Democratic Nominee Prediction

Who will become the democratic nominee?

• Hillary Clinton

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Barack Obama

Votes: 42 72.4%

• Total voters

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
This poll is not about who you prefer, it's who you think will will.

I get the feeling that Clinton is the "machine" candidate and is more likely to get the backing of the machine. As Obama's momentum faded in Texas and Ohio and likely to lose more steam in PA and elsewhere, and fueled by the Wright and "typical white person" gaffe, the Democrats will use that as a justification that only Hillary can beat John McCain in November, and use carrots and sticks to convince the superdelegates to go that way.

Just my prediction, and worth what you paid for it.

What a shock it will be when Obama goes into the convention with more delegates and when all is said and done Clinton comes out with the nomination. There will be many unhappy and distrusting democrats out there.

What a shock it will be when Obama goes into the convention with more delegates and when all is said and done Clinton comes out with the nomination. There will be many unhappy and distrusting democrats out there.

Hey, if it was good enough for the general election, it should be good enough for the Deomocratic primary... :)

Not gonna happen. You cannot stop the Obama you can only hope to contain him. O0

at first i thought clinton, but now i don't get much of a feel for this at all except that regardless of what candidate runs from which ever direction, this election will be like stepping onto a rug without a non-slip pad under it.

With the way the delegates are apportioned (i.e. no winner-take-all primaries), I think it is virtually impossible for Hillary to pass Obama in pledged delegates. The only way she could win the nomination is to pass Obama in total votes (she currently trails by some 600,000), which would give the [-]machine[/-] superdelegates maneuvering room to vote for her. I don't believe the superdelegates will be able to vote against Obama, if he has more pledged delegates plus has more total votes.

My prediction is that Clintons will make sure that their superdelgates have a majority on the credential committees. The committee will in turn come up with a creative compromise that allows the seating of the MI and FL delgates. This will result in a near tie on pledged delgates.

The remaining superdelgate will admire/fear the Clinton's cleverness and she will win on the second ballot.

My girl Hillary is feisty and has moxie but I think she is no match for the Obamanator. O0

Of course she might have a lil shawk and aww left in the old gal.

As Obama's momentum faded in Texas and Ohio and likely to lose more steam in PA and elsewhere...

Obama didn't lose any momentum. He is exactly as far ahead in pledged delegates now as he was after Super Tuesday. Don't just eat up the media narrative so easily.

Obama didn't lose any momentum. He is exactly as far ahead in pledged delegates now as he was after Super Tuesday. Don't just eat up the media narrative so easily.
Momentum is more than delegate count. Losing big states -- even if close in terms of popular vote and delegate count -- is something that matters, especially in states like Ohio and (potentially) Pennsylvania which have a large number of electoral votes and can typically swing either way in any given November.

I get the feeling that Clinton is the "machine" candidate and is more likely to get the backing of the machine.

So, if true, that Obama is not the machine candidate, and as you suggest, that he won't get the nomination, how much fun will be introduced then, if he decides to run independent and take his backers with him. Think the machine might reconsider at that point, or try to go to general election facing two strong candidates. That would finally get the attention of both parties that they need to get serious about improving their selection process. :bat::bat::bat:

It may not matter too much who winds up being the Dem nominee. It is a year of throw the jerks out.

This year is a vote against incumbents. In the white house... Republicans are the incumbents.

If it is Obama that is nominated... the majority people will vote for Obama. If it is Clinton... then Clinton will be President.

McCain has an uphill battle. He is not very likely to win.

And in a way who wins is not a big issue. We cannot do anything but improve out situation from where we are today. since GWB has been such a complete disappointment and failed at some many levels (he will wear the label of the worst president of the 21st century)... We can't help but do better.

Back
Top Bottom