Shoe Inserts do they really work

I developed arch pain about 20 years ago that drastically cut down my walking. I got orthopedic inserts and they made a major difference. Over the years I go back and get more (I wait long enough for insurance to cover them) so now I have them for every shoe I regularly wear. They last a long time.

I have plantar fascitis as well and have used both custom fitted as well as off the shelf. Both worked equally well.

This will sound crazy, but on a recent trip to NW Florida beaches I found that walking barefoot on the sand seemed to help.

I have special inserts for making the shoe sole more rigid and they have really helped in the shoes I walk long distances. I was having some pain in my right foot that the podiatrist diagnosed as too much flexion. Not custom inserts though. Got a pair from the podiatrist and bought another pair online. Around $28.

Similar story for DW... she has planter fasciitis and got expensive custom inserts and they worked wonders.

My doc told me to get the super feet inserts for my fascitis and they worked great in combination with the stretching exercises I was given to do. They have a myriad of types depending on your foot type. Don’t need to do the exercises anymore. Nevertheless , if the doc says get custom ones it would be worth the money to me.

I have plantar fascitis as well and have used both custom fitted as well as off the shelf. Both worked equally well.

This will sound crazy, but on a recent trip to NW Florida beaches I found that walking barefoot on the sand seemed to help.

I found that hiking on up and down and terrain or bicycling every day helped me. For pt I think a lot of it is getting your calf / back of the lower leg muscles stretched out.

I spent almost 15 years working for a small manufacturer of custom foot orthotics that supplies some of the largest VA hospitals. We took the electronic scans, plaster casts or biofoam impressions from podiatrists, etc and custom milled the prescription orthotics. IF you want to try a custom fitted support PM me and I can relay a website where you can see what choices they have and be sent the biofoam casting box along with directions for taking your foot mold and get a pair of devices for less than $110 - They come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee

I am no longer affiliated with this company but would trust them with my own feet!

PS: Mods if this post violates any rules please delete!

Got fitted for the custom inserts , now some questions he answered .

How long are the inserts good for ( as long as your body doesn't change . Your body changes a lot in one year one to two years most for the inserts.

Shoes No sketchers or Nike , he liked Merrills also liked SAS . Go to a shoe store to get professionally fitted. Explained how to fit yourself for a shoe.

Happy Feet , Happy Feet have only certain molds . They could work for some but could be a waste of time and money compared to custom.

He has a few Astros in inserts and some Rockets almost all baseball pitchers have to have inserts.

He hopes with the inserts that I will never need the ankle brace .

I will get them in two weeks , it will take 6 days to break in .

bla bla bla 238.00 . he would not negotiate !

When I first had Plantar Fasciitis, my chiropractor actually told me walk in the sand on the beach to help it. So not crazy that you felt that it helped.

When I was a teenager, I had foot problems. I didn't care for the orthodic inseerts. So I had a last of my foot made and custom shoes with built in arch supports made.

Johnston Murphy in Nashville has pockets holding customer's foot lasts, and they too make customs for customers.

Saw a foot doc and few years back and got inserts ... took a few weeks but my pain went away...

Well worth the money.

I am surprised at the number of folks here who are reporting foot problems.

Now I feel like a lucky person after never having anything go wrong with my feet, and that's after about 15 years of long distance running (earlier age) and miles and miles of walking at a later age. Throw in years of competitive baseball and softball also. :)

Maybe my "day" is coming to join this group?

My DW's toes are starting to move in different directions and is using some sort of gell things between her bad toes. Plus, about 10 years ago she had her two bunions removed (ouch!).

Long time lurker here. Don't laugh that this is my first post, but reading this forum has been so helpful to me over the years, so I thought I would share my recommendation for inserts.

I have worn Heel That Pain inserts for many years and they have definitely helped with PF issues. I wear the full length inserts and they provide more cushioning that some of the other inserts I tried.

Update on the Orthotics

Ok about 3 weeks ago I asked the question on custom orthotics . So far so good . One of the members on this forum sent me a private message on a manufacturer of orthotics he worked for .

I got them after Thanksgiving , I usually do a fast walk 4 miles every other day previously after that my right ankle was a PITA . Now minor pain but is receding . These custom orthotics were one third the cost of custom made here in Houston . Shipped to my door 30 day warranty .

If anyone thinks shoe inserts could help them contact this company . They will talk directly to you , send you the form boxes , explain how to use them . *****

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom