LOVE my new WaterPik!

My first Water Pik was back in the 1980's when they had a separate reservoir with a long tube connecting it to the hand held part. Then I got the rechargeable type with the reservoir built-in. Recently, after not using it for years, I decided to get one of the clones on Amazon after my dental hygienist said I should be using one as well as flossing. The first clone I bought was OK but there were far too many intensity options and it was too easy to change the intensity while you were using it. I bought a second one which has fewer settings and seems less prone to changing the intensity inadvertently. We'll see how it works out but the stuff it dislodges is impressive. Recently, I also replaced my old Oral B electric toothbrush with its old NiMH battery. The new lithium powered one is great and gives a better brushing experience.

Any updates on Water Flossers in general, not just the Water Pik?

Thanks to orthodontics I have some teeth with pockets in the 4-5 area of depth. After years of extra cleanings and other stuff, there’s not much that can be done to reduce the pockets. The dentist recommends a water flosser to make sure I get the things cleaned out every day.

I got mine at Christmas 2021 and have been using it for over 2 years now. (I have the Water Pik Aquarius.) At first I used it every night, I suppose for several months. Then, I dropped down to 3 or 4 nights a week. Now, I'm down to 2 or 3 nights per week.

I've learned with my teeth and the places where food gets trapped that certain foods are problematic. In general, pork seems to leave trapped particles more than any other food. Also, certain cheaper cuts of beef like pot roast or whatever beef they put in chinese food. So now I make sure I always water floss after I have these foods, before I go to bed, which works out to 2 or 3 times a week.

I floss every day anyway, using regular string-type floss. I suggest using the water flosser before bedtime because you flush out the food particles and bacteria before you sleep. That way, the bacteria doesn't have a chance to fester below the gumline for hours and hours.

My gum pockets have decreased in size since I've used the water flosser. My dental hygienist says it's probably the best thing to use to get rid of the bacteria under the gum line that eventually causes the pockets.

DH and I stopped using ours, just slowly got out of the habit. We had the ones with the reservoir and long tubing also, it is kind of a pain.
Will need to investigate the newer ones.
I do love it when I use it, though. Need to restart the habit of using it again, instead of just gathering dust!

Mine lasted 10 years and only cost 25. I bought a replacement 2 years ago and still going strong.

My wife has used one for years and liked it. They don't hold up more than 3-4 years in daily use, though. I think she uses it once a day.

About 6 years ago I bought a Panasonic EW-1211A rechargeable portable water flosser because I’d heard it was a relatively quiet unit compared to non-portable water flossers. Stopped using it because the reservoir was so small. Now it doesn’t recharge anymore.

I'm on my 2nd WaterPik in over a decade of owning one, they don't seem to have a longevity issue for me. They are great and a big part of why my teeth and gums get praise from the dentist when I visit. They were able to tell immediately when I first stared using it. I make sure to use it every day before bed.

Every evening after flossing, before brushing, for me. We've several, and I've replaced the hand held units with coiled hose several times, also a little thin flapper about 1/4" in diameter under the hose attachment point. One screw. Easy. Bought part from manufacturer cheap.

Back
Top Bottom