Clothes make the man

Azanon said:
Man it makes a difference. I'm an attractive guy, but I've noticed that despite that, if i dress boring and blend in with, say, your typical walmart shopper, I get ignored anyway.

It depends on the context. Being scruffy and dirty is accepted in the backcountry or on a rockface, at least to outdoorsy woman. In the city, though, you are sadly correct - the right shoes make more of a difference than I usually care to admit.

But a gold chain? Az, say it ain't so!

im enjoying this post (or is it the wine) hiccup

carry on everyone, great entertainment :D

eridanus said:
It depends on the context. Being scruffy and dirty is accepted in the backcountry or on a rockface, at least to outdoorsy woman. In the city, though, you are sadly correct - the right shoes make more of a difference than I usually care to admit.

But a gold chain? Az, say it ain't so!

Do you have any other suggestions for neck jewelry Eridanus? I"m actually interested in this today, because it was just recent that I sort of got onto myself for being so lazy with my dress. So just recently ive really worked on it, and i'm in the process of buying a few nice things to help.

I just figured a bare neck probably isnt as good as maybe a nice chain. I'm also thinking of buying a nice Movado watch too. I just have a swiss army one now.

Azanon

Is that word narcissistic?

There's an online personality disorder test somewhere on the internet and i scored very high on narcissisism, but I think its more a test for fun.  Ive read more detailed writeups on the disease, and I dont think i'm pathological or anything; I just show some tendancies here and there.  I hide it well in RL so it isnt a problem (granted, if i'm remembering right, that's another trait, lol).   

Azanon

Just took it again; here's what i got:

Paranoid |||||| 30% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||| 66% 53%
Schizotypal |||||| 26% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||||||||| 74% 47%
Borderline |||| 14% 47%
Histrionic |||||||||||| 46% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||||||| 70% 41%
Avoidant |||||| 26% 39%
Dependent |||||| 30% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||| 38% 40%

The second column is the internet average. Test is at http://similarminds.com/personality_disorder.html

Azanon said:
Just took it again; here's what i got:

Paranoid ||||||                             30% 49%
Schizoid ||||||||||||||||                 66% 53%
Schizotypal ||||||                         26% 53%
Antisocial ||||||||||||||||||             74% 47%
Borderline ||||                             14% 47%
Histrionic ||||||||||||                    46% 43%
Narcissistic ||||||||||||||||            70% 41%
Avoidant ||||||                            26% 39%
Dependent ||||||                        30% 37%

The second column is the internet average.   Test is at http://similarminds.com/personality_disorder.html

Quick, call Rich before it is too late.  :)

Ha

Quick, call Rich before it is too late. 

Well, if i can average those, i'm a pretty normal guy;  average is 42, heh.  But the combination of high Antisocial (disorder) and Narcissistic probably isnt a good thing, lol.

Azanon

Azanon said:
 I'm also thinking of buying a nice Movado watch too.  I just have a swiss army one now.

Azanon

swiss army watches just scream "serial killer." If you wear a Movado, you might as well just tattoo "I am gay" on your forehead.

brewer12345 said:
swiss army watches just scream "serial killer."  If you wear a Movado, you might as well just tattoo "I am gay" on your forehead.

Damn,  Brewer, you got him between Scylla and Charybdis.  :)

Ha

brewer12345 said:
swiss army watches just scream "serial killer."

Throughout this entire thread, I've been thinking....

B00004U8H4.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056672742_.jpg

Cool Test AZ

Paranoid |||| 14% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||| 38% 53%
Schizotypal |||||| 26% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||| 50% 47%
Borderline |||||| 22% 47%
Histrionic |||||| 22% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||||| 58% 41%
Avoidant |||| 14% 39%
Dependent |||| 18% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||| 34% 40%
*scores in gray are the average web score
Accuracy:

I guess I am a little bit on the lack of empathy side myself. If the DW dumps me or dies ahead of me, I will go with the Euro look since Azanon assures me it will help get me laid. But no gold chains.

Oh, my sides are killing me.

So where's that place in the forums where we archive classic threads?

And ReWahoo - where do you come up with those links:confused: :D

Hmmm, my results:

Paranoid |||||||||| 38% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||| 74% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||| 46% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||||| 54% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||| 46% 47%
Histrionic |||||| 30% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||| 50% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 46% 39%
Dependent |||||| 30% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||| 42% 40%

Schizoid, huh? I suppose this is vaguely comforting: "Author Note:I don't think Schizoid personality is a valid disorder (read), some of the smartest people in history were schizoid because they occupied a remote end of the intelligence bell curve. Schizotypal personality can encompass highly original thinkers as well as totally insane people so I think it's a flawed type."

But the description does, in fact, ring a bell: "Schizoid Personality Disorder - individual generally detached from social relationships, and shows a narrow range of emotional expression in various social settings."

brewer12345 said:
But the description does, in fact, ring a bell: "Schizoid Personality Disorder - individual generally detached from social relationships, and shows a narrow range of emotional expression in various social settings."

You can consider your active participation on this forum to be therapy. Pretty soon we will turn you into a party animal. But please keep up the financial interests - your posts are good.

donheff said:
You can consider your active participation on this forum to be therapy.  Pretty soon we will turn you into a party animal.

I'm fine with small groups, but having to "work a room" is really too much for me. I am too much of an introvert.

Schizoid - about 70% as I recall taking the test yesterday.

Also INTJ, left handed, a former lab rat. Working a room is beyond me also.

heh heh heh heh - pretty boring on the other stuff. BTW - anyone mailing in estimated tax payments before midnight?

Paranoid |||||||||| 34% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||||| 90% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||| 66% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||||| 58% 47%
Borderline |||||| 22% 47%
Histrionic |||| 14% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||||| 58% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||||| 54% 39%
Dependent |||| 14% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||| 30% 40%

Interesting test. I guess I agree with the results. I
hope the author is right that "schizoid" should not be
a disorder.

Paranoid |||||||||||| 46% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||||| 90% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||| 50% 53%
Antisocial |||||| 22% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||||| 54% 47%
Histrionic |||||| 22% 43%
Narcissistic |||| 18% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||| 46% 39%
Dependent |||||| 26% 37%
Obsessive-Compulsive |||||||||||| 42% 40%
----------
Is there an ER type?

Paranoid |||||||||||||||| 62% 49%
Schizoid |||||||||||||||||| 74% 53%
Schizotypal |||||||||||||||| 66% 53%
Antisocial |||||||||||||| 54% 47%
Borderline |||||||||||| 46% 47%
Histrionic |||||||||||| 50% 43%
Narcissistic |||||||||||||||| 66% 41%
Avoidant |||||||||||||| 54% 39%
Dependent |||||||||||| 42% 37%

Stop Watching me I have to go crawl in a hole and hide. :-\
huh:confused:

Bruce

According to my strong paranoid, schizoid, antisocial, etc. stats, society may need to have me committed to a very secure mental institution for the good of mankind. >:D :angel: :bat: :rant: :duh: :crazy:

vagabond said:
According to my strong paranoid, schizoid, antisocial, etc. stats, society may need to have me committed to a very secure mental institution for the good of mankind. >:D :angel: :bat: :rant: :duh: :crazy:

I'm constantly amazed at the creative ways people on this forum come up with to cover healthcare and insure they don't run out of money...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom