What does lawn mowing cost in your area?

~ $28 / weekly cut.

Size ~ 2/3 Acre or (28,000 sq feet).

This includes the bi-weekly edging.

Note trimmings are not bagged, but left on the grass. Is mulched still the correct term for this?

-gauss

Last edited:
$45 for the occasionally cut, trim and blow. Clippings are not collected. It's a little bigger than a 1/3 acre lot because we're next to park land which we choose to maintain (that's what everyone does that's got this extra adjacent land).

But it would come to more like $100 if you count my time and effort plus replacement parts to repair the irrigation system damage the edger does every time our guy gets a new helper. :facepalm:

Lawn? What lawn?

Quite a few years ago, when my children got to teenage years and stopped playing with the swingset, I stopped watering for the lawn to die, then spreaded gravel over it. Front and back yards.

No more lawn mowing, fertilizing, and wasting water for me here in the arid Southwest. I use enough water as it is for the swimming pool, and my wife still overwaters her vegetable garden.

From a cross sector of where you live, it seems to be consistent with a range of 25 to 40 bucks a time, in comparison to size and what is done. I was sure to fine results a lot higher price for the job then what I found out.

Last edited:
From a cross sector of where you live, it seems to be consistent with a range of 25 to 40 bucks a time, in comparison to size and what is done. I was sure to fine results a lot higher price for the job then what I found out.

Are you saying that lawn service is cheaper than you expected?

I think that any economist will tell you that the 'unskilled labor' market is the closest thing out there to an 'ideal' market. As such, I would expect a high degree of competition in this area.

-gauss

For a lot that size , Mow and Blow, would be about $ 40mo. for twice a mo. service in LA High cost of living area but an abundance of low cost lawn services.

One shot mow, $25-30

For full service , weeding, fertilizer 2x per year, etc about $60 a mo. in these here parts.

Are you saying that lawn service is cheaper than you expected?

I think that any economist will tell you that the 'unskilled labor' market is the closest thing out there to an 'ideal' market. As such, I would expect a high degree of competition in this area.

-gauss

Yes, I expected maybe 40 to 50 bucks a cutting/weed eating. If there is a lot of competition then you are right the price would come down and stay lower.

Gotta love living in Mexico. Expats I know living with other gringos in gated community said that hired help is easy to find. One retired family has a housekeeper, landscaper, driver and are living the good life.

FYI, we do not live in a gated community. We live in the village; workers at our home during the updating of two homes here since 2008, live nearby, walk home for their siesta, etc.

Not a fan of gated communities....not in MEX, not in US.

Southeast Virginia:
When my lawn mower needed repair, I had someone for a couple or three weeks cut and weed-eat $45 a cut. 3/4 of an acre but since all trees are in beds it's an easy cut and takes about 45 minutes max. It's the bed work that is the most time consuming.

I enjoy cutting my yard and use the mower in the fall to get the leaves up as well. It's not just about grass cutting for me. It's also about leaves and keeping my yard free of tree stick and leaf debris.

As Lakewood mentioned, $40 for twice a month in LA.

I own 3 homes, 2 I take care of myself. Takes an hour a week to do both.

The other one a tenant cares for. So no more gardeners for now.

Back
Top Bottom