Best CD, MM Rates & Bank Special Deals Thread 2023 - Please post updates here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rates higher across the board this morning on fidelity. Yield on 5 year ladder of non-callable is at 4.69%

Rates higher across the board this morning on fidelity. Yield on 5 year ladder of non-callable is at 4.69%
Yes. If the banking crisis heats up again those 5 year non-callable CDs may make a brief return engagement.

why do some of the spreads on bonds between the bid and ask vary so much for a given company. For example, Royal Bank of Canada has some bonds with tight spreads, and others with 1% or more, such as CUSIP 78014RKM1

Thoughts on this Keynote bond? Basically a 10 year bond at a high rate. Keynote potentially in trouble?

49327M3H5

Gone, those went quick
Anyone know if an alert can be set/sent when new Cds come online? I got at 4.75 non callable 5yr about three weeks ago with a partial rollover from myv401k where stable value was at 1.9. only placed half. Then this week I panicked a bit and bit on a 4yr at 4.4 with half of what's left. I check rates most days and plan to hold the course but woul love to place another 5yr at 4.7 or above. They do disappear quick.

Anyone know if an alert can be set/sent when new Cds come online? I got at 4.75 non callable 5yr about three weeks ago with a partial rollover from myv401k where stable value was at 1.9. only placed half. Then this week I panicked a bit and bit on a 4yr at 4.4 with half of what's left. I check rates most days and plan to hold the course but woul love to place another 5yr at 4.7 or above. They do disappear quick.
I also bought a 4yr at 4.8 at a local credit union in my taxable account. I only go small with those as the penalty is a full 365 days of lost interest.

On Fidelity DSN4S0437, Goldman 1-year 5.15% CD.....update CALLABLE starting 08/10/2023

Last edited:
On Fidelity DSN4S0437, Goldman 1-year 5.15% CD

Callable. Which might be OK, but please include in posts on CD's/Bonds whether they are callable or not.

ETA: There is also DSN4S8902, CFBANK NA, 5.10% CD, non-callable, maturity 05/03/2024, monthly dividends.

Last edited:
That's fair my bad, it has been awhile since there was a CD rate I cared enough to even look at and didn't realize the call schedule was viewed differently than bonds.

The Goldman is callable starting 08/10/2023 so only 3 months guaranteed

Synchrony Bank has a 14 month CD rate at 5.15% on its website that I put a few bucks in today.

Synchrony Bank has a 14 month CD rate at 5.15% on its website that I put a few bucks in today.

I bought a few of those plus a few of the 10 month Marcus CD's at 5.05 percent. "depositaccounts.com" tracks this information timely.

Brokered, non-callable 1 year 5.1% Schwab Bank CD CUSIP 15987UBN7 available this morning

I've been watching the 5 year CD rates at my credit union. They were 3.50 for a long time, then went up to 3.6 % a few months ago, but now are back down to 2.75%. Big drop from 3.6 % to 2.75 %. Hmmm. Wonder why.

Fidelity 5yr ladder yield on non-callable CDs is up to 4.74

1y-5.1
2y-4.85
3y-4.65
4y-4.6
5y-4.5

I would like to purchase two $100,000 CD's, but should I wait for the Fed to announce interest rate decision, or do these look like a good buy now?
I see on Merrill Edge the following:
Wells Fargo CD,s paying: 5.1%, 1 year to maturity
Wells Fargo CD,s paying: 5.0% 1.5 years to Maturity
These rates where posted yesterday.

Thanks.

I would like to purchase two $100,000 CD's, but should I wait for the Fed to announce interest rate decision, or do these look like a good buy now?
I see on Merrill Edge the following:
Wells Fargo CD,s paying: 5.1%, 1 year to maturity
Wells Fargo CD,s paying: 5.0% 1.5 years to Maturity
These rates where posted yesterday.

Thanks.

Me too. I am waiting till after the announcement ...... and more importantly the statement and press conference.

Perhaps we are close to seeing over 5.1% brokered CD's again?
Zions 9-month 5.150% non-callable matures 02/09/2024 CUSIP DSN545355 (Fidelity), payable at maturity. FDIC # 2270

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom