Hisense TV: Inexpensive Excellence (and a story)

TV's have become a commodity item. Anyone remember when Sony ruled the day. Once upon a time, there was Curtis-Mathis. A few years ago, LG. Today? I'm after Screen size, resolution, and price. The most of the first two, for the least of the last.
Back when you needed real engineering skills to make a TV, tubes, deflection yokes, high voltage all took a specialized skills.

My wife worked for Sony for 15 years, Sand came in one door TV went out the other door.

Canadian Tire (a chain up here) had a 65" RCA 4K Smart TV on sale for $478 the other day.

One caution with the really off brand units. When you lose or break (wear out) a remote, a universal replacement is a shot in the dark. You might need a code whisperer to pair it to the TV. That big sheet with thousands of codes is often useless. Even the super secret, integer by integer, self programming option.:facepalm:
Since my Hisense is a Roku it uses a standard Roku remote. Cost $6.99 to replace. Oops. I have the newer, voice remote so it is $19.95 to replace.

Also, you can use your phone and the Roku app to control the TV.

Download a roku app on your phone and use as a remote for free

Back
Top Bottom