Walmart Associate Delivery

The employee themselves showing up with delivery does not concern me any more than the pizza guy, the 3rd party shippers that even amazon uses for last mile, or any of those pop up delivery services (instacart, etc). No less worry than an uber driver.

I hope the employees are being properly compensated, that all deliveries are being tracked, and that no employee is feeling pressured to participate, particularly since "on my way home" can mean adding 20 mins to a commute quite easily. If it's an easy opt in-out for them, then win-win?

Im more worried about the food delivery guy that comes every other Monday night to my poker game. I know he thinks he sees a bunch of old men with money in front of them and says to himself they are easy marks (especially the fat bald guy thats always sweating.) That would be me hahahah

Last edited:
For those of you worried about the Walmart employees, I was at the Walmart shareholders meeting Friday when this was announced in front of thousands of employees and it received a very positive response. I think people like the idea of being able to make extra money on their way home and be part of a competitive advantage over Amazon.

For those of you worried about the Walmart employees, I was at the Walmart shareholders meeting Friday when this was announced in front of thousands of employees and it received a very positive response. I think people like the idea of being able to make extra money on their way home and be part of a competitive advantage over Amazon.

i think its a fabulous idea

I buy a lot of items online. If this delivery idea of Walmart cuts down on all the boxes and packing material I receive with each delivery item I usually get from Amazon, I'm all for it.

I have no problem with the concept, but agree that the execution may be tricky. As others have noted, Wal-Mart has trouble even processing ship-to-store orders quickly and accurately. In addition, Wal-Mart's customer service is terrible compared to Amazon. You really have to read the fine print when ordering on WM's website. If the item is sold by a third party, WM takes zero responsibility for it. We ordered some holiday ornaments from WM last year. It took 2-3 months to get credited for items we promptly returned, and we weren't credited the full amount we should have been. Stark contrast to Amazon; they make everything right ASAP in our experience. Still, at least WM realizes they need to compete with Amazon. Many other retailers don't seem to "get" this.

Funny how this thread has stayed with the sub-plot of Wal Mart facing an existential threat from Amazon. Not long ago, it would have been all about the Mom-and-Pop stores downtown that were put out of business by Wal Mart!

I buy a lot at Wal Mart. And a lot on Amazon. I don't see either one losing my business to the other.

Wal Mart carries the vast majority of the stuff I need day to day. Amazon carries the vast majority of stuff I can't buy at WM. Amazon is usually cheaper than other specialty retailers, both on-line and brick-and-mortar. But there is a premium for the "free" shipping, so it doesn't make sense to buy everything from them.

Back
Top Bottom