SW Florida get-together, 2018 version

March.

And if you leave now, redduck....you'd probably be able to attend this year's festivities. :LOL:

omni

Plus could you pick up Meadbh it is just a little out of your way ?

Thanks for the invite. But, this ankle bracelet thing doesn't come off until October--which is not necessarily a bad thing: I still have about 70 hours of the 2018 Winter Olympics to watch.
If I were allowed to leave the house, I would be happy to pick up Meadbth, but I'm not sure where Canada is. Hmnn, maybe I could leave if I told the court I had to see my doctor. And, then I could drive around until I found Canada.

Last edited:
Hey Hey, just now seeing this ..... DW and I would like to join in on this ..... We are in Ft Myers ...... Do you have the details worked out

If he swings through the north side of Houston, I could be his co-pilot for the rest of the trip. :D

One other suggestion: you might want to pick up my buddy, aja8888 on your way to Canada. He's a great conversationalist and he knows a lot of stuff. Below is an example of what I am talking about:

Expanded polystyrene (made with a blowing agent) releases the blowing agent (gas) when you put it in the toaster. So what you end up with is non-expanded polystyrene!

One other suggestion: you might want to pick up my buddy, aja8888 on your way to Canada. He's a great conversationalist and he knows a lot of stuff. Below is an example of what I am talking about:

You know, Duck, I'm considering making that piece of trivia my new signature line.....;)

I have found using the site whenisgood.net useful in trying to schedule things like this.

An easy way to find out when everyone is free for your next meeting or event.

1. Click the grid for all the times that are good for you - you get a link to email to your invitees.
  2. They see your proposed times and click on when they are free.
  3. You visit your results page and see when everyone can do.
No sign-up form. No password to choose. No fuss at all.

-gauss

Last edited:
^ ^ ^
Sorry to interrupt you here gauss, but...

You know, Duck, I'm considering making that piece of trivia my new signature line.....;)

Great idea!!! But, you're too late!!!;) (And, you're getting no credit). :facepalm:

Well, aja8888, you know that old saying...

......."Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." --

Well, aja8888, you know that old saying...

......."Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face." --

Looks like the Duck prevails here.....have fun in Florida (and Canada). BTW, FYI, Canada is just north of Texas.:)

Date, Time and Location Announcement

OK, gang... looks like we'll have a good-sized group attending. :greetings10:

Mark your calendars:

Let's meet on Fri, March 30 at 1:30pm*

509 N Tamiami Trl
Venice, FL 34285

* I'm hoping a slightly later lunch might allow us to linger and chat a bit without annoying the waitstaff by tying up a table or two.

As it gets closer to the 30th, I'll ask for a final nose count here, so we know how many to expect.

omni

PS: Harley, hope you can make it, too. :greetings10:

Thank you omni550 for arranging and being patient. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

OK, gang... looks like we'll have a good-sized group attending. :greetings10:

Mark your calendars:

Let's meet on Fri, March 30 at 1:30pm*

509 N Tamiami Trl
Venice, FL 34285

* I'm hoping a slightly later lunch might allow us to linger and chat a bit without annoying the waitstaff by tying up a table or two.

As it gets closer to the 30th, I'll ask for a final nose count here, so we know how many to expect.

omni

PS: Harley, hope you can make it, too. :greetings10:

Thanks omni. I'll lean on the workmen and try to get them to finish up by Thursday. If not, have a good time.

Hi,

I am a long time lurker who recently joined to attend this event. This site has been a big help to me and I am looking forward to meeting some of the ER folks in the area.

Hi,

I am a long time lurker who recently joined to attend this event. This site has been a big help to me and I am looking forward to meeting some of the ER folks in the area.

Welcome sarasotacycler,
Looking forward to meeting you. See you in 5 days.:greetings10:

Hi,

Awesome. Look forward to meeting you. :greetings10:

omni

Just fyi, it's not looking good for me. I hope y'all have a great time, though. And don't forget, poidh!

Back
Top Bottom