What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Watching some oldies. "Decline & Fall" Period Drama with come comedy. Only 3 parts. It is pretty good.

Next on the list is "Death Comes To Pemberley" seems like right up our alley. I am sure it is a typical British Police procedural.

Not new, but new to me: Mare of Easttown (2021 limited series).

I don't have HBO/Max, so I purchased and downloaded the series via Amazon. I've heard about Kate Winslet's performance for years, and the series certainly lives up to the hype.

I have one episode to go tonight; I can't wait to find out who dunnit!

I loved Mare of Easttown.

This winter I have watched 3.67 seasons of Joe Donovan (7 total seasons). I also watched the 1st season of The Wire and started season 2, thats the show I'm watching now. I'll get back to Donovan eventually.

A show I really like is Belgravia on mgm, I cant wait to get back to that one. There is also a new season of that show on now and I am recording it. I'm only on episode 3 of season 1.

I am nearing the end of my free 2 months of HBO and max with DTV and the reason I signed up for it this winter is to watch season 2 of The Gilded Age. So I now have that on dvr to watch. I adored season 1.

2 free months of HBO and max always seems to be available on my dtv account so we'll see if its available again after I cancel in 9 days.

We’re three episodes into “Blue Lights” on Britbox. Intense at times police drama set in Northern Ireland, focusing on the uniformed police instead of the detectives like so many other UK police procedurals. So far, it’s only getting better with each episode and there have been some great plot twists.

I’ve now seen 3 episodes, 3 more to go for season 1. It’s very good, also intense. Definitely not the typical police procedural or police rookie story.

Started "Trigger Point" Season 2, a great continuation of a UK Show set in London (My Home town) about a Bomb squad doing their stuff. Lots of action and drama.

Really an old series, but DW and I have recently been enjoying Good Witch on Netflix starring Catherine Bell who we liked on JAG.

Last edited:
Just finished watching Barbie (Max). What can I say? Momma always said...if you can"t say something nice, don't say anything. But momma would've had a really hard time keeping quiet about this mess of a movie. Can't belive it's up for Best Picture. No Stars.

I don't have HBO/Max, so I purchased and downloaded the series via Amazon. I've heard about Kate Winslet's performance for years, and the series certainly lives up to the hype.

I watch all Kate Winslet series or movies. If I see her name, I know it's a high-quality production, even an indie film or series.

Really an old series, but DW and I have recently been enjoying Good Witch on Netflix starring Catherine Bell who we liked on JAG.

We watched the entire series last year. It's a relaxing, feel-good show that has a nice pace to it.

Just finished watching Barbie (Max). What can I say? Momma always said...if you can"t say something nice, don't say anything. But momma would've had a really hard time keeping quiet about this mess of a movie. Can't belive it's up for Best Picture. No Stars.

Since we agree on a lot of things in this thread I will keep away from Barbie.

Just saw your post praising Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I agree. Can't wait to see what my favorite OCD curmudgeon has in store for this season.

We do like "Madame Blanc Mysteries" Season 3. Sleuth helps local Police in France catch the guilty. Somewhat whimsical, but entertaining, and even funny in some spots. Baldrich makes an appearance in later episodes.

Started "Reyka" season 2. South African police procedural, not as good as the UK ones, but watchable.

Last edited:
We watched the entire series last year. It's a relaxing, feel-good show that has a nice pace to it.

Good Witch is one of the few shoes I can watch with the grands and not have to worry about what they hear and see. I do wonder when these people do much actual work. They all seem to have businesses and jobs that run well without them having to do much actual work. IMO, that is the most powerful spell those Witchy Women have cast.

Good Witch is one of the few shoes I can watch with the grands and not have to worry about what they hear and see. I do wonder when these people do much actual work. They all seem to have businesses and jobs that run well without them having to do much actual work. IMO, that is the most powerful spell those Witchy Women have cast.
I watched all seasons of Good Witch when it originally ran on Hallmark. It seemed like Cassie usually just gave stuff away at her shop. Not sure how she could have earned much from that business. It was pleasantly entertaining.

Last edited:
I’ve now seen 3 episodes, 3 more to go for season 1. It’s very good, also intense. Definitely not the typical police procedural or police rookie story.

By some strange coincidence, we were also 3 episodes in about the same time as GalaxyBoy and MichaelB. It's certainly intense. We previously watched Season 2 of Irvine Welsh's Crime; that was very good too. Looking forward to Mr. Whicher next.

It was all filmed in the small town here in Canada where I lived at the time.. it was occasionally annoying as they took over the main street. The shop she "ran" is now a cheesemongers... :LOL:

Another "good" show is Heartland. Good family values, virtually no cursing.

Another "good" show is Heartland. Good family values, virtually no cursing.
Yes, I'm caught up through season 17. Just waiting for the next season, which will probably be later this year. It's pretty good and has an 8.5 rating on imdb.com

I mentioned this before, but the reason why I started watching it was because I caught the Christmas special "A Heartland Christmas" thinking it was a standalone Christmas movie unrelated to any series. I liked it but didn't realize it was based on the Heartland series until much later, because it was not an actual series episode. So, when I found that out, I started watching the series from the beginning.

Last edited:
Since we agree on a lot of things in this thread I will keep away from Barbie.

Just saw your post praising Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I agree. Can't wait to see what my favorite OCD curmudgeon has in store for this season.

Larry never fails to deliver...laughs as well as cringes. :LOL:

We're only up to season 9 so still have a ways to go.
By the way, the Christmas movie "A Heartland Christmas" fits into season 4, if you haven't seen it. There are some later episodes that are relevant to it. I recall they even did a flashback scene, maybe more than one, in a later episode that came from the Christmas movie.

Edit: Looks like that happens as early as season 8 (episode 9?) when there are episodes involving Pike River, and they return to the place they had stayed before.

Last edited:
I am watching Funny Woman. A young and very attractive gal wins a beauty contest and goes to London looking for work as a female comedian. Her beauty gets her a lot of attention from all the wrong men. It’s quite an entertaining show with plenty of really great supporting characters. Best of all, it’s on FAST.

FAST - Free Ad Supported Television

We just finished watching Funny Woman on PBS Passport. It started off a bit slow but by the 2nd episode we really enjoyed it. Gotta love the early-mid 60's soundtrack. Apparently Sky TV has renewed it for another season.

I watched the first 2 episodes of Funny Woman, but it feels like a time killer without being very interesting to me. I also had trouble understanding the actors from time to time due to their strong accents.

Oh, we have to Close Caption all the Brit series we watch. :LOL: As a bonus, the captioning on Funny Woman includes the title of the song being played.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom