5th SWFL E-R.org Get-Together

I was recently in Bradenton to see a street musician named Dovydas. I would recommend if you have time, Check into St. Armands Circle in Sarasota and watch Dovydas play. It is a fun story (shortened) he got a cease and desist letter after a hundred Youtube videos recorded there and then got invited back, because of citizen reaction.
His schedule is spontaneous, (as is his music, nothing is played as originally written) but, he says he will do last minute updates at https://www.facebook.com/StArmandsCircleAssociation
So check that if you want to be sure he is there.

Here's a sample, of his playing in St. Armands Circle.
St Armands Circle is a neat area to walk around in.

... will be quarantining at home for the next week to be sure. Hate that I’m going to miss meeting everyone but I don’t think you’d be lining up for hugs! Stay safe and *fingers crossed* I’ll see you next year!

Sorry to hear this, Gocubsgo. Hope you remain Covid-free.
And pencil us in for next year!

omni

I'll keep an eye out for this next year. We are in the Orlando area but we have a wedding celebration (outdoors at a lake, thank goodness) to go to.

I'm a bit to far living in New Orleans but maybe next year I can make a weekend out of it. Would really like to meet you guys !!!

Bummer. The wife's two cataract surgeries kept us in NC. Maybe next year we'll be in our condo in Bradenton.

Buckeye, wdwwildbill, & latexman,

Would love to have you join us next year! :greetings10:

I usually start a forum thread in January letting folks know that we are planning a get-together. Mid/late-February seems to be the time that works best for most of us here in SWFL to meet.

omni

Time to Confirm Headcount

Our big day, Sunday Feb. 20, is fast approaching.

Here's who previously indicated they were coming. Please CONFIRM or CANCEL so I'll have an accurate headcount for Sunday.

If anyone else is around and cares to join us, please let me know. Thanks.

1 pb4uski
2 FLSUnFIRE
3&4 Detail +1
5 Lagniappe
6 omni
7&8 simple girl +1
9(&10?) BeachorCity (+1?)
11 boog (Ocala)
12 38Chevy454 (Cape Canaveral)
13&14 youbet +1 (camping at Myakka)
[-] GocubsGo (Nashville)[/-]
15? Sarasota Cycler (if his schedule allows)
16?&17? Patricia Lyn +1

omni

=============================================

LOCATION DETAILS FROM POST #19 ARE REPEATED BELOW, FYI

Here's the plan.

Date & Time: Sun. Feb. 20, 2022, *2:00pm - 4:30pm-ish

Gecko's Fruitville --- outside/patio

351 N Cattlemen Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232

ph. 941-378-0077

*As I mentioned upthread, Gecko's is not taking reservations due to staffing/covid. I will call when they open (11 am) to alert the staff of our group size, planned start time, and request that the staff try to accommodate us outside as we have planned. (This is why I've pushed our start time a bit later.)

Restaurant website:https://geckosgrill.com/ (They have several locations...we will be at the FRUITVILLE one.)

pb4uski confirmed

Great job of planning omni, thank you. I was at that Gecko's for lunch last Friday and ordered the BLT. It is so huge I ended up having it for lunch and dinner. It must have had a half pound of bacon [emoji1641] in it. Yum!

I'm glad that you are omni and not omnicron!

Last edited:
Simplegirl+1 confirmed!

Hoping we can get tables with umbrellas for shade, if possible. :D

Simplegirl+1 confirmed!

Hoping we can get tables with umbrellas for shade, if possible. :D

The outside deck is covered... so more like an open porch.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    198.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I was recently in Bradenton to see a street musician named Dovydas. I would recommend if you have time, Check into St. Armands Circle in Sarasota and watch Dovydas play. It is a fun story (shortened) he got a cease and desist letter after a hundred Youtube videos recorded there and then got invited back, because of citizen reaction.
His schedule is spontaneous, (as is his music, nothing is played as originally written) but, he says he will do last minute updates at https://www.facebook.com/StArmandsCircleAssociation
So check that if you want to be sure he is there.

Here's a sample, of his playing in St. Armands Circle.
St Armands Circle is a neat area to walk around in.

Wow, what a unique performance. Love St Armands Circle. I'll never forget the outrageously overpriced ice cream I thoroughly enjoyed there. I wish I could make one of these meet-ups sometime. I will be in Orlando next January but looks like its usually a Feb meetup. I am not FIRE yet, but definitely on my way, closing in on 2032.

Thanks for sharing that song, and the kids dancing it made me smile!

Good job on the video and audio Time2! Sounds great and I felt like I was there!

Last edited:
100% in! 49.5 hrs, not that I'm counting.... :)

You appear to be too happy in retirement.:dance:
And just remembering our conversations a couple of years ago....

This is so exciting. I was thinking of joining this year’s meet but too much going on (still a young dreamer). I look forward to meeting you guys /gals for the next meetup. I live in Illinois but don’t mind a small getaway in Feb to escape the brrrr…

This is so exciting. I was thinking of joining this year’s meet but too much going on (still a young dreamer). I look forward to meeting you guys /gals for the next meetup. I live in Illinois but don’t mind a small getaway in Feb to escape the brrrr…

Love This Community,

Please join us if you can make it next year. :greetings10:

It's a short-ish flight from the Windy City.

omni

Thanks, everyone, for the speedy responses!

The 14 who have CONFIRMED so far are shown in bold.

1 pb4uski
2 FLSUnFIRE
3&4 Detail +1
5 Lagniappe
6 omni
7&8 simple girl +1
9 BeachorCity
10 boog (Ocala)
11&12 38Chevy454 +1 (Cape Canaveral)
13&14 youbet +1 (camping at Myakka)
---------------------------------------------------

Haven't yet heard from:

15? Sarasota Cycler (if his schedule allows)
16?&17? Patricia Lyn +1

Looking forward to seeing y'all tomorrow! Let the partying begin.:dance:

omni

Thank you @omni550 for arranging this wonderful day. My DGF and I had a great time as always and the time flew by. It was wonderful seeing past attendees as well as meeting some new folks.
P.S. Missed seeing you @simple girl.

Thank you for organizing us omni and for arranging for the perfect weather! Such a great community we have here and even better to meet in person!

Thank you omni... another year, another job well done. I thought the venue was great... we were outside but under cover and the weather was perfect. The service was great... and we kept that young man on his toes for a few hours.

We may even have a new member... wuzalurker :D

So where are the pictures?

Back
Top Bottom