Votes: 207 48.5%

Votes: 124 29.0%

Votes: 38 8.9%
  • Other or prefer not to say.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters

imoldernu

Gone but not forgotten
Occurred to me that I don't know the average age of members, so here's a poll.

You're older than me.

Back when I was working for mega corp, I had to spend one year in HR. We ran a full data dump of everyone for some reason. My team mate was almost my exact age, and I remember us noting the average age for the entire corporation was 3 months older than us - we vowed never to run the report again so we could always say were were younger than "average age"

76 next month; DW 66 the month after.

It's no secret that there are a lot of people in the pre-65 club, based on all of the chatter about managing income for ACA. There's also hints available concerning if a person is pulling penalty-free from retirement accounts (usually post-59 1/2, but possibly post-55 from a 401k). And another hint of pre-62 if the comment about "SS" is "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it".

Members in their early 50's or younger are going to be less easy to guess, unless they mention it.

Actual age (65+) state of mind (~20) state of body (75+)?

Last edited:
I mentioned an age milestone to my sister, and she bought DW a cake:

attachment.php

I'm coming up on this same milestone.

My informal observation is the average age when first retiring is 55-57.y.o.

Since I was always way younger than my clients, if the subject of age came up my response was "I was born when there was still 48 stars on the flag". That worked for them.

61. DW is 65. Since she was a SAHM, I now get to pay $400-something for part A (along with part B cost) until May.

Definitely a first world problem. :dance:

I'm 68 (how'd that happen?) and DW is 61, will be 62 in a couple of months.

And yes, I remember nine planets and 48 stars on the flag, black & white TVs and black rotary dial telephones. Long distance phone calls were horribly expensive so the only time they were made was when somebody was born or died, and maybe Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom