6th SWFL ER.org Get-together

(38Chevy454 -- let me know if you are able to make it. And if anyone else wants to join, please let me know.)

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

(I'll do a "final nose count" closer to the 19th on this thread.)

omni

As I thought, we have some out of town guests so I am not able to make it this year. You all have fun

Next year DW and I will be there finally. We will be spending the winter in Ft Myers.

fisherman,

WooHoo! Glad to hear your retirement plans are coming to fruition.

We'll look forward to seeing you two at our 2024 SWFL get-together...pencil it in for a mid-Feb weekend....details to follow (in early 2024).

omni

Last edited:
15 attendees, per latest updates....

1 pb4uski (+1?)
2&3 Dtail+1
4 Lewis Clark
5 latexman
6&7 simple girl+1
8 FLSUnFIRE
9 Hopeful
10&11 boog+1
12 Time2
13 BeachOrCity
14 Luvdogs
15 omni

Anyone else in the area who wants to join us in Sarasota this Sunday, please let me know. Thanks.

I'll be doing a final headcount later this week.

omni

Great group and I'm looking forward to getting together.

IIRC was it last year that we had a lurker who had just barely registered show up?

IIRC was it last year that we had a lurker who had just barely registered show up?

You remember correctly, pb4uski, about having a lurker last time.

(Our lurker hadn't even registered. He was just a bona fide lurker! As far as I know, he may STILL be a lurker here.) A nice guy from Ohio.

omni

Yup, I spent a decent amount of time with him. Nice guy.

fisherman,

WooHoo! Glad to hear your retirement plans are coming to fruition.

We'll look forward to seeing you two at our 2024 SWFL get-together...pencil it in for a mid-Feb weekend....details to follow (in early 2024).

omni

Thank you for the date range. Though we retired several years ago our youngest is graduating in December and that allows us to travel when we want too again. The dates will work perfectly.

This Sunday is our big day! :dance:

Here's the final list of 15-16 attendees. Please let me know of any changes.

1 pb4uski (+1?)
2&3 Dtail+1
4 Lewis Clark
5 latexman
6&7 simple girl+1
8 FLSUnFIRE
9 Hopeful
10&11 boog+1
12 Time2
13 BeachOrCity
14 Luvdogs
15 omni

Date & Time: Sun. Feb. 19, 2023, *2:00pm - 4:30pm-ish

Gecko's Fruitville (Exit 210 on I-75)

351 N. Cattlemen Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232

ph. 941-378-0077

(*Gecko's is not taking reservations. I will call when they open (11 am) to alert the staff of our group size, planned start time, and request that the staff try to accommodate us outside, as we did last year. )

Looking forward to seeing y'all on Sunday!

omni

Thank you for your work setting this up, Omni!

I've only been able to attend one of these events in the past and it was a few years ago. If I don't recognize folks, and we don't have a reservation, how will I find everyone?

Just looking for the large table with smiling early retirees may not be effective. : )

I've only been able to attend one of these events in the past and it was a few years ago. If I don't recognize folks, and we don't have a reservation, how will I find everyone?

Just looking for the large table with smiling early retirees may not be effective. : )

Oh, early retirees glow; You'll find us! I'll be the smiling guy with a really bad mullet (cutting it off soon but not before Sunday)!

Are we to just introduce ourselves or, are we going to have any name tags? First name or screen name?
Inquiring minds want to know. :LOL:

Omni, the prepared camper, always brings nametags. :D

We write both our screen name and first name on the tag. It's a fun time! Looking forward to meeting you!

Omni, the prepared camper, always brings nametags. :D

We write both our screen name and first name on the tag. It's a fun time! Looking forward to meeting you!

Is that BYONT?

Bring Your Own Name Tag :LOL:

Lewis Clark,

Look for the 15-16 young-looking (or at least happy-looking and carefree) Retirees including a youngish guy with a REALLY BAD MULLET :LOL:(FLSUnFire)! Or ask at the hostess stand for the Early Retired group.

We've always managed to find each other, no worries.

(FWIW, I brought a smiley-face helium balloon the first few years, but it was unneeded, so the practice was discontinued. Less work for me. ;))

See you Sunday!

omni

Is that BYONT?

Bring Your Own Name Tag :LOL:

Time2,

Feel free to BYONT but it's not necessary. As simplegirl posted above, I'll be bringing name tags and markers a-plenty.

omni

It should be easy, just look for the group that lived below their means long enough that they no longer have to. :cool:

Lewis Clark,

Look for the 15-16 young-looking (or at least happy-looking and carefree) Retirees including a youngish guy with a REALLY BAD MULLET :LOL:(FLSUnFire)! Or ask at the hostess stand for the Early Retired group.

We've always managed to find each other, no worries.

(FWIW, I brought a smiley-face helium balloon the first few years, but it was unneeded, so the practice was discontinued. Less work for me. ;))

See you Sunday!

omni

:LOL: I busted out in laughter reading that! Yeah it's about to go but a fun way to express my newfound freedom. I need to make myself presentable if I'm ever going to find a Ms FLSunFIRE to share this wonderful FIRE'd life with. It's been an endless source of amusement and jokes with me and my friends though.

Sorry, I know this is last minute but I won't be able to attend. Have a great time everyone; hopefully I will be able to join you next year.

I am bummed out. Woke up Friday with a head cold and sore throat. Luckily covid test was negative. Was hoping I would feel better by this morning, but actually feel worse today. I was looking forward to putting face to names, but probably best for me to sit this one out and shoot for next year. I am sure you will all have a great time.

Sorry to pile it on, but my DGF is feeling under the weather, so we will also have to bow out for today.
I have such a good time at this event, so will have to look forward to next year.

Sorry, I know this is last minute but I won't be able to attend. Have a great time everyone; hopefully I will be able to join you next year.

I am bummed out. Woke up Friday with a head cold and sore throat. Luckily covid test was negative. Was hoping I would feel better by this morning, but actually feel worse today. I was looking forward to putting face to names, but probably best for me to sit this one out and shoot for next year. I am sure you will all have a great time.

Sorry to pile it on, but my DGF is feeling under the weather, so we will also have to bow out for today.
I have such a good time at this event, so will have to look forward to next year.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this from you all! Hopeful, hope you feel better soon! And Dtail, sending our best to your DGF as well. Will miss seeing you guys!

Oh no! I'm healthy and still going. Going to miss you guys. Hope everyone under the weather feel better soon.

I'm thinking of organizing a get together in St Pete for those interested, maybe October time frame before the holidays but after the worst of summer so we don't have to wait a year. MTF...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this from you all! Hopeful, hope you feel better soon! And Dtail, sending our best to your DGF as well. Will miss seeing you guys!

Thanks Simple Girl. DGF really enjoys your company.

Back
Top Bottom