It's time to change the clocks again

I think it's just inertia that keeps us doing this. Really doesn't make much sense.
In fact Mexico refused to expand it last time (making the problem worse) so for 3 weeks we are one hour "behind" in the spring and 1 week ahead in the fall.

Then I have to do the correct sequence of buttons, I really don't like multifunction buttons. :facepalm:
Same with all 3 cars. Wait until there is a passenger then ask them to consult the manual.

Coffee machine and microwave are easy. 2 digital clocks not so much. Battery driven timepieces a pain. Why do we have so many? We have given up on the cordless phones - just blinking 12 am.

In fact Mexico refused to expand it last time (making the problem worse) so for 3 weeks we are one hour "behind" in the spring and 1 week ahead in the fall.

I think Mexico was with most of the rest of the world on this, 3 weeks later in the Spring before we spring forward and a week earlier than the US when falling back.

For 2 years while working in Houston I had a lot of contact with India (Mostly Mumbai) who were 11hrs 30 minutes ahead. When I was over on business I asked one of the guys why they had a 30 minute time zone and he said it was just to be different from Pakistan. In 2014 we went to Australia for the 3rd time and this time drove along the Great Ocean road and discovered that Adelaide is also on a 30 minute time zone. No idea why :confused:

For 2 years while working in Houston I had a lot of contact with India (Mostly Mumbai) who were 11hrs 30 minutes ahead. When I was over on business I asked one of the guys why they had a 30 minute time zone and he said it was just to be different from Pakistan. In 2014 we went to Australia for the 3rd time and this time drove along the Great Ocean road and discovered that Adelaide is also on a 30 minute time zone. No idea why :confused:

Newfoundland too.....partly geographical, (I suspect), and partly because they didn't become a Canadian province until 1949, so they'd gone their own way.

In 2014 we went to Australia for the 3rd time and this time drove along the Great Ocean road and discovered that Adelaide is also on a 30 minute time zone. No idea why :confused:
Come on up to Canada where the world will end at 12 midnight (12:30 in Newfoundland)!

Most of Mexico is on CST right now from Cancun to PV. (From Colorado Springs to Chicago).

Back
Top Bottom