Amazon - Choose your one delivery day each week

I'm still amazed how quickly we get things, and we're not near any big city.

Amazon has just about everything. Not everything happens to be in a warehouse near me. The fact that, now matter what it is, I can get it in 2-3 days is just fantastic.

Anybody else remember "Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"? Anyone else remember when sellers tacked on grossly inflated "shipping and handling" charges?

Amazon put an end to all that.

Most of the stuff I ordered shipped same day, so I didn’t notice the distinction.

+1 to both CaptTom and audrey.

I get my Prime shipments within 2 days of order, unless I specify otherwise when I order. But, I do live near a major metropolitan area and that might be a factor.

I'm still amazed how quickly we get things, and we're not near any big city.

Amazon has just about everything. Not everything happens to be in a warehouse near me. The fact that, now matter what it is, I can get it in 2-3 days is just fantastic.

Anybody else remember "Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery"? Anyone else remember when sellers tacked on grossly inflated "shipping and handling" charges?

Amazon put an end to all that.

Ditto.

We're in the burbs and betwixt two Amazon DC's (both less than 20 miles), so I suppose that might help with our 2 day arrivals.

I also have to credit Amazon with its no hassle return policy - at least for us. Not happy? Print the shipping label and drop off at UPS store just down the road. Never an issue.

Same here, placed an order on Saturday afternoon, got it the next day within 24 hours.

I like the option of choosing your delivery day - I travel frequently during the work week and do not want the packages piling up on the doorstep - Now I can place orders through the week and group all these deliveries to arrive when I home to pick them up

I like the option of choosing your delivery day

The key word here is 'option'. One size does not fit all. In fact, for many of us, the size may vary from time to time. :D

Like my old grandpappy used to say "I don't want obligations. I want options."

The key word here is 'option'. One size does not fit all. In fact, for many of us, the size may vary from time to time. :D

Like my old grandpappy used to say "I don't want obligations. I want options."

And it is an option - that you can use for your next few orders and then revert back to 2 day shipping if you choose.

From their FAQ:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will all of my future orders arrive on my Amazon Day?
A. Only if you choose for them to. Amazon Day will appear as a delivery option along with your normal Prime delivery options. Choose it as often as you’d like, or if there’s another option that’s better for a certain order, choose that instead.

Q. Are all items eligible for Amazon Day?
A. Most items that are eligible for Prime FREE Two-Day Shipping and are shipped by Amazon can be ordered with Amazon Day. Eligibility varies by item; see details at checkout.

Q. How far in advance do I need to order so I can get stuff on my Amazon Day?
A. Most items can be ordered for Amazon Day delivery up to two days before your chosen day.

Q. Who can use Amazon Day?
A. Amazon Day is free for Prime members, with no additional membership required.

I'll buy into their desire to reduce carbon footprint when they pick up my (perfectly serviceable) empty Amazon boxes in conjunction with subsequent deliveries. :(

All this extra cardboard (and reduced local recycling service) is filling up the bin to the point where, as we get close to recycling day) we have to decide whether to put plastic OR cardboard into the bin for pickup.

Of course, I could drive a load 10 miles (plus 10 miles back) to the overflow cardboard drop-off, but I suspect that defeats the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom