84 Days out!

Marco

Dryer sheet aficionado
After 5 years of planning, the moment is mounting quickly. The retirement desk has my paperwork, and the clock is ticking. I have $650,000 in investments, and will have 2 COLA protected pensions (military/civil service), and have medical care covered by Tricare and VA. We are debt-free (no mortgage!) and my wife and I have been living on our retirement budget for a year now, so we're confident we'll be fine financially on a month to month basis.
I want to finish out my current job strongly, and cleanly, but am having a hard time getting motivated knowing that a new exciting chapter is right around the corner.

84 days and a wake-up!

Marco

congrats. sounds like it will be an extra happy new year.:dance::dance:

Congratulations, Marco!

I have 557 and a wake-up so I'm envious of your 84.

I appreciate your post because we are in an almost identical situation with 2 COLA protected pensions, soon to be zero debt, and similar savings. We've been living easily off of projected pension income for the past 18 months and banking the rest. It is reassuring to see others retiring with pension income and comfortable doing so.

Wishing you all the best with your retirement in the new year. Check in and let us know how you're enjoying it.

After 5 years of planning, the moment is mounting quickly. The retirement desk has my paperwork, and the clock is ticking. I have $650,000 in investments, and will have 2 COLA protected pensions (military/civil service), and have medical care covered by Tricare and VA. We are debt-free (no mortgage!) and my wife and I have been living on our retirement budget for a year now, so we're confident we'll be fine financially on a month to month basis.
I want to finish out my current job strongly, and cleanly, but am having a hard time getting motivated knowing that a new exciting chapter is right around the corner.

84 days and a wake-up!

Marco

We are closely on the same path although more like 6 months at age 60. 1.2 M invested and plenty of emergency funds. Being retired military and Civil Service has been interesting. I will have 11 years when I roll out of this last gig and 26 years Navy. It has been a good life serving the U.S. Navy. I just got to figure out how to summit my retirement paperwork. I think I will fall under the MRA + 10 portion? Also, I think I will need to get things notarized somewhere prior to mailing it in but I should do this sooner than later, lol.
Congrats on your retirement (You have earned it) and thank you for your service to this country Marco.

Most banks can notarize things for you.

Congrats as you are about to enter the best part of your life.

I still recall my exit interview (where you turn in your ID card, etc.) as being very Sweet. Maybe also just a bit sad so don't be surprised. Not that I have missed the w*rk, but I still miss the folks after 15 years - I do keep track of a couple of them. YMMV

So Close!
Congratulations. These last few days will fly by ( at least mine seemed too), and then your time is yours to do as you please :)

Congratulations Marco!
My situation and resources are similar, although without the military pension.
As of today, I'm 84 days out, so trailing you by a few days. :)
Agree about motivation being an issue. Working from home since April due to COVID isn't helping that situation, but it has verified that DW and myself can be together for long stretches of time and not feel the need to throttle each other!
I am enjoying having projects being brought to me and being able to say, nope, that needs to go elsewhere as I won't be around long enough to complete that one.
Enjoy a long and healthy retirement!

Back
Top Bottom