What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

It’s interesting to me that some people have issues with the language and some violence which to me are usually part of the story.
I personally get tired of the gratuitous sex scenes which add nothing to the story line.
To each their own as they say.

Yeah, I often fast-forward sex scenes. Blood and violence do not particularly bother me, but I also fast-forward fight scenes... The fight scenes in superhero/action type movies are usually waaaaaay toooooo looooong IMHO. (I don't fast-forward when DH is watching with me...) Profanity does not bother me at all.

Royal Flying Doctor Service (RFDS) on PBS Passport is entertaining us. A doctor from London relocates to Australia to start anew after some sort of falling out with her husband and joins the RFDS. Two episodes in and I like it.

Yeah, I often fast-forward sex scenes. Blood and violence do not particularly bother me, but I also fast-forward fight scenes... The fight scenes in superhero/action type movies are usually waaaaaay toooooo looooong IMHO. (I don't fast-forward when DH is watching with me...) Profanity does not bother me at all.

Don’t get me started on the graphic vomiting. :sick:

"Reyka" South African Crime thriller. Interesting concept, a little slow, but we watched all 8 episodes, predictable ending.

Getting started is the problem...gross I don't need to see anyone anywhere vomit...I only people I had to watch vomit in my real life were my two DD.

"Only Murders In The Building" on Hulu.

It's a mystery / comedy starring Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez. Two aging boomers (Martin & Short) team up with a younger woman (Gomez) to make a podcast about a murder in their Manhattan apartment building.

10 episodes in season one, and season two has already been green-lighted. Light and funny. We're halfway through the series and still haven't figured out who dun it.

BrianB

Last edited:
Do Britbox and Acorn have forced ads (like Passport)? Passport is ok, but the interface is pretty clumsy, often you can't skip recaps and intros when you binge watch and they always force some ad or sponsor acknowledgment, albeit usually a short one. I'm not a big fan of paying for subscription and then STILL having to endure ads. Yes, I know, technically it is a "donation", not a subscription.
No, no ads..

Has anybody watched One Lane Bridge (New Zealand detective/thriller/supernatural) on Acorn? Is it any good? I've just started watching EP1. I got the 30-day free trial of Acorn via Prime (Canada) - for the 2nd time.

Has anybody watched One Lane Bridge (New Zealand detective/thriller/supernatural) on Acorn? Is it any good? I've just started watching EP1. I got the 30-day free trial of Acorn via Prime (Canada) - for the 2nd time.

Yes seen both seasons. It is very watchable at sometimes a little slow. But good nevertheless. Worth trying.

I just cannot find anything decent to watch on Netflix (I have already watched the good ones like Crown and Queens Gambit) so I am going to drop my subscription to it and sign up for Acorn and Britbox.

BritBox 40% off deal expired on 11/19. I missed it! If anyone sees another good deal for this subscription, please post it here. Thanks.

Thanks REWahoo. I just signed up to get notices to any future posts to that thread.

+1000

This is one of my biggest pet peeves about TV and movies these days! I absolutely cannot fathom why so much movies and shows think that showing someone vomit onscreen, in graphic detail, is necessary. It is simply revolting! I can't think of a single good or helpful or interesting thing about it.

On the completely other end of the spectrum, I don't mind (and sometimes enjoy) watching sex scenes. And I have no problem with profanity, as long as it's not over the top to the point of being purely for shock value.

I couldn't find any recent mentions of it, so I wanted to say that Succession (currently in Season 3) is, IMHO, working its way onto the list of all-time greatest TV dramas. It has gone from "really good" in Season 1 to "great" in Season 2 to "one of the best ever, possibly" in Season 3. Highly recommended.

I couldn't find any recent mentions of it, so I wanted to say that Succession (currently in Season 3) is, IMHO, working its way onto the list of all-time greatest TV dramas. It has gone from "really good" in Season 1 to "great" in Season 2 to "one of the best ever, possibly" in Season 3. Highly recommended.

It's like watching a train wreck - really ugly but you can't look away. :)

DW watched it and said that’s a chunk of her life she’ll never get back. I skipped it because I just don’t get into paranormal stuff; I think it’s silly. Just one family’s opinion, YMMV.

Based on a friend's suggestion, we started watching "Ghosts." It is much needed lighthearted fun. We're only 2 episodes in. Only 1 on other person on this thread has mentioned it, so it may not be too popular.

This is free on CBS, or also available on Paramount+, which we're using since we didn't get the memo and are 8 or so episodes behind.

+1. I’m very sad the season is so short and will be over in a few weeks.

BritBox 40% off deal expired on 11/19. I missed it! If anyone sees another good deal for this subscription, please post it here. Thanks.

If you have a ROKU device, and therefore have ROKU channel, BritBox and Acorn have an introductory rate of $.99 per month for the first two months, then regular monthly pricing after the introductory rate is over. You may cancel either service just before the two month period is up and avoid the full monthly charge (assuming you want to cancel.) Britbox offer starts 11/23 and expires 11/29; Acorn offer starts today and ends 11/30.

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/lp/black-friday

Last edited:
Kamikazi on HBO Max (Danish TV series)

Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime (US TV series)

Back
Top Bottom