ING Pop-Up from ER.org? Asking not accusing...

I'm still waiting for "the lady in yellow" that everybody else has been speaking about :cool: ...

I just checked in to see if there was any progress...had to close it 4 times to get to this point...errr...if I had known we were up to two pages I could have skipped page one and saved one closing.....idea...maybe we could start a game and see how few times we have to close it to get somewhere on this site...that would be fun?

It's still gone from my iPad after I cleared cookies and data yesterday, though it appears it may have been something else based on others experiences. Wish I could help...

[edit 15:24: the #€!%&@$ popup is back on my iPad again!!! If there was any way to retaliate with ING and CapitalOne, I'd love to...] :mad:

Last edited:
It's still gone from my iPad after I cleared cookies and data yesterday, though it appears it may have been something else based on others experiences. Wish I could help...

[edit 15:24: the #€!%&@$ popup is back on my iPad again!!! If there was any way to retaliate with ING and CapitalOne, I'd love to...] :mad:

Yes. Same for me. I did not see your edit until after clearing cookies and history. My PW file was lost and I haven't rebuilt / replaced it yet, so logging back into my usual morning browsing sites will be fun today. :)

ducky911 said:
i see your right...would have to get use to the format...but I could not figure out how to post

can you post on the app?

Yup. Squarish icon on upper right corner.

I've still never seen it. I have popups disabled in the Safari preferences on my iPad, which may or may not have a bearing on what the ER app does.

ipad app has no popups and ...no ads....cool....I will try this for awhile untill they stop tring to make money off the popups

I've still never seen it. I have popups disabled in the Safari preferences on my iPad, which may or may not have a bearing on what the ER app does.
Most if not all of us afflicted have popups turned off in Safari, but this particular ING/CapitalOne popup seems to have found a way around that. It's annoying enough that visiting ER.org is less desirable at the moment, but I assume it won't last forever.

HELLO

It is still on. It would be nice if you would just come out and tell us that the forum is not going to remove it and is sticking it to the ipad owners over some old grudge with apple.

Anyway I see that we have an ebay ad now so at least there is something new.

by

Bob

What annoys me with this stupid pop-up ad takes maybe 20% of the screen in landscape mode. It's ridiculous.

8009645533_3d4e51032f_z.jpg

Last edited:
What annoys me with this stupid pop-up ad takes maybe 20% of the screen in landscape mode. It's ridiculous.
If only there was a small group of users who bring these concerns to the board's owner, and somehow influence him to do something to... what's the right word here... hmmm... perhaps the action verb "moderate"?... the problem...

Sorry about the issues, pop-up ads should not be running on our site. I have an iPad and tried to replicate the issue but I am in South America and I think it's being geotargeted.

Sometimes advertisers sneak in ads on a Friday knowing the ad ops teams are short handed over the weekend. I find it strange that a huge firm like ING would do this but there are so many levels of marketing on the internet is could be a dirty/aggressive lead generation firm that is doing this. If the issue does not resolve itself by the end of day on Monday I'll contact Google Adsense to ask them what's up.

If possible, can you let me know the destination where you end up if you click?

I don't have the problem (not an iPad user) but since Andy posted this response I haven't seen many reply as to their location when they get this problem.

Help make it stop :(

I am getting the incessant pop-ups on my ACER 500 android based tablet (I am not using the Apps E-R tool, prefer the full site). Pop-up also consumes 20% of my screen in landscape, changes featured company ad every few days (I now have a new aversion to these companies) and pop-upkeeps coming back every time I read a new post. Here is the link it is bringing up this morning.

http://www.dish.com/redirects/promotion/offer42/?kbid=63429

Someone please make it stop, this is adding stress to my virtually stress-free retirement … :(:(:(

If only there was a small group of users who bring these concerns to the board's owner, and somehow influence him to do something to... what's the right word here... hmmm... perhaps the action verb "moderate"?... the problem...

Obviously you overestimate my influence. Andy is aware of the problem and I have not been hiding my exasperation, so I am not sure what else you want me to do.

Last edited:
I am getting the ad on my iPad, too, when I access the forum through Safari instead of through the app. No problems when I am using the app.

However, AFAIK the app doesn't include all the functions the mods/admins need. :(

Andy knows about the problem and beyond that, there is little that any of us can do about it. I would suggest that while we are waiting for Andy to work on a solution, members simply use the app instead of Safari when accessing the forum from an iPad.

Obviously you overestimate my influence. Andy is aware of the problem and I have not been hiding my exasperation, so I am not sure what else you want me to do.
Andy knows about the problem and beyond that, there is little that any of us can do about it.
Just looking for an update.

Users may be under the (possibly erroneous) impression that the moderators have more insight into the status than the rest of the group.

Anyone tried a different browser than safari ? I have an ARCHOS 2.8" tablet, android with opera browser. No pop up.

Users may be under the (possibly erroneous) impression that the moderators have more insight into the status than the rest of the group.

You are correct in that the impression is erroneous. I brought this problem report thread to their attention a week ago and Andy promptly responded by replying on this thread on the 16th.

The site owners don't inform us seperately of any site technical issues, they do it via this forum for all to see.

Back
Top Bottom