What is going on with Charles Schwab????

FREE866

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I've been a client of theirs for almost 20 years and I don't want to sound like a drama king/queen , but is this company going out of business? I'm actually starting to think that. Their chat service is non existent. When you call you wait forever. Last night, all my accounts were not visible and today I can't even access the damn site---anyone on here work for them or know someone who does?

Schwab customer service: 800-435-9050

Press 3, followed by your 8-digit account number.

Schwab customer service: 800-435-9050

Press 3, followed by your 8-digit account number.

thx, but problem is I can't access site and don't have my account number. I was able to access the site on the app fortunately, but still--this company needs to get their sh** together.

From January to April all providers are queued for phone support.

I'm seriously considering moving a substantial sum of money from Fidelity to Schwab because of Fidelity's poor customer service.

Free866
Clear you cache on your browser. I was just able to log in to my account with no issues. And have not experienced the issues you describe with the website.

Up until this week, there was a standard message banner stating they were receiving a large volume of calls and wait times were long.

HTH,
Rita

All brokers are struggling with phone centers closed, reps working from home, etc. In addition, Schwab is in the process of integrating TDAmeritrade staff, offices, computer and reporting systems, and 11 million (!) customer names. I do not envy them the task. Here is the happy talk version: https://welcome.schwab.com/ but I doubt that anyone at Schwab is currently having any fun.

I just logged into Schwab with no issue - and my account is up so double the pleasure!

I've been on their site twice this morning with no problems...

I have no problem logging into Schwab or messaging in the chat window. It might take a while for the initial response. My rep responds to email too. Not going out of business either.

I needed to clear my cache to fix the site issue. Thank you Gotadimple. Chat feature used to be within a minute. Last week the message in the chat said "60 minute wait times". I also don't have a personal rep to call. I did for years, but he quit several months ago.

struggling with phone centers closed, reps working from home, etc. In addition, Schwab is in the process of integrating TDAmeritrade

+1

I believe this is the explanation for the problems.

Run virus scan. Make sure you're going the the REAL Charles Schwab site.

I have to say a few years ago they made a small error and without any complaints from me, they fixed the error and credited our account an additional $500. Was very much impressed!

No problems here, I use the "StreetSmart Edge" app for Win 10.

I've had no problems, online or otherwise. If you are in the 7 figure club, you can also get automatically routed to their "Pinnacle" staff (you should get an invite in the mail after you cross $1-1.5M in assets) if you call from the number your account is registered with, I don't think I've ever had a wait.

Maybe tough it out until the Pandemic is over? Amazon went through a really rough patch as well, and things seem to be better now.

I've had no problems, online or otherwise. If you are in the 7 figure club, you can also get automatically routed to their "Pinnacle" staff (you should get an invite in the mail after you cross $1-1.5M in assets) if you call from the number your account is registered with, I don't think I've ever had a wait.

Maybe tough it out until the Pandemic is over? Amazon went through a really rough patch as well, and things seem to be better now.

I'm def in the "7 figure club". Don't recall getting an invite though. Will call next week about that.Thx

I've been a client of theirs for almost 20 years and I don't want to sound like a drama king/queen , but is this company going out of business? I'm actually starting to think that. Their chat service is non existent. When you call you wait forever. Last night, all my accounts were not visible and today I can't even access the damn site---anyone on here work for them or know someone who does?

Schwab works fine - are you having a computer problem on your end? You might want to get PC support, could be a browser issue.

Don't you love the "your call is important to us". Yea right. :mad:

It's also tax season. I almost never need to call Schwab about anything, but have not experienced long wait times when I have. Been with Schwab for 28 years.

Back
Top Bottom