Lost a good friend today...........

Dawg52

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I had to put down my beloved golden retriever this morning. She had a swallowing problem due to Megaesophagus disease. She developed Pneumonia and went down quickly. Couldn't walk, eat or get her pills down. Buried her in the country in a pretty pasture at a friends house. She came along during a period when I lost my dad, brother, and recently my aunt. She was a great comfort during that period for my mom and myself. And my aunt sure loved her. Life sucks sometimes. I truly am a wuss.:(

R.I.P
1/31/2001 - 9/24/2009

img_858669_0_7e89887d2a2b9546cc118054237f2d22.jpg

Dawg! Man, I know how that hurts. So sorry for you.

You have to keep those great memories and take consolation in knowing the pooch had a wonderful life because of you.

I am so sorry for your loss. Those fury friends add so much to our lives, it is heartbreaking to see them go so fast.:(

I'm so sorry, Dawg. You were a great friend to her.

When my 16-yr-old cat died, I remembered him as a constant during those years, he was there for all that happened, all the transitions.

R.I.P., beautiful dog.

I understand how you are feeling.
I have a question for all of you. Is it unnatural to cry when your pet dies and not shed a tear when a loved human being does?

So sorry for your loss, Dawg. My previous lab went through the same progression (megaesophagus/pneumonia).

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Dawg. I know you loved her and she you.

Ha

Dawg, I'm so sorry for your loss. Times like these are so hard. She was lucky to have you, and you her.

Damn, sorry to hear this. She had kind of a charmed life with you from what I can gather in your posts. I know that pain and it is not easy.

I knew you did everything you could to make her life wonderful and her last days comfortable.

She will be there waiting for you on the other side, my friend. I am so sorry for your loss.

PS--what a gorgeous dog she was. That photo you posted makes me smile, she looks so happy in it.

She is now playing in the fields above
Chasing birds perhaps a dove
Napping in the warm sunshine
Finally feeling oh so fine
She's heard the news and knows it true
That one fine day her best friend will be with her too!

The feelings of loss is profound when we were so very close. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy on your loss.

I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a great dog. The only encouragement I can offer is that once the pain recedes, you will be left with beautiful memories.

Big baby. Makes my eyes tear up now remembering putting down our old man cat a month or so ago. Cried holding him in the vet's office and out in the parking lot after - i feel for you Dawg.

So sorry. One of my best friends is a golden retriever. Be nice to yourself - I hope you can take a walk and revisit your memories of the good times with her.

Back
Top Bottom