Just played my the last round of 2018 season. This is my 9th year of playing golf and I am proud to say that I am still improving. I shaved 2 strokes off of handicap this year. I now shaved 5 strokes off my handicap since I retired 3 years ago.

Congrats!

Nice of you to get up at/stay up till 2am to tell us about it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom