The vet, the operation and the old dog...

Funny how dogs become such a big part of our lives... Maybe more so as we get older.
Nothing funny at all to us. Our dogs have been as important to us as any of our friends, we spent more time with our dogs. Dogs ARE family. All four of ours were different, but we treasure(d) every day we had with ours.

Love this thread! Glad the surgery went well
:D

Wishing Dusty and speedy and uneventful recovery!:greetings10:

What a great photo!

My last Border Collie would collect 3 or 4 sticks in his mouth, and when I told him he'd have to drop one if he wanted me to throw it, he'd juggle them all around with his tongue and spit out the one that he least wanted to keep hold of. :LOL:

Awwww, beautiful dog. Hope Dusty's recovery goes well.

+1

And, yes i talk to my dogs and cats often. It does seem to both calm them, making anything we need to do for them, such as medications as they age, easier for them to accept, as well as actually improve their vocabulary as they definitely pick up on a word or two here and there.

My last Border Collie would collect 3 or 4 sticks in his mouth, and when I told him he'd have to drop one if he wanted me to throw it, he'd juggle them all around with his tongue and spit out the one that he least wanted to keep hold of. [emoji23]
We've never owned Boders but our last two neighbors owned some.

The one fellow had a right hand drive Jeep Wrangler he used for his mail route. On his days off the dog often rode shotgun.

First time I passed the dog driving down the road I was surprised. Knowing the dog I was OK with it; after all he had his master with him.

Glad to hear everything went fine and she is back home. Wishing her a speedy recovery. She is a pretty girl!

The vet called and said the biopsy revealed the tumor was a non aggressive form of cancer. He's confident he got it all. As far as I am concerned Dusty is a cancer survivor.

I guess the old gal is like me pretty banged up.. we both still enjoy a treat. Her a denta stick, me a smokey single malt. A reminder to enjoy each day.

Last edited:
The vet called and said the biopsy revealed the tumor was a non aggressive form of cancer. He's confident he got it all. As far as I am concerned Dusty is a cancer survivor.

I guess the old gal is like me pretty banged up.. we both still enjoy a treat. Her a denta stick, me a smokey single malt. A reminder to enjoy each day.

Excellent news!! :)

Glad to hear all went well. Lucy and I wish you the best!

Back
Top Bottom