Sports Car - Audi or BMW

BMW is not good in the snow. I drove one in the Iowa winters for five or so years, would not do it again. I do recommend the Lexus IS 250 sport drive model. I had this one and really liked it. I sold it because I needed something older folks could get in and out of more easily.

I recall first putting the top down in my Vette ca 1970. It was early March and we had to run the heater full blast.
Not sure running the heater full blast will help much with the top down in cold weather but I'm sure you figured that out, eventually, even as a young guy. :)

Last edited:
I had the same reaction to the Tesla M3 on a regular test drive but with a longer overnight test drive I adjusted to it. As another poster pointed out, the speedo reading is intelligently located within the massive center screen for me it turned out to be a matter of learning something new vs. being inherently worse or dangerous. Same thing with one pedal driving, except in that case once you adjust, it's clearly superior to standard two pedal. FWIW, I didn't end up buying the M3.

I drove a friend's M3 and while it was interesting, the center-mounted display is an instant disqualifier for me. No way to I want to move my eyes that far from the road just to check speed or some other simple thing. IMO it is not just annoying; it is dangerous.

Some of the Teslas have an airplane style yoke. Another dangerous thing IMO. Turning an airplane is fundamentally different from turning a car. A yoke is fine for an airplane and a wheel for a car. But not the other way around.

The low center of gravity and power of an electric do have some performance advantages but I would never compromise my safety or the safety of my passengers by accepting a centered display or a yoke for steering.

Back
Top Bottom