My first Honda

greg

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Something only a northerner could appreciate:

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ModelDetail.asp?ModelName=hs1132tas

I purchased this thing last spring for less that half the price listed above. This morning I took it out for my first real test drive:

I got behind the steering wheel handlebars and noticed the nice lay out of the dash control panel. It had a gas gauge built right into the gas tank, which is nice because of the many times with my other machines when I’ve run out of gas far, far from home on the sidewalk. I decided to take it for a long spin up the old Northshore Hwy #61, thru the esses, gunning my way down the straightaways, and high balling it around corners down the driveway. It purred, rumbled, and roared did pretty well as I learned what kind of machine I really had. I went around my first corner at too high of a speed 1 MPH and lost control of the front end hit some frozen sod, but recovered quickly as learned what this baby was capable of. I got a little braver and took’er up to top speed 2 ½ MPH where she really showed what she could do. Man, what a machine! It’s performance was unbelievable. Wow! Wow, again! Can that baby throw snow. It’s an ex-hippie’s Yuppie’s dream machine.

I took her back home to the garage, chugging along in high gear letting the torque do all the work, rhythmically chugging up and down the hills the driveway. I turned the key to off and just smiled: This isn’t a snow blower, it’s a Hummer.

--Greg

PS this report was severly edited by one of the moderators due to racy wads of snow blown forty feet in any direction I wanted it to be blown. PSS It's alright for a snowblower but not worth anything close to the list price. PM me for real information if you have any interest in one.

Greg,

Read this post in April 2006. Then you'll begin to appreciate my feelings towards snow. 8)

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
Something only a northerner could appreciate:

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/ModelDetail.asp?ModelName=hs1132tas

I purchased this thing last spring for less that half the price listed above.  This morning I took it out for my first real test drive:

I got behind the steering wheel handlebars and noticed the nice lay out of the dash control panel.  It had a gas gauge built right into the gas tank, which is nice because of the many times with my other machines when I’ve run out of gas far, far from home on the sidewalk.  I decided to take it for a long spin up the old Northshore Hwy #61, thru the esses, gunning my way down the straightaways, and high balling it around corners down the driveway.  It purred, rumbled, and roared did pretty well as I learned what kind of machine I really had.  I went around my first corner at too high of a speed 1 MPH and lost control of the front end hit some frozen sod, but recovered quickly as learned what this baby was capable of.  I got a little braver and took’er up to top speed 2 ½ MPH where she really showed what she could do.  Man, what a machine!  It’s performance was unbelievable.  Wow!  Wow, again!  Can that baby throw snow.  It’s an ex-hippie’s Yuppie’s dream machine.

I took her back home to the garage, chugging along in high gear letting the torque do all the work, rhythmically chugging up and down the hills the driveway.  I turned the key to off and just smiled:  This isn’t a snow blower, it’s a Hummer.

--Greg

PS  this report was severly edited by one of the moderators due to racy wads of snow blown forty feet in any direction I wanted it to be blown.  PSS  It's alright for a snowblower but not worth anything close to the list price.  PM me for real information if you have any interest in one.

In spite of living most of my life in snow country, I only ever owned one
snowthrower. It was a Toro, 5 HP I think. Had it a long time and it was
one of the most reliable machines I ever owned. My ex. got it. Anyway,
I no longer use a snowblower, nor do I sweep, nor do I shovel.
God put it there and if you wait long enough he will take it away.
We just drive over it.

JG

Cut-Throat said:
Greg,

Read this post in April 2006. Then you'll begin to appreciate my feelings towards snow. 8)

Yeah, but . . . it sure beats walking around on a board on the water. ;)

Apocalypse . . .um . . .SOON said:
Yeah, but . . . it sure beats walking around on a board on the water. ;)
I served my snowblower time. I'm a lot happier when the water's NOT frozen.

Over a foot of snow today, clear the driveway, put on the snowshoes, get the dog, we're gone into the Back Country.

Two years ago my husband decided to sell the dumptruck with his plow, he made enough on that heap of junk to buy himself a nice big Simplicity Snowblower... he loves it!! and I love haven't one less vehicle to register and insure.

Two years ago, we got a brand spanking new snowblower.  Up to then, we had been shoveling a fairly big driveway space.  Well, we finally got a really big snow, and we were just waiting for the snow to let up so my husband could power up his new toy & take care of it all.  Then, all of a sudden we heard some kind of loud motor, only to look outside and see our neighbor with his little tractor-plow clearing off our driveway!  How do you say thanks, but go away - this is OUR snow:confused:   :-*

Now he knows we have the hardware...

CJ

cj said:
Then, all of a sudden we heard some kind of loud motor, only to look outside and see our neighbor with his little tractor-plow clearing off our driveway! How do you say thanks, but go away - this is OUR snow:confused: :-*

Now he knows we have the hardware...

CJ

OMG this happened to me :eek: Thinking I was being helpful to our new neighbors (up from Da Bronx) I started to plow their driveway. I didn't know they had just bought a new snow blower and were chomping at the bit to giver 'er a spin. The guy threw up the sash and hollered "Limme alone!" Thats metro for "Thank you anyway but I'd prefer to do it myself". :LOL:

Best neighbors ever. Now we have a contest to see who can do the other guys driveway first. I confess sometimes I let him win... just to be neighborly.

Our neighbor takes care of the snow removal in our driveway. He is a great guy and I think he enjoys doing it. All it costs me is a few dozen cookies and the debt is paid.

LL

We had a really bad blizzard back in February of '03 that dumped about 2 feet on us. Soon after that my uncle bought a snowblower. We haven't had any significant snow since then! ::) We'll get maybe 3-4 inches and he'll go out and use the thing to clear the driveway, just to give him a chance to play with it.

I'd have no use for one because I have a gravel driveway and no sidewalks, so all I have to clear is a path across the deck, 5 or 6 steps, and the concrete stoop down at the bottom.

We used to have a neighbor years ago who had an old Willys Jeep with a Chevy 350 in it and a plow on front. After a serious snowstorm he'd come around and clear everybody's driveway for us. Never wanted anything in return...just the type of guy he was!

I have a couple of snowblowers.  One at the house (came with it) and the other at the cabin.  

The cabin has a 12 hp two stage Ariens with chains on the tires.  I have about 150 feet of gravel drive to clear when we get up there so I need t "beast" to help with that.  For snow less than 6-8 inches, I use my ATV with a plow on the front.  As long as I can find room to move it I can use it.  After the snow piles get over a few feet high I have to move to the snowblower.

The one at the house is an older two stage Honda.  I does fine for the driveway at the house. We have a side entry garage so the driveway will hold a lot of snow and I have to move it quite a distance to get it away from the house and the garage doors.  

The neighbors on each side and I all take turns with clearing the sidewalks. They both have teenage boys and I rarely have to take care of that anymore. I guess it is sort of a "guy" thing with power equipment. :D

SteveR said:
I have a couple of snowblowers. One at the house (came with it) and the other at the cabin.

The cabin has a 12 hp two stage Ariens with chains on the tires. I have about 150 feet of gravel drive to clear when we get up there so I need t "beast" to help with that. For snow less than 6-8 inches, I use my ATV with a plow on the front. As long as I can find room to move it I can use it. After the snow piles get over a few feet high I have to move to the snowblower.

The one at the house is an older two stage Honda. I does fine for the driveway at the house. We have a side entry garage so the driveway will hold a lot of snow and I have to move it quite a distance to get it away from the house and the garage doors.

The neighbors on each side and I all take turns with clearing the sidewalks. They both have teenage boys and I rarely have to take care of that anymore. I guess it is sort of a "guy" thing with power equipment. :D

I love it: multiple ways of attacking the snow. And not one mention of the dreaded "shovel." I hope your perfect winter continues :D until spring.

I think I understand how you guys feel-- it was 69 degrees here this morning.

I'm impressed a big block chevy snow blower.
But what's with the 10 bolt rear?

Nords said:
I think I understand how you guys feel-- it was 69 degrees here this morning.

Wimp! It got down to 40 at my house! Those harsh San Diego winters, I tell you!

Laurence said:
Wimp!  It got down to 40 at my house!  Those harsh San Diego winters, I tell you!
Well, it was 68 this morning, so extrapolating that trend implies that in a few short months it'll be snowing here...

Come to think of it, the last time I wore jeans & sweatshirts was in San Diego!

It's been getting cold even in Phoenix. We've had a couple of nights where it got down to mid- to high- 30's. Brrrrrrrrrrr. This weekend on the two coldest nights this year I went out (~1200 feet higher elevation than Phoenix) doing some archaeology site monitoring work and camped out in sub-freezing whether. Brrrrrrrrr. Brrrrrrrrr. I'm glad to be back home in my warm bed tonight. :)

MRGALT2U said:
In spite of living most of my life in snow country, I only ever owned one
snowthrower. It was a Toro, 5 HP I think. Had it a long time and it was
one of the most reliable machines I ever owned. My ex. got it. Anyway,
I no longer use a snowblower, nor do I sweep, nor do I shovel.
God put it there and if you wait long enough he will take it away.
We just drive over it.

JG
Something like this? Almost 10 years - no maintenance. However, it can't get throw it up like Greg's and Steve's. :(
DSCN0196.jpg

Back
Top Bottom