Any smart phone case recommendations?

I've had very good luck with cases from Speck on both my old iPhone 4 and my 2+ year old 6. They aren't too expensive or bulky but provide edge protection which is really important. They have nice ridges that make it easy to hold. I've dropped my phones several times onto the sidewalk and so far (knock on wood) no damage at all. I've also never used a screen protector.

That EVO snap case looks interesting, though - sometimes it would be really handy to be able to slip a few cards and cash in.

I've had good luck with Speck cases which I feel provide good protection without the clunkiness of the OtterBox. I tried a Trident case as well but the additional flap covering the built-in USB port cover that provides the waterproof rating on my Galaxy S5 was a nuisance. Both met MIL-STD-810F or Gdrop standards and I'd look for such in any case you get.

I have the Speck Candy Shell for my iPhone 6 and just re-ordered a new one after 3 years of use (wear and tear caused a thin rubber piece to come off - could have lived with that but chose not to). I never used a screen protector and no problem with that.

Rich

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom