What did you do today? 2017 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I bought my first three ounces of Gold. I plan to do it again weekly throughout the summer up to about 35 ounces...the fallback plan for my fallback plan.

(Edit: I just realized that today is also my three-year retirement anniversary - 7-11-14 was the day!) :clap:
Congratulations on the anniversary!

We went for an early walk(6:00am) around the neighborhood this morning. Seems to help DW with early morning anxiety.

A few hundred yards from the house and a large doe is standing in front of us. I thought it might have fawns, but it disappeared into the scrub oak before we saw them.

A while further a big black bear was lumbering away from us through the neighborhood. He was a speedster, as long as he was running away! As we went around the corner he was stil cutting through back yards! He found open space and ran up a hill.

As we came around toward home another, doe was watching us.

FB_IMG_1499797903301.jpg

I returned 2 days ago from our epic west coast college tour/vacation. Along the way we toured 9 universities, shared in a friends wedding vow renewal, visited friends in San Francisco, Berkeley, Portland, and Bainbridge Island. Went white water rafting on the Rogue River. Ziplined above Pinot grapes in Paso Robles... and put a LOT of miles on a rental mini van.

Yesterday I did laundry. A lot of laundry. Also started tackling the weeds in the yard. (Unlike Fedup - we came home to giant weeds AND giant zucchini)

Today I took the boys to Spiderman. And now I need to weed some more.

Installed 50 inch TV on wall in bedroom, hooked up Directv to it and unified the remotes.

Nice, instant house! :cool:

It's on stilts too. Floridian neighbors must be envying.

When I was in the Florida Keys some years ago, I stayed at a nice motel that was entirely on stilts. The owner said the old property was ruined after a hurricane (Andrew?), and he did not want to rebuild it after another future storm.

Last edited:
Yesterday - my granddaughter is the starting pitcher for our local high school and last night was their last game. Heat index 103. They lost, but played a great game against a really good team. She pitched a great game. Another softball season in the books. She will be a senior next year, so she has one year left.

Brewed 6 gallons of a saison style ale with the Dupont yeast... it's now fermenting at 66F.

Attachments

• tmp_30326-IMG_20170712_161430369-1954755164.jpg
    tmp_30326-IMG_20170712_161430369-1954755164.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 27
Spent the 4th visiting relatives in western ND. On the way home I saw this field of canola in bloom. If you buy canola oil it comes from pressing the seeds of these plants.

No such thing as a field of "canola." It's called rapeseed. "Canola" is a name made up by marketing people in Canada in the 1970's.

Perhaps the word "rapeseed" suffers from similar PR issues as the word "niggardly?"

Don't mean to rag on you too much. Beautiful field of yellow blooms! :)

Gym day, then a minor grocery run. Later on we took an old dresser that was DW's grandfather's, then passed on to her father, and it then arrived in our basement were it stayed for several years. No one in the family wanted it but we couldn't bring ourselves to throw it out since it is in fairly good condition and is made of oak. That thing is heavy!

DW finally found a guy who works at her hairdresser's shop who said he wanted it so when he got off work we put it in the pickup truck and drove it to his place 10 minutes away. He seemed very grateful to have it and several times asked if we wanted any money for it, we declined. We're just as happy giving it away to someone who will use it rather than throwing it out which is what would probably have happened anyway.

Last edited:
Visited the grandchildren yesterday. Something new this time - they painted my fingernails. Certainly a different experience.

We are having our house painted . Well the idiot painters stuck a rag in the dispatch drain for the air conditioner . It turned off the air conditioner and almost ruined the unit . I had such high hopes for them but they are idiots .(expensive idiots )

We are having our house painted . Well the idiot painters stuck a rag in the dispatch drain for the air conditioner . It turned off the air conditioner and almost ruined the unit . I had such high hopes for them but they are idiots .(expensive idiots )

I'm having the same kind of issues with my painter. Every time it starts raining he stops and drinks some beer instead of painting. :facepalm: But he is very cheap! :LOL:

It just started raining. Wait! I hear a beer calling me now! :D (I'll post a picture when it stops raining.)

Today my husband cleaned the second fridge, while holding up the glass shelf, it disintegrated, so many pieces fall on the floor. Some vacuuming had to be done, not once but twice. So we managed to clean our kitchen by accident.
In the afternoon, I went to Home Depot to get more pieces of wood for my trellis.
Then we decided to take my old Ford Explorer for a ride, don't want it to be idle too long. We went to see more new homes with view, particular one story home with a big master bedroom on the first floor. Still thinking whether we should take the plunge or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom