What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I just finished watching “The Offer” on Paramount Plus. 10 episodes. It’s based on the true story of the making of “The Godfather” by Albert Ruddy, the producer.
It was so interesting to see all of the obstacles that needed to be overcome to make one of the greatest movies of all time. Dealing with the NY Mafia, corporate honchos at Gulf and Western who were ready to close down or sell Paramount pictures due to losing money and the offbeat personalities of all involved in the making of this great film. The characters portrayed were great.
I would highly recommend this. I’m going to watch The Godfather again after this.

Watched "Code of a Killer" Excellent show (With Subtitles) about the first use of DNA profiling to solve a series of murders. Highly recommended.

Currently watching "Darkness, those who Kill" (Again with subtitles), another excellent show.

Although not a series, I recently watched There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane on HBO. Wow. Utterly gripping and haunting documentary about a woman who, inexplicably, drove a minivan full of kids headlong into oncoming traffic, killing eight people in the process. Hard to watch but incredibly fascinating and riveting. I'm still thinking about it days later.

We finished Doc Martin last night. A very nice final episode to complement a great series. It’ll be difficult to replace. Now I can cancel Acorn.

Finished the latest (last?) “Shetland” series on Britbox. Good detectives series are such a great way to get acquainted with remote and interesting parts of the UK.

Finished the latest (last?) “Shetland” series on Britbox. Good detectives series are such a great way to get acquainted with remote and interesting parts of the UK.

The series is continuing.

Douglas Henshall is departing the cast, and Ashley Jensen will be replacing him in the lead role.

Time will tell if this cast change works.

I watched Stonehouse on Brit Box.
Only 3 episodes total about a member of the English parliament who goes missing in 1974. Inspired by a true story. It was ok- not great but the story being true and not a huge time commitment made it worth watching.

Succession is one of the very best TV shows of the past 5-10 years. IMHO, it gets better and better with each season. Yes, it's filled with petty, miserable, uber-wealthy characters, but the writing and acting are absolutely top notch and the stories/plots are very entertaining. If you're anything like me, you will NOT get tired of these characters. ...

I recently finished Succession season 2 on HBO Max and agree that the writing and acting are excellent (too much profanity for my taste, but maybe that's the way modern urbanites actually talk :D ). My summary: humans are messy. Humans + money + power = very messy. :)

Finished The Wire for the second time. I’m cursed/blessed with a lousy memory so I didn’t remember many details from the first time I watched 15 hrs ago. Still one of the best, if not the best, TV series I’ve ever watched.

Although not a series, I recently watched There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane on HBO. Wow. Utterly gripping and haunting documentary about a woman who, inexplicably, drove a minivan full of kids headlong into oncoming traffic, killing eight people in the process. Hard to watch but incredibly fascinating and riveting. I'm still thinking about it days later.

I watched it years ago, but still am haunted by it. Those poor kids realizing what was happening. I still can’t figure out why she did that.

Sprung on Amazon Prime. One season of 9 episodes about 3 prisoners given early release due to pandemic. They stay with the mom of one. All funny, worrisome characters trying to figure out what’s next for each them at the start of a serious pandemic. It reminded me how far we’ve come from the early days of not having a clue how COVID was acquired and the crazy steps many of us (me too) took to avoid it. Very light, funny, lots of bad language but entertaining. If there’s a second season, I’ll be tuning in.

Finished The Wire for the second time. I’m cursed/blessed with a lousy memory so I didn’t remember many details from the first time I watched 15 hrs ago. Still one of the best, if not the best, TV series I’ve ever watched.

I saw The Wire 20 years ago, and think it was and still is one of the best TV series ever produced.

After reading your comment, it has reminded me to go back and watch it again.

Thank You!!

I saw The Wire 20 years ago, and think it was and still is one of the best TV series ever produced.

After reading your comment, it has reminded me to go back and watch it again.

Thank You!!

We got HBO for GoT and The Wire. Finished GoT, now in the first season of The Wire.

I'm not finding The Wire on Netflix or Prime. Where can I find season 1?

Just watched the first episode of the buzzy new series Poker Face on Peacock. Fantastic cast with many guest stars. NPR described it as being heavily influenced by Colombo and also parts route 66 and the fugitive. I think it’ll actually be a show my husband and I, who rarely agree on tv, can watch together.

Just finished Imposters on Netflix. Really enjoyed it!
Oh yeah. Excellent show. I wish they would restart it. One of the top three series I've seen in the past three years, if not THE best one.

The first episode of “poker face” is pretty good although it’s partially a setup for ensuing episodes . Produced by the guy who made knives out

Watching Rebecka Martinsson (Season 1 of 2) Norwegian crime show with a twist. Yes, it has subtitles, all the good ones do. Started a little slow, almost got the Ax, but is getting better.

We just watched a 6 part series on Netflix, The Snow Girl. Its a Spanish series, dubbed in English (very well, not distracting) about the disappearance of a 6 year old girl from a Christmas festival. The story follows the relentless pursuit of a newspaper reporter that will not give up on the case of the missing girl. The series takes place over nine years and the skipping between years does get a bit confusing at times. It is an interesting story and the reason for the disappearance is not what you would think.

We just watched a 6 part series on Netflix, The Snow Girl. Its a Spanish series, dubbed in English (very well, not distracting) about the disappearance of a 6 year old girl from a Christmas festival. The story follows the relentless pursuit of a newspaper reporter that will not give up on the case of the missing girl. The series takes place over nine years and the skipping between years does get a bit confusing at times. It is an interesting story and the reason for the disappearance is not what you would think.

I liked it.

Lots of good shows come from Spain. Money Heist. Locked Up

I watched the first two episodes of "Poker Face" on Peacock. Interesting concept, don't want to spoil it so I'll leave it at this-- A woman has an unusual gift. This gift can be used for good or for evil. Judging by the second episode it looks like she's going to use it to investigate crimes.

First episode was very good; second episode held my interest but wasn't as compelling as the first ep. I will try a couple more, when I get around to it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom