What did you do today? 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely, Nemo still can. His wife will have to handle his carry-ons now.

If it was situated elsewhere it would be a PITA. ;)
:ROFLMAO:

As for me, what did I do today? I awakened to the sweet sound of my lawn guy's lawnmower. I say "sweet" because I wasn't the one operating it. :D

Later on Frank and I got together and went to lunch. I ordered a small green side salad and water to drink. On the way home we stopped at the barber so he could get his hair cut, and I played "Animal Crossing" on my portable 3DSXL video game console while waiting. It didn't take long at all; his barber is fast and does a great job.

When we got home, my new printer was on my front porch waiting for me! It took essentially no time at all to set it up, install the drivers, and have it printing as my default printer. It is just exactly what I wanted so thanks to those that recommended it for me.

It really seems like summer here! It's hot, with bright sun, and leisure is the theme of the day for me. Summertime, and the living is easy...

This Wednesday morning is the time for us to do our bi-weekly blood glucose test. Good number of 95 for me, and 92 for DW.

Then, I drove to Sonoran Lab to have blood drawn for a more complete annual check. Will compare the BG number with the home test number to see if the home test kit is any good.

Then, had a haircut at my favorite (and only) hairdresser. My hair is not that long yet, but with the next 2 months on the Alaska roads it will grow to a level to drive me insane, and insanity is something one does not need at any time, let alone a road trip.

We talked to our hairdresser, who just came back from a trip abroad to help 3rd-world orphanages. She talked of a place ran by Catholic sisters newly discovered by her that really needed donation, so we gave some money to her to send there.

PS. On the way home, felt secure with the low blood glucose, so indulged DW to stop at Sprouts for her to get some sweet corns at $1 for 8 ears. I guess as long as I do not eat 2 ears at a time, my fasting BG will stay below 100 as experience has proven.

Last edited:
Figured out how to operate Bissel rug shampooer. Then cleaned some rugs.

Watched my guys saw up and install 1500 pounds of granite.

When they did mine, they made a template beforehand and cut and shape the pieces in their shop. They did do some final cuts on site though.

I watched them drill holes to install the faucet, soap dispenser, etc... Their diamond drill cut through the granite faster than my hole saw cut through wood when I installed a lock on a pristine door.

It was 102* when left for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup final. Washington Caps outplayed us. Dinner out after was worse than the game. Tomorrow brings another sunny day!

It was 102* when left for Game 2 of the Stanley Cup final. Washington Caps outplayed us. Dinner out after was worse than the game. Tomorrow brings another sunny day!

I have an aunt who lives in Henderson. It can get very hot there.

I mowed my grass yesterday and it was hot and humid. Soaking wet afterward. Only going to get hotter this week, may hit 100 Saturday. Which would be the earliest on record here.

We went to Woftrap last night to see ZZ Top/John Fogerty. I have seen ZZ Top a few times over the years, but first time seeing John Fogerty. He and his band were great. He can still sing and play guitar very well. He had tons of energy. I hope i am in that good of shape at 73 !

Pressure washed and then acid washed pavers around our home. Re-sealed pavers with AR500 (bought through Amazon). Looked pretty good after the first coat. It's much better than the milky junk you buy at Home Depot or Lowes. One more coat to go.

Attachments

• P_20180529_091708.jpg
    P_20180529_091708.jpg
    720.7 KB · Views: 42
  • P_20180529_093635.jpg
    P_20180529_093635.jpg
    696.2 KB · Views: 41
  • P_20180529_101204 (1).jpg
    P_20180529_101204 (1).jpg
    833.1 KB · Views: 42
  • P_20180529_112042.jpg
    P_20180529_112042.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 45
Noted and deleted 13,478,612 emails informing me of a change to the privacy policies of every company in the world. :facepalm:

Pressure washed and then acid washed pavers around our home. Re-sealed pavers with AR500 (bought through Amazon). Looked pretty good after the first coat. It's much better than the milky junk you buy at Home Depot or Lowes. One more coat to go.

What did you use for the acid wash? Looks great and I need to do the same. Thanks.

What did you use for the acid wash? Looks great and I need to do the same. Thanks.

A mixture of 25% muriatic acid and 75% water in a pump sprayer. You can buy it at Home Depot or Lowes in the pool supplies section. Brush and scrub it after spraying and then wash with water and let the pavers dry for 48 hours. Then you are all set for applying the sealer.

Does that AR500 sealer make the pavers slick? It looks pretty glossy in the pictures. The people who installed my paver patio told us to use a xylene based sealer. I did it the first year, and was planning to reseal it next year. It darkened the stones a bit, but didn't make them slick or glossy. I'll have to research this some more. I don't even see the sealer I used before for sale, so it may not be available anymore.

Does that AR500 sealer make the pavers slick? It looks pretty glossy in the pictures. The people who installed my paver patio told us to use a xylene based sealer. I did it the first year, and was planning to reseal it next year. It darkened the stones a bit, but didn't make them slick or glossy. I'll have to research this some more. I don't even see the sealer I used before for sale, so it may not be available anymore.

No not at all. It's glossy when applied but less so after it dries. This is an acrylic based sealer. They also have AR350 which is less glossy. We wanted to bring out the color of the stone especially the red/brown pavers that are over 23 years old. We have used xylene based sealers before and they did not work well for us.

It’s a drizzly, foggy day here on the mountain. DH went down to check in the other house so I’m left to my own devices today.

I’ve spent the morning cleaning out the screens in the washing machine and supply lines. Those in the inlet valves were particularly bad. This maintenance will hopefully allow the tub to fill more quickly. I’ll find out when I do some laundry later today.

I haven’t yet decided whether today’s exercise will be a walk in the rain, or a yoga session. Maybe I’ll do both.

After finishing up one of my volunteer tasks this morning, went to yoga class. After lunch, decided to run some errands as my list for tomorrow was starting to look uncomfortably long. Went to Kohl's to use my expiring "Kohl's cash", bought a new toilet seat for the powder room at Home Depot (DS had mentioned how yucky it was when he was home last time, and he's visiting again this weekend so I thought I'd take care of it and see if he notices), bought some board books for a niece who will be celebrating her 1st birthday this weekend (her parents don't seem to be into books), and detoured to the ATM for cash. Got home and replaced the toilet seat - took less than 10 minutes and it's a major improvement, should have done it years ago. Getting ready to use up leftover roast chicken by making enchiladas for dinner - yum!

Went to the bank with my mom to get some paper shares put into her online broker so she could sell them. Then went to her place and cut the lawn and planted a couple of things. Then went to my sister's and replaced the kitchen faucet. And cut her grass. A good day.

Picked up my new zero turn mower. It has three speed ranges and I'm still getting used to it, so mowed lawn in low gear. It is like a carnival ride mowing with that thing - takes a while to get the hang of joy sticks instead of a steering wheel.

Attachments

• IMG_3029.JPG
    IMG_3029.JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 48
Got long screws and new cover plates and did those 4 outlets in the new stone kitchen. Cut and glued high pressure laminate on the bottom of the sink cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom