My truck was broken into yesterday...

If your truck had been locked, the thief might have smashed out a window, so maybe you saved yourself a glass repair. When I was working downtown a freeway spur was demolished near my parking ramp, leaving behind a pile of concrete rubble. Immediately, the number of smash-and-grab car break-ins in the ramp multiplied. The highway department had left behind a handy pile of Stone-Age window-breaking tools.

A co-worker at a small town where I worked walked home from a late shift to find a guy sitting in the passenger seat of his parked car. Steve tried to rouse the guy, who was very drunk, and he started getting belligerent so Steve called the cops.

After officers pulled the guy out of the car, Steve noticed that the glove compartment had been rifled and the contents scattered all around. The drunk's only statement was, "My name is (name redacted), and that's all I'm gonna say."

Eventually the guy sobered up and explained his motivation for messing with the car: he wanted a cigarette and was looking in the car for some matches. While he was looking he apparently passed out.

Last night, before bed I checked the garage as I do regularly. Stupid me forgot to close the garage door when I drove home at suppertime.
Fortunately nothing was stolen.. that I know of.

Otherwise I'd have a different post here. :facepalm:

My wife has a garden out by the road, there is a sidewalk between her garden and the road.

Yesterday, I was unloading a door from our van and my wife was in the backyard doing yard stuff. We both heard voices and my wife came running, she's leery of her garden, people have stolen her fresh bounty before. As she got close enough to see, she saw the guy had a bunch of greens sticking out from a box on his bike. She ran out to her garden and saw a hole where they had plucked a Vadalia onion. She ran back to get her keys. I decided to go with her, she chased them down on their bikes and yelled you have my Onion. The guys said, I'm sorry as he opened a box that had 4 or 5 big packages of meat from Winn Dixie. She ask, do you have the receipt for that? He said, "no, it's day old, they gave it to us, it's still good."

We went to the store reported it, ask if they give away old meat, they don't, we showed them a picture of the guy. They had no interest. I know they have cameras in the store, they got video of thief that stole my bike. Anyway she got the onion, she replanted it. F*#&ing thieves. Just because it's easy doesn't mean you can make it yours!

Back
Top Bottom