What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hiked the Nature Trail between Buckland Station and Fort Churchill State Park along the Carson River, NV. Saw geese, quail, a rabbit and two deer feeding across the river. A good day and I had a much better time than I would have if I had stayed for DD’s baby shower, although DW said she had fun doing that, too.

We packed a picnic lunch and went to a roving, performance art event on the beach at Crab Cove Park on Alameda Island. A local non-profit arts group recreates the history of the area with a cast of 40 or so musicians, dancer, actors and storytellers. It was a fun day with great weather and pretty views of the SF Bay.

Last edited:
DW and I went to the DMV this morning to renew our licenses. To comply with the new ID requirements we had to bring along all kinds of documentation. The office we visited was quite a drive but the only one with available appointments. Becasue it’s remote, thought, we were in and out quickly, and the people there were professional. I left with my new license, but DW failed the vision test and now has to see an optometrist and then return.

Using some vacation days this week as a "trial run" for ER. This morning rode my motorcycle to the shop to get it serviced for (hopefully) some epic riding this Summer!
The DW and I met our contractor at a property we're flipping to get a remodel quote.
Drove home tired and sweaty, and I told DW, "this has been a rough day, but it's still better than working!" Haha

I executed a most responsible day. Visited gym in first time in over a month, made appointment to visit gynecologist (it's been almost three years, but not quite, I was told)....and appointment with dentist for a new crown.

Even made a Skinnytaste recipe with quinoa for dinner.

Hopefully, I am turning the corner toward better choices....

6 days of hiking out west. Today hiked The Narrows in Zion NP

We waded through the same water some years ago. It was in September, and the water was on the cool side, actually a bit chilly.

I just passed my flight review, and can fly for another 2 years:dance:
I also got my membership in the United Flying Octogenarians.

Filed a protest of my property appraisal. The county appraisal district is a royal clusterwhatever and made a $54 million mistake last year, counting the value of a large number of properties twice on the county tax roles. All the taxing authorities set their budgets accordingly, then they were told, "Oops, we made a mistake. Sorry."

Now the appraisal district is apparently trying to make amends by aggressively revaluing properties. Our taxable value increased by 20% and I'm hearing similar complaints from my neighbors. Nuts!

DH and I made homemade red curry chicken and vegetables and had it over rice. Tonight we’re having breakfast for dinner. We’ve been out often lately we want to stay home and relax.

I'm in the third day of a bad cold, so I spent most of the day competing in the Spring Olympics - Pairs Figure Sleeping event with one of my cats. We have a shot at the medals stand, I think.

Filed a protest of my property appraisal. The county appraisal district is a royal clusterwhatever and made a $54 million mistake last year, counting the value of a large number of properties twice on the county tax roles. All the taxing authorities set their budgets accordingly, then they were told, "Oops, we made a mistake. Sorry."

Now the appraisal district is apparently trying to make amends by aggressively revaluing properties. Our taxable value increased by 20% and I'm hearing similar complaints from my neighbors. Nuts!
How infuriating! Good luck on this. I have no idea what proof one would have to bring for such a protest. Sounds like even protesting it could be either expensive or time consuming. :(

I'm in the third day of a bad cold, so I spent most of the day competing in the Spring Olympics - Pairs Figure Sleeping event with one of my cats. We have a shot at the medals stand, I think.
Hope you feel better soon! There is a really bad/severe cold going around from what I have heard on the internet.

We went to the springs today. There's an influx of tourists in town, which is generally good.

About 30 minutes into my soak I reached for my CC; DW said I needed to buy electrolytes and tequila. Instead of my CC I found my soaked leather mini wallet! DL, 2 CC, and my insurance card, they're all plastic. I went back to the locker room to put the soaked junk away. Guess what? I found I'd also soaked my keys with two FOBs for both vehicles![emoji23]

Much to my surprise both FOBs worked today. Hopefully they continue to.

Today is day 16 with my Metoprolol(BP med) cut in half. Numbers look completely normal. My PCP said I could try another 50% reduction as soon as I wanted. I'll probably start that at the end of next week. I'm still a little dizzy, but not like I was.

Still had an awesome time.

Last edited:
Found a leak in our 4 year old roof. Well, presumably it's the roof. Contacted the roofing company, and will now see how they respond. My expectation is the warranty covers it. It should also cover (IMHO) repairing the hole we had to cut in the wall to see what was going on - there were signs of water damage.

Took my mom and wife to the outlets shops, wife wanted a coach bag and Levi’s for gifts, turns out it was 70% off at the Coach store, she bought a bag and wallet that was regularly $650 for $195

Guess what? I found I'd also soaked my keys with two FOBs for both vehicles![emoji23]

Much to my surprise both FOBs worked today. Hopefully they continue to.

I soaked my Prius fob last year and although it worked OK, I did open it up (found the instructions on the interwebs) and let everything dry out well just to be safe. Haven't had any problems since.

Just got back from errands/shopping (library, Target, Kohl's, Total Wine). It's officially summer down here - the temp is 93 but it feels like 100. And it's forecast to get to 100 by Wednesday and stay there for several days. Ugh. I have to remind myself that we had a lovely long spring, and it will be over in September, and in the meantime, try not to go out in the afternoon.

Gym day for me, DW played hooky and stayed home. Then a minor grocery run and for the first time this year cooked some burgers on the grill. Yum! I had do the grilling today because the forecast is for off & on rain for the rest of the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom