Well....That's All Folks!!!

Huge congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations. I'll be joining you soon.

Congratulations from a fellow pilot and early retiree (38). You will not regret your decision one bit. I'm a year and 4 months into my retirement and could never envision taking in the commute again!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Congratulations. By the title I thought Porky had opened the thread, but I kept seeing posts.

Seriously enjoy your freedom.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Much deserved congratulations. In 14 weeks, 3 days, 10 hours, 37 minutes, and 15 seconds I promise to take a parting pic of the building as I exit. Going to leave in the middle of the day, driving home as slow as possible...

Congratulations! To retire at 40 is a huge accomplishment. I hope you have many healthy and happy decades ahead of you.

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!
All of us "wannabees" and "OMY's" look forward to your posts about life after FIRE!

Thanks for all the well wishes...the last couple of days have been great! I've been busy preparing for our upcoming roadtrip, but it's been much more relaxed without having to fit w+rk in!

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

Very nice. Is there still a "Class of 2014" roster around here somewhere?

I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of things to do all day! When life settles down a little, I'd appreciate a few bullet points (or paragraphs!) of "lessons learned" about your transition. I could turn it into a guest post on the blog or add it to the next edition of the book.

BTW I still get annoyed when rush hour sneaks up on my afternoon plans...

Wonderful, wonderful! Congratulations!!!

Very nice. Is there still a "Class of 2014" roster around here somewhere?

I'm pretty sure you'll find plenty of things to do all day! When life settles down a little, I'd appreciate a few bullet points (or paragraphs!) of "lessons learned" about your transition. I could turn it into a guest post on the blog or add it to the next edition of the book.

BTW I still get annoyed when rush hour sneaks up on my afternoon plans...

Most certainly!

We made it back from our road trip to visit family and let me tell you...It's GREAT to know that I can sleep in late tomorrow and not worry about going to w#rk!!! I think I'm going to sleep very well tonight!

Sent from my mobile device so please excuse grammatical errors. :)

Well, I am getting ready to start my 3rd week of ER and let me tell you...it's been GREAT!!! As expected, Thanksgiving was a busy week but since then things have slowed down quite considerably. I am really surprised at how fast time goes by though...even faster than the weekends did when I was still w*rking...and that's odd to me. I certainly hope this doesn't continue but if it does, I am VERY glad I decided to do this so young!

This week should be pretty slow and that's the way I like it. I will head to the grocery store here shortly after they have fully restocked the shelves after the weekend. I fully expect to see about 4 people while I am there. Of course, I will be back home long before the schools start letting out!

Anyway, thought I'd drop a little update in here, which I think I will do time to time.

Back
Top Bottom