ING Pop-Up from ER.org? Asking not accusing...

I don't have the problem (not an iPad user) but since Andy posted this response I haven't seen many reply as to their location when they get this problem.
I upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 on my iPad yesterday and so far the ING (and other) popup has gone away. Yay!

I see Andy made some change at the same time.....

Last edited:
I've had popups on my iPad3 running OS 5.1.1 since a week or so before this thread was started. Ing, eBay, Renaissance Hotels, Capital One, and the latest is Arby's. No popups on my MacBook

Yep, me too. The "reprieve" was less than an hour in my case.

:mad: ING
:mad: CapitalOne
:mad: Travel Texas
:mad: Renaissance Hotels
:mad: eBay (on behalf of others, I haven't seen that one myself but I am using my iPad much less lately WRT ER.org)
Now I've seen eBay firsthand, and a new one - Arby's! :mad:

There should be a special place in hell for folks who engage in this popup nonsense. They'll never get any of my business...

I made another change, can you check and see if you are still seeing these?

Sadly, yes--eBay, CapitalOne, Ing, and Renaissance Hotels

F***. I have tried everything, I'll put in a ticket for our programmer to help me figure out who is slipping these in. I wish we had the same troubleshooting tools for iOS as we do for PC and Mac. Does anyone know how to get an HTTP recording of the traffic on iOS

I have not seen them on my iPad for a day or two, Andy.

Is it just my iPad3 then? Please don't spend any more time on the matter--I only chimed in to support the OP. I'm traveling and using Verizon cellular service rather than Wifi if that matters.

Thanks again for all your efforts

OK, then I guess I am just the lucky one, for once. :) Thanks, aldo, for helping.

I did just update to iOS6 recently but I have no idea whether or not that could make a difference.

I updated to IOS6 as soon as it was released and I have seen the popups all along, and still. I appreciate the efforts by admins to block them, but I "blame" the perp, no one else.

I stopped seeing the ads right after I upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 last Monday (or was it Sunday) as I already posted.

I've since moved to a new iPad (3) and I still don't see them.

Knocking on wood - it sure has been nice not having them pop up.

I've never seen any pop ups on my iPad either with version 5 or 6. Safari pop up blocker is on under preferences...that's probably to easy to be the right answer tho. I use the ER app....really like it.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have never seen these pop-ups on my pc nor my IPad. I don't use the app.

I just joined yesterday and am using an IPad 2. These pop ups are driving me crazy. Yesterday it was eBay, today it is capital one.

A new one--Harvard Business School. For a minute or so, the CapitalOne ad filled the entire screen. Yes, popup block pref is on.

They stopped!

Whatever you just did in the last maintenance outage might have done the trick.

I just joined yesterday and am using an IPad 2. These pop ups are driving me crazy. Yesterday it was eBay, today it is capital one.

Ddmo, welcome to the board. Why not stop by and tell us about yourself here Hi, I am... - Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community

I stopped seeing the ads right after I upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 last Monday (or was it Sunday) as I already posted.

I've since moved to a new iPad (3) and I still don't see them.
I had 5.1.1 and saw the pop-ups. iOS6 is available so I went ahead and installed - to no avail. The banners must have some geographic or ISP component.

iPad 3, huh? How's that retina display?

Edit: after opening a half dozen pages it went away. This is good.

Last edited:
I've never seen any pop ups on my iPad either with version 5 or 6. Safari pop up blocker is on under preferences...that's probably to easy to be the right answer tho. I use the ER app....really like it.
Popups have been off in Safari all along on my iPad, off was the default. I've even turned it on and off again several times to no avail. I also cleared cookies and data. It appeared to work at first, but they came back in a few hours if not sooner. I updated to IOS6 the day after the iPhone5 announcement, and had whatever 5.x.x preceded it (I update whenever a new IOS is available).

Edit: after opening a half dozen pages it went away. This is good.
I'll have to try that. I simply close them and they seem to go away for a while at least, beats trying to ignore them. But hopefully they go away altogether eventually...

iPad 3, huh? How's that retina display?
The retina display is sweet! I've been using my iPad more and more to show off my landscape photos, so I decided to get the display. My decision came after getting a really good look at one at an Apple store.

My iPad3 came with iOS 5, thank goodness. I'll wait a while to upgrade to iOS 6.

Last edited:
I would, but not sure I'm staying on this forum if these pop ups can't be removed. I get them every time I change pages. Even getting to this page, I got full screen pop ups. Had to close four of them to enter this reply.

Ddmo

Back
Top Bottom