Anyone heard from Cardude lately?

The cars weren't the dealership's to sell free and clear. While they technically belonged to the dealership, they were financed by Toyota, he said.
If the manufacturers' finance shops are on their toes, they will be conducting audits on an increased basis. Times like this are ripe for thievery.

I got a case in the 80's that lead me to the FBI and the FDIC offices. The guy I was looking at for something relatively small had slammed a S&L, with inside help, for thousands of cars. The stack of floor plan envelopes, missing the titles, took up a 10-foot long conference table and were stacked a foot deep.

If I were in the business of financing car dealers right now, I would have people there every month, at the least, counting cars and checking VIN numbers.

When the lenders think somethings going on at a dealership they come in and hold the titles and sit there all day. If a car is sold the lender gets their money and then they had over the title so the car can be registered.

About 20 years ago there was a dealer on LI New York that I worked at that floor planned with GMAC and took them for over 500M. Then he tried to get info on the politicians in the area but ended up in jail anyway. He was building apartment buildings, strip malls all over the country and was double and triple hocking the cars to all different banks. Then when business got slow he couldn't pay the interest on the loans and the scam collapsed. Sorta like old Bernie I'd say.

The best part was all the people at GMAC knew he was doing it and when the interest couldn't be paid any longer they said oh look what we found and all played stupid.

Is this a joke? Not to overeact, but what are you insinuating? I'm pretty sure Cardude is not a Toyota dealer.

I doubt it, as most Toyota stores are making good money. You'd have to be a real boob to sink a Toyota dealership. He's in some kind of GM store if I remember correctly.

I was trying to say that I think its unfair to link a forum member to a story like that, but maybe OP was just making a joke.

Is this a joke?

Are you serious or is your post a joke as well?

The dealer in the article I referenced is located in Nebraska. Cardude is located in Texas:

About cardude:

Gender - Male
State - Texas
Occupation - X Car Dealer
The dealer in the article sold Toyotas, cardude is a GM and Dodge dealer: Cardude comments on selling Chevy and Dodge

... what are you insinuating?
Absolutely nothing. As many times as cardude has posted of his situation, I thought it was abundantly clear he lived in another state and wasn't a Toyota dealer. I never dreamed those who read his posts would think it anything other than a joke.

Not to overeact...
Looks like you already have.

Yep.....
sFun_yeeha.gif

Back
Top Bottom